First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn, I just another email about production. I was scheduled for 6/14, then 6/28 and now 8/2. I'm going base, v6 and soft top.
Sponsored

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I received the email yesterday like many others. My spin on this is that Ford has put themselves in a tough spot. They know they have a winner with the Bronco but they have botched the release of this vehicle with all these supply constrain issues. This is Fordā€™s fault, they simply were not prepared.

I think by keeping the pricing level for early reservation holders, and prepping the vehicles for hard tops later on they somewhat avoid a giant PR nightmare as they are making some effort to keep reservation holders happy. I also think since they can sell every Bronco they can produce they are hoping this mess leads to many cancellations so they can raise prices and also get dealership inventory that they can sell at market driven prices.

At the end of the day, Ford is profit driven as are the dealerships. We the consumer are an easily replaceable commodity in this case so Ford and the dealer network are testing the limit of our loyalty while hoping enough of us bail on our orders to feed the dealer a high profit vehicle. I have no doubt there be plenty of 4 door Broncos sold at my dealer before I get my truck.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmmm, didnā€™t receive the email and I have a two door ordered. Did others who ordered two doors receive email?
Got no email but this one that said...... and it is a 2 door....
We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2021 Broncoā„¢ OUTER BANKS.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of August 9, 2021. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.

PCgrad98

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got no email but this one that said...... and it is a 2 door....
We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2021 Broncoā„¢ OUTER BANKS.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of August 9, 2021. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.
My Outerbanks, 2dr, High package, Sasquatch, aux switches, modular bumper has a production date of 7/26 and got pulled into 6/28 ā€œBlendā€ been saying in production since 6/21. So hopeful I get a built email and delivery date next week.

My guess is you get pulled in. 2 drs with production dates seem to largely be getting pulled in now. Guesses being given here are, build all the 2 doors with production dates and then move on to 4 dr soft tops and hard tops with production dates for the rest of the year. My guess is 2 drs without a production date yet are in the biggest jam.

Also fun fact is the tracker on this blog showed my window sticker a full day before the Ford website did for whatever reason.

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door BL V6 SAS MIC hardtop- i dont need it until June 2022. Not changing my orderā€¦

3B2B1051-CCDA-4BB7-9C7B-18FACFDB6735.jpeg

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You all with VINs and build dates need to go post on your own thread. Not sure why this even impacts you. Day 2 res here just trying to figure out what to do with this news. I desperately want one, but was planning on doing aftermarket soft top so want MIC. I haven't received any emails since I ordered, so I have to use B6G as my source of info. I don't want to hear anymore complaining about your dates getting pushed. At least you know what year you will be getting it!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's looking like 2024 or 2025 before all models are readily available on dealer lots or available for special order without a year wait.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t even want to think about it.

Itā€™s looking less and less likely Iā€™ll ever own a Bronco. Iā€™m betting the Ranger Raptor will be out long before. Iā€™m currently planning to buy a new vehicle next spring/summer. At this point Iā€™m guessing itā€™ll be some sort of pickup. Either the F150 Lightning, Ranger Raptor, or Cybertruck.
If they announce a Ranger Raptor at the new gen ranger launch in sept, i might really consider it instead, pricing dependent of course

Pittdmb

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didnā€™t get the email yesterday. In fact Iā€™ve gotten no emails along this journey until 12:02 am this morning, I received the email below. I have a day 1 reservation, 4 door OBX, MIC, tow, Area 51, high package, 2.3
THE PRODUCTION DATE FOR YOUR VEHICLE HAS CHANGED.
Dear Xxx,

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2021 Broncoā„¢OUTER BANKS.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of July 19, 2021. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.

Sponsored

PCgrad98

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You all with VINs and build dates need to go post on your own thread. Not sure why this even impacts you. Day 2 res here just trying to figure out what to do with this news. I desperately want one, but was planning on doing aftermarket soft top so want MIC. I haven't received any emails since I ordered, so I have to use B6G as my source of info. I don't want to hear anymore complaining about your dates getting pushed. At least you know what year you will be getting it!
Thereā€™s a good chance if you donā€™t change it to Soft top you wonā€™t get it this year if you donā€™t have a date. If you change it now you likely will get a build date before September and thus wonā€™t get the hard top kit. So if I were you Iā€™d wait until late August and flip to Soft top to get it ASAP with the kit or Iā€™d just say F it and get it when I get it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford has yet to answer why ZERO scheduling in the last four consecutive weeks. After the end of May email I switched to soft top for my 2.3 BB, 4 door. Everything Ford said in the May and yesterdayā€™s email says I should be good to go. Yet no schedulingā€¦ for four weeks
The plant is closed for two weeks in July. Scheduling is on track.

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So...I'm taking a chance here as I haven't read all 29 pages. But this email didn't strike me as all bad news.

If you were waiting for '22 for the mod top or white top, well, it's all bad news. Gotta wait until '23.

If you are waiting for a MIC top, not much has changed from before the email - they're still a major constraint, and so much so that they will be out of orders for a soft top and not enough MICs to finish Broncos coming off the line, so they'll be making stock soft tops before the end of MY21. But you can keep waiting and some are going to get their MIC tops this year and for some this will push them back to MY22. That actually squares with what we already were hearing. But, this email in no way says there won't be more MIC tops scheduled this year.

If you were one of those who wants a MIC but were saying to Ford that you'd switch to a soft top if they made the connections available so you could get a hard top later, congratulations - your feedback was heard and you can do that!

So, definitely a mixed bag. I think the worst news out of the email is that there won't be MICs available for part orders until 2023. That means they anticipate them continuing to be a constraint throughout the next calendar year. I'd bet they still think they can get through all customer orders next year (other than those who opt to wait for MY23 options, of course), but they will build some dealer stock before they make hard tops available through the parts counter. That last part is pure speculation on my part.
Im willing to switch the top for now to wait for a more full menu of top options in a couple years ... BUT

Iā€™m unwilling to give up Lux, tow, or 2.7.

So does that make the switch to soft top pretty pointless? Bc Iā€™ll still be waiting and then get a top I could have avoided?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im willing to switch the top for now to wait for a more full menu of top options in a couple years ... BUT

Iā€™m unwilling to give up Lux, tow, or 2.7.

So does that make the switch to soft top pretty pointless? Bc Iā€™ll still be waiting and then get a top I could have avoided?
Not necessarily. That's where this is challenging - there's no way to know for sure what constraint may delay your build.

That said, there's no doubt MICs are the biggest constraint, and if you are willing to go soft top for now you definitely increase your chances of getting an earlier build date even with Lux, tow, 2.7, etc.

What you'll never know for sure is if you would have gotten built with a MIC in the same time period.

I removed tow from mine as it was the one constraint I was willing to do without and got a VIN at the end of the May. I have no idea if removing tow was the key, but I've got Lux, 2.7, MIC top. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

glamarca

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Charger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a little confused. If I ordered the 2-door Base with the standard MIC hard top roof, is that the carbonized gray they are still offering to us?
Sponsored