Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same.
I probably could unload the Bronco, but I'd be stuck with a loss for the extra crap I bought like the extended warranty and the paid maintenance.
Now my <1000 miles bronco has been at dealer for 4 days. Airbag DTC and body damage at delivery. You can’t make this shit up.
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those with 10k+ miles, have they been trouble free? Just got my VIN today (2.7) and while these issues do have me a little on edge, there must be thousands of super happy drivers out there.

Keeping myself pumped.
I’m at 9k and no issues. I love how it runs. I ran through the blue ridge mountains up and down the valleys at 90mph giddy like a school girl.
I also changed the oil at 1,200 miles and had the 10k service done early. I love this vehicle and this engine so far.
I’m also now…..dare I say it…..concerned.
forget about a tune or blow off valve mod, can’t risk the warranty obviously
the kids are grown so no concern on getting majorly stranded but pissed that I have to even think about all of this.
I really feel for the folks that this has happened to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Icarus

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any way to get the number of active members since the first delivery, the number of delivered 2.7's vs 2.3's within that time period from posted data, the total number of produced Bronco's and we have the number of failures within the forum. May be able to do some statistics magic and figure out a rough failure rate. We are a small cross section of delivered vehicles.

OP
OP
Icarus

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day 5 with no loaner or rental @Ford Motor Company. I told everyone I could hold off until today but I have had radio silence from the dealer and Customer service all day.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Icarus

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well it's been 11 days of having my Bronco in the shop. No ETA on parts, I have Ford Customer Assistance involved as well as the executive office. Hoping to hear back from someone today.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is ridiculous…I took mine to the dealer on Saturday after it blew up with 3 kids in the car and was engulfed with smoke, standing on the side of the road with screaming/crying kids….well I haven’t received one phone call from dealer since Monday with an action plan.
One would also think the GM of Service (even sales) would have called me to apologize on behalf of Ford. NOPE.
I have had mostly Toyota products in my life and recently sold a Wrangler for the Bronco…trust me I loved every second of my Bronco, but seriously, 4500 miles in and POOF! Almost convinced with 25 and counting, 3 this week, early builds might be garbage.

We shall see…
Keep in mind, not everyone is capable of empathy. Some people are best ignored. I can not imagine having a catastrophic failure of a motor vehicle like you experienced with your loved ones. Your description of your experience with your family is awful.

Sure, our Broncos are first year models, but Ford can not be ignorant of the inherent flaw built into many Bronco engines. From the diligent efforts of @Lucchese and others, we have knowledge that strongly suggests that engines built between May 13 to October 8, 2021 have Quality Assurance failures during manufacturing. I hope at this date, you have received the support you are seeking.

33 confirmed and counting, 8 Feb 2022.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the date range again? I’m October 21st engine build
You are outside of the current failure Julian Date Range.

Current failure range is May 13 to October 8, 2021. Based on latest update by Lucchese , 7 Feb, 2021.

Ford Bronco And another one! 2.7 Engine Dead on the side of GA400 1644340883153

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Hey Jim,
- like your idea of highlighting the Julian calendar - good view
- the engines May 13 and Oct 8 could be outliers though - could be just isolated random failures
- imo the real hot zone prob 159 thru 224 - only 66-days - aka '2-month Containment' range
- the other 83-days could be ok - prob no need to alarm w/o more events

EDIT Added:
- might even break it up as two 'hot zones' - see graph in OP
- so far still have 'clear gap' - 25-days in the middle
I am very hopeful that my build, November 15th, is going to be OK, but without any assurances Ford Lima Motor Plant did anything proactive to fix the problem, I will expect an issue around 2,000 miles and won't relax until my Bronco has 7,500 miles. Keep up the good work!

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just hit 10k feeling goodish!
Ford Bronco And another one! 2.7 Engine Dead on the side of GA400 72BE4FF8-2BFE-423A-83D9-B2C5EBB75007

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to see good news shared as well! I have empathy for the unlucky folks.
I have empathy for them too, a lot of it. Glad you made that point. My only intent here is to give us the measurable in my seemingly ton of miles so far
Sponsored