Sponsored

A Ditch Light Photo Data Point (Comparison Pics)

pwork

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/Sportwagen/Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just throwing this on here to hopefully help someone in the future. I had a tough time finding good real world photos to know what improvement to expect. Seems like most photos are of the mounted light themselves, not what their output nor pattern looks like. I took a chance and am very happy with this functional upgrade.
Setup: Black Diamond on level road with rolling hill ahead.
-1st Factory Low beams w/ factory fog lights on
-2nd Factory High beams
-3rd Factory High beams w/ DD SS3 Pro Combo.
Ford Bronco A Ditch Light Photo Data Point (Comparison Pics) PXL_20240205_010511140
Ford Bronco A Ditch Light Photo Data Point (Comparison Pics) PXL_20240205_010516003
Ford Bronco A Ditch Light Photo Data Point (Comparison Pics) PXL_20240205_010520228
Sponsored

OP
OP
pwork

pwork

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/Sportwagen/Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes with the combo pattern.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It also seems most folks have their ditch lights pointed straight ahead, instead of, well, towards the ditch.

It would be helpful to know what the "right" angle is (90 degrees? ha!) to point them for the most efficiency.

Get out your protractors, kids! Let's measure those angles!

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just throwing this on here to hopefully help someone in the future. I had a tough time finding good real world photos to know what improvement to expect. Seems like most photos are of the mounted light themselves, not what their output nor pattern looks like. I took a chance and am very happy with this functional upgrade.
-2nd Factory High beams
Ford Bronco A Ditch Light Photo Data Point (Comparison Pics) PXL_20240205_010520228
Quality feedback for the entire forum!!! Cheers 🍻

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need a photo of which way you are aiming your ditch lights, without that "real world", doesn't mean that much.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It also seems most folks have their ditch lights pointed straight ahead, instead of, well, towards the ditch.

It would be helpful to know what the "right" angle is (90 degrees? ha!) to point them for the most efficiency.

I prefer an asymmetrical setup for maximum coverage from the drivers seat. The drivers A Pillar tends to be obstructing in that regards…

I think my Drivers pod would be about 15-20° and the passenger pod is 25-30°.

The rig is in the shop, but when I get it back I’ll be sure to measure up!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-2nd Factory High beams
First pic - yep
second pic - Mmm Hmm.....
third pic - HOLY SHITE !!!

That's the Pro set !?!? Damn!!
Impressive and a considerable cost savings over the Max's! Now I wonder what the hell you'd need the Max's for?

Thanks for the pics!!
I hope others join in.

C1 Ret

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Snap!! Thanks for sharing. I have Baja Designs mounted to my front bumper but would like some additional angled lighting. You may have just sold me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pwork

pwork

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/Sportwagen/Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might actually have chance against suicidal deer.
That's the hope!

Good call. Will get better measurements tomorrow, but I have 2deg up w my super accurate phone level. Guessing about 5deg out. Have had this setup for a couple months now...this is how I'd set it up originally and haven't seen a need to change it.

Need a photo of which way you are aiming your ditch lights, without that "real world", doesn't mean that much.
Good call. I'll throw up a pic tomorrow in the light.

I prefer an asymmetrical setup for maximum coverage from the drivers seat. The drivers A Pillar tends to be obstructing in that regards…

I think my Drivers pod would be about 15-20° and the passenger pod is 25-30°.

The rig is in the shop, but when I get it back I’ll be sure to measure up!
Interesting. I'll play w that. I have a lot of "closed in" roads near me like in the pic and like the throw and side illumination now, but when by a open field the side throw leaves something to be desired.

First pic - yep
second pic - Mmm Hmm.....
third pic - HOLY SHITE !!!

That's the Pro set !?!? Damn!!
Impressive and a considerable cost savings over the Max's! Now I wonder what the hell you'd need the Max's for?

Thanks for the pics!!
I hope others join in.
Exactly, yes pros. Buddy has the pros in a fog light... those have a very different pattern obviously... Took a chance that the fogs intensity would be plenty in a combo pattern. Was blown away. Seriously considered the max...well because you have to one up him right 😂 but glad I didn't.

Hopefully more folks will join in with some pics!

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are great! I just ordered a Baja Designs kit with two SAE fogs (S2 in white and amber) and the Squadron Pro driving/combo lights for my modular bumper. Very different setup from yours but your post has inspired me to take photos with my setup once they arrive and I instal them. I was also having a hard time visualizing patterns when deciding what to order. Posting photos like this helps.

tfrazier

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco BL 2.7, Lincoln MKZ, Newell Coach (RV)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome comparison pics. Really makes a statement. I am installing my ditch lights this weekend. Hella Black Magic 3.2 Cubes. I’ll try to do a similar comparison.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I lined mine up with the angle on the cowl where they mount and pointed them down a few degrees. I have headlights, fog lights and a 20” light bar in my winch mount for straight ahead. I want my ditch lights to light up the ditch and help see what’s just off the trail or around that curve.
Sponsored