The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes & No. There are a notable amount of 2.7s that are needing engine replacement .. however when compared to the actual amount of 2.7s on the road that are fine, it's a very very small percentage. I'm eagerly awaiting my 2.7 to go into production in a couple weeks, without fear.
Hope you're not taking in account F 150 2.7s!?! This is a 2.7 Bronco issue. There's a difference somewhere. Slightly different design and factory and add in the pandemic and changing 3rd party vendors for parts. You can't look at the past F 150 2.7 reliability here. This is definitely something to be concerned about.
Sponsored

hotrodjohn

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 1975 Bronco Ranger, 1975 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope you're not taking in account F 150 2.7s!?! This is a 2.7 Bronco issue. There's a difference somewhere. Slightly different design and factory and add in the pandemic and changing 3rd party vendors for parts. You can't look at the past F 150 2.7 reliability here. This is definitely something to be concerned about.
pretty sure its the same as f150, second generation nano 2.7, made at Lima plant

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
pretty sure its the same as f150, second generation nano 2.7, made at Lima plant
Even so. My point is this is a new development caused by the pandemic. New 3rd party vendors for critical parts and all. So you can't compare the reliability of the past. That's my point. Plus I have to believe it's tweaked differently for the Bronco platform. Like the alternator being higher up for waterfording and other things.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not - I am only referring to Bronco failures I've seen. If there is any in F150s I don't pay attention to that platform.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

my 2.7 was just built and shipped should any builds from here on out be ok I thought it was just the early July threw sept builds affected so far what’s the latest engine built date on a blown 2.7 so far
It's the engine building date not the vehicle. With just in time inventory parts to build vehicle only arrive at plant less than a week before assembly but who knows how long the engine sat in Lackawana or wherever they are now built. They don't label them based on plant that produced, like Windsor or Cleveland

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait for the dealer demos to hit general population and begin accruing mileage. I bet we'll see more from that segment of builds. All are built at the end of June with the 2.7L (except manual demos, obviously).
Mannequins have to accumulate something like 7k or 6 months before being released and unless a dealer wrongly parks it on the showroom floor a mannequin should be well broken in

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait for the dealer demos to hit general population and begin accruing mileage. I bet we'll see more from that segment of builds. All are built at the end of June with the 2.7L (except manual demos, obviously).
I thought the dealer demos couldn't be sold until they reached 4,000 miles.

If that was the case, any valve issues would have shown up... Cuz I know I beat the hell out of the test drive I did :)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Even so. My point is this is a new development caused by the pandemic. New 3rd party vendors for critical parts and all. So you can't compare the reliability of the past. That's my point. Plus I have to believe it's tweaked differently for the Bronco platform. Like the alternator being higher up for waterfording and other things.
It's a different vehicle assembly line. The only other vehicle on this line is Ranger and hunch is it does not use the 2.7 or we would hear about it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mannequins have to accumulate something like 7k or 6 months before being released and unless a dealer wrongly parks it on the showroom floor a mannequin should be well broken in
I thought the dealer demos couldn't be sold until they reached 4,000 miles.

If that was the case, any valve issues would have shown up... Cuz I know I beat the hell out of the test drive I did :)

There is no mileage requirement for the FCTP program. The only in service requirement is 6 months. They can use it as a showroom princess, service loaner, test drives, or GM's personal vehicle.

Edit: Updated to include the screenshot of the FCTP program. It was captured in July 2021 and the in-service term has since changed from 7 months to 6 months.
Ford Bronco Another blown 2.7 engine on a Bronco FCTP

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the Bronco 2.7 different from the F150 2.7?
Has Ford dealt with F150 2.7 issues?
The 2.7 isn't new, it has a history. Bueno o no bueno?
2018+ F150 have the same Nano 2.7. The issue is not a design flaw, but a bad batch of valves.

Now why some of those bad valves have not made it into the F-150 line I don't know. But I believe the F-150 and the Bronco versions have different oil pans. If that's the case then the bad batch of valves made it into engines solely slated for Broncos.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Until Ford comes forward with what’s going on it’s just going to be a case of he said she said circle jerk

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Search proved useless so I am semi hits king this post. Can anyone point me to the HP and Foot pound ratings of the 2.7 if REGULAR fuel is used instead of premium. The info on the Ford B&P neglects to provide the 2.7 regular fuel numbers. Thanks .

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Search proved useless so I am semi hits king this post. Can anyone point me to the HP and Foot pound ratings of the 2.7 if REGULAR fuel is used instead of premium. The info on the Ford B&P neglects to provide the 2.7 regular fuel numbers. Thanks .
Ford Bronco Another blown 2.7 engine on a Bronco 1638987761789

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Until Ford comes forward with what’s going on it’s just going to be a case of he said she said circle jerk
If members would post to mpeugeot's tracker I bet we'll know more sooner than hearing squat from Ford.
i.e. the MIC top revelations
Sponsored