Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the distinction may be it has completed the main production line but hasn't had either some options installed or perhaps it got pulled for other QC checks? Just guesses.
FAR too many vehicles are being held up for it to be QC checks, so my guess is that it's other options that need to be installed, or perhaps a module is missing that they're waiting to be delivered.

It is kind of maddening though watching some people get their vehicles delivered while other people on the same build week are still In Production. Hopefully something Ford can improve going forward if they are going to continue to push retail orders rather than buying off the lots.
Sponsored

SASOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FAR too many vehicles are being held up for it to be QC checks, so my guess is that it's other options that need to be installed, or perhaps a module is missing that they're waiting to be delivered.

It is kind of maddening though watching some people get their vehicles delivered while other people on the same build week are still In Production. Hopefully something Ford can improve going forward if they are going to continue to push retail orders rather than buying off the lots.

If you call the Ford customer service they will tell you if you are on a plant hold. I asked the rep several times if I had any chip or part constraints affecting the completion on my build and or my tracker updating. She explained to me that I will remain in "production" until my vehicle can be shipped out. The tracker updates almost simultaneously when you go from built to awaiting shipment. My delivery window is scheduled for this week, but that is not going to happen. I was told it will update to a new delivery window when this one passes. Our builds, at least mine is produced/built and is being held up due to shipping delays. It is not a QC issue, they are having trouble getting carriers.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you call the Ford customer service they will tell you if you are on a plant hold. I asked the rep several times if I had any chip or part constraints affecting the completion on my build and or my tracker updating. She explained to me that I will remain in "production" until my vehicle can be shipped out. The tracker updates almost simultaneously when you go from built to awaiting shipment. My delivery window is scheduled for this week, but that is not going to happen. I was told it will update to a new delivery window when this one passes. Our builds, at least mine is produced/built and is being held up due to shipping delays. It is not a QC issue, they are having trouble getting carriers.
Well it remains "In Production" until it has been "Released for Shipment". Once it is released it may wait another fews days until it actually ships.

So the question is why hasn't it been released for shipment.

Deucey

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW 230 Vert / 2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got this . . . Hopefully that's as shiny as she'll ever be! Looking forward to a couple of rolls in the mud!

It was pretty funny how they signed the email the picture came in with: "Thanks for sticking with us,"

Ford Bronco 8/1/22 Build Week Group image

Sponsored

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great…. Now I’m gonna be stalking my stupid email until I get my pic 🤣🤣🤣
But yay for y’all!! It’s almost Over!
What will we obsess over now? 🤷‍♀️😝

SASOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it remains "In Production" until it has been "Released for Shipment". Once it is released it may wait another fews days until it actually ships.

So the question is why hasn't it been released for shipment.
it doesn’t get released until they actually have a carrier who can take it. It sits in production until then. My shipping window of the 8/13-8/19 is if the carrier has an available driver and transport available if not a new shipping window will be updated. We are at the mercy of the shipping companies now. It is not a production issue.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it doesn’t get released until they actually have a carrier who can take it. It sits in production until then. My shipping window of the 8/13-8/19 is if the carrier has an available driver and transport available if not a new shipping window will be updated. We are at the mercy of the shipping companies now. It is not a production issue.
I get that's what the Ford customer service rep said, but honestly that doesn't really make sense.

The status once it has been released is "Awaiting Shipment - Released". I don't see why it would be stuck in "In Production - Produced" if it is awaiting shipment. It also doesn't match the experience of other users. If it stays "In Production" until there carrier available to pick it up and ship it, then no one should be in the "Awaiting Shipment - Released" status for more than ~24 hours. Yet there are people who have been stuck in "Awaiting Shipment" for weeks—which DOES make sense if they are... well... awaiting shipment (as the status suggests).

So yeah, I think the Ford customer service rep is mistaken to be honest. If it hasn't been released that means the vehicle is not complete. Either it is missing components, or it needs some accessories installed, or they encountered a QC issues.

EDIT— That said, I could be completely wrong, just thinking about it logically.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the assembly line pictures limited to reservation holders or standard orders as well? My Grangtober 2020 reservation is still stuck in the abyss, but my January 2022 order with a different dealer was 'built' last Friday.

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Similar Vehicles in Status" = 712

Still going up....
Yesterday mine was at 315 and similar in status are over 1800 now, but mine is built and waiting to ship…( status is shipped but tracking info NA still)

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Email I got from Ford this weekend gave me a delivery estimate of August 26 - September 1 to Serramonte. I can't see any dates via the back door link.
Did get my assembly line photo today thought.

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh, feeling super left out seeing all these pics! I have an 8/5 Blend but still seeing "In Production" status. Spoke to Ford Chat today and they let me know that my vehicle has been produced but has a Production Complete ET for the week of 8/29 which is around when it will flip to "In Transit". Sounds like there are no holds or delays so it's a bit confusing why I have to wait another couple weeks unless it's all shipping related and I'm just part of the next cohort...
Sponsored