Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I trade in a 2017 F150 XLT Crew cab 2.7 for my 2021 Bronco and on my "old" F150 you could use recirculating air in all flows except defrost. Pretty normal but my 2021 Bronco turns off the recirculating air every 5 to ten minutes so I am sitting here freaking hitting the thing like a mad man and every day this week I hit the Max Air button by accident! Why?
Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco wasn't revealed until 7 months after Covid hit the US. If they weren't ready for launch then they shouldn't have revealed, taken our money or told us we would be first in line to get the damn things. That excuse also runs short when Ford is making plenty of constraint filled Broncos that are going to non reservation folks because they picked the right dealers.

All we ask is the vehicles are built in TIMESTAMP ORDER. If they run out of parts for a build then it goes up the line the following month. There is ZERO reason why a walk in should be getting a Bronco right now when MANY of us have waited since 7/2020.
You are right, it should have been built that way. But that ship has sailed. Hasn't it?

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you go to a restaurant do you expect them to hold the table if your entire party is not there for another 2 hours?

dealer allocation does suck though
Awful analogy.

If a restaurant is taking reservations you better be damn sure they won't be out of food when you show up ON TIME.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you want to run with this restaurant analogy, then it's kind of like this...

You walk into an extremely busy restaurant with a reservation. They sit you at a table and take your order immediately. The problem is, you ordered the steak dinner and they're out of steak. They tell you more steak is coming but it could be a long time. Well, you really really wanted steak so you decide to wait it out.

Now you notice that a lot of other people in the restaurant are eating and enjoying their meals. People who arrived long after you are being served food. You wave down your waiter and ask him the reason for this, and he explains that they all ordered the fish. He asks if you want to change your order to fish and you tell him no, I want steak!

Do you think at this point they should shut down service and announce to the packed restaurant "we are no longer serving any more food until this man gets his steak! This man had a reservation!" It doesn't work like that. All the reservation did was allowed you to place your order before everybody else, but that doesn't really matter if you ordered something that they don't have.
But what if you look around and notice that some of those people arriving after you have steak? What would you do then?

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

allocation is great and all until you see one dealer pulling 29 scheduled builds this month with only 200 orders while other dealers have 400+ orders and are getting a paltry 6-10 per month or even skipped a month which HAS happened. Basically MANY people that reserved within the first 12 hours of reveal won't even get a 2022 while walk ins will continue to get scheduled. How ridiculous is this?

Mark my words...there will be dealer stock sitting on lots this year at some locations while many people get the shaft. I honestly hope this ends up burning Ford so hard even as much as I want this vehicle
29 builds over 5 weeks with 200 orders is still a 8-9 months to fill all of their orders (so many will be waiting for a while longer). I'm sure it's a big dealer that gets more allocation based on historical sales.

How much sense does it make to shut down the line if you can't build due to constraints or they can't ship too many to one dealer because of laws around allocation disbursement that would be deemed unfair to other dealers.

Last edited:

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Furthermore, when I order a pepperoni pizza, I expect to receive a pepperoni pizza for the price shown on the website. I do not expect the delivery driver to add toppings I do not want and charge extra, then refuse to give me my pizza when I complain."
especially if the additional toppings include pineapple, call it what you want but when pineapple is added it is not a pizza anymore.

SmellzLikeYeti

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford doesn't care about people, only profits. Also we are all upset about waiting but whining about waiting to dump 40-50 grand seems like a first world problem lol. I even laugh at myself sometimes for getting wrapped up in it.

OP
OP
Badlux

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
especially if the additional toppings include pineapple, call it what you want but when pineapple is added it is not a pizza anymore.
Becomes a Fruit Pie.

Sponsored

SmellzLikeYeti

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@mrlevine probably puts pineapple on pizza. I bet he also puts the toilet paper roll on backwards.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ground clearance, entrance and departure angles, articulation, and so on Like I said nice vehicle just don't expect to take it where a Bronco and jeep can go
Its quite capable going most places a stock bronco and jeep can go and they are all triple locked and they can tow.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There were never any guarantees other than you will be able to place an order if you had a reservation. If anyone has in writing that Ford said we will be every reservation order before we build any others, please post it.
For those that were not around at the beginning of the Bronco launch and reservations, here is what FORD said, in print, on their website, AT DIFFERENT TIMES, to entice people to signup for a reservation, before they changed the rules two or three times.

Bronco Reservations FAQ
Jul 15, 2020
Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
• Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know
Oct 26, 2020
Original Q&A

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

New Q&A

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Updated Bronco FAQ
Dec 15, 2020

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received using timestamp, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know this wouldn't be so bad if I could take my damn reservation order and transfer it to another dealer who didn't take 400+ reservations prior to March 19th, 2021, but NO. We can't do that. Those dealers did ZERO work / needed zero leads on those reservation sales, they shouldn't be entitled to them.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you want to run with this restaurant analogy, then it's kind of like this...

You walk into an extremely busy restaurant with a reservation. They sit you at a table and take your order immediately. The problem is, you ordered the steak dinner and they're out of steak. They tell you more steak is coming but it could be a long time. Well, you really really wanted steak so you decide to wait it out.

Now you notice that a lot of other people in the restaurant are eating and enjoying their meals. People who arrived long after you are being served food. You wave down your waiter and ask him the reason for this, and he explains that they all ordered the fish. He asks if you want to change your order to fish and you tell him no, I want steak!

Do you think at this point they should shut down service and announce to the packed restaurant "we are no longer serving any more food until this man gets his steak! This man had a reservation!" It doesn't work like that. All the reservation did was allowed you to place your order before everybody else, but that doesn't really matter if you ordered something that they don't have.
@Ford Motor Company , but here’s a napkin to play with while you wait (indefinitely)
Sponsored