Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a common mileage by when it seems to be happening? In other words, at what point should I deem my 2.7 to be in the clear?
Seems like within the first 3-5,000 miles.
I think the lowest I saw was around 1k and so far seems 3500-5k should indicate it's not affected but who knows, maybe they just don't have the miles on them yet to truly see when it's going to fail, lol. Mpeugot (sorry I probably butchered spelling your name if you are reading this) is compiling a list to try to find affected vins/engine production timeframe since Ford isn't releasing it (yet).
Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How the hell does this dealer have a "Bronco in stock"?
The tow truck has a 310 area code and that sorta looks like Airport Marina Ford to me, but it’s hard to tell. If that is AMF, though, they’ve had 4-6 Broncos at all times just sitting there since at least August. They wouldn’t let me test drive even the base four door, just to see what a soft top was like, and they bragged about selling one for over $100k.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course we need to find out if it was the coolant hose issue and he ran it hot and locked it up or if it blew then leaked fluid everywhere for some reason.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In any case, this is awesome advertisement for @Ford Motor Company. It's genius for them to have Broncos randomly breakdown and be seen by passerbys. Instead of using billboards, Ford is using actual vehicles on the side of the roads and on flatbeds.

Ford: "You know how we should market the Bronco? Have some breakdown, presumably at a higher failure rate than expected, and have them towed via flatbed to the nearest dealer for an engine replacement. Static AND dynamic marketing! You can't get any better than that! Oh, wait..."

Genius.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there a common mileage by when it seems to be happening? In other words, at what point should I deem my 2.7 to be in the clear?
Generally speaking, all Gremlins seem to show themselves within the first 5k. This goes for blown engines, coolant hoses, electrical systems flash and all sorts of alerts, the body control module connection showing up, loose battery cables showing up, etc.

It's sad to say, but I will not be taking my new Bronco out to any unpopulated areas for the first 3-5k because I don't trust it. Hard part is going to be putting that kind of mileage on it while staying close enough to home.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my 2.7 was just built and shipped should any builds from here on out be ok I thought it was just the early July threw sept builds affected so far what’s the latest engine built date on a blown 2.7 so far

ToddGinGA

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unfortunately, I am now adding to this forum, My First Edition engine(2.7) blew on 12/5 when driving home to Atlanta from Orlando. 1358 miles. Service department can't confirm if it is a valve failure only that it was diagnosed as internal damage and ford approved an engine replacement. I am trying to get the part number details on the engine to enter into the tracker. No ETA on the replacement engine availability.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately, I am now adding to this forum, My First Edition engine(2.7) blew on 12/5 when driving home to Atlanta from Orlando. 1358 miles. Service department can't confirm if it is a valve failure only that it was diagnosed as internal damage and ford approved an engine replacement. I am trying to get the part number details on the engine to enter into the tracker. No ETA on the replacement engine availability.
Dang!
What's the build date for your Bronco?

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Todd, if you bitch enough they’ll comp you a ext warranty. Also there might be trip interruption coverage in the 3/36, I’m not 100% on that though.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear when did you take delivery of your bronco was it a early build

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would rather the issue would go a way, as in resolved ;)
This is what I meant when I typed my response wish they did not exist at all from what I hear they are all early build broncos I don’t think any from October on have been affected latest build I saw posted was September I think. I could be wrong my 2.7 will be hear Next week
Sponsored

Last edited: