PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You bring up a good point about people who jumped into a Bronco and don't have a need for one. I think that Bronco owners can generally be placed into one of two categories: 1) Those who think it's trendy to have a popular SUV or off-road vehicle that can be accessorized. Here we find mall crawlers and others who just want to "be cool" with no real intention of pursuing off-road adventures. Then 2), folks who buy a Bronco specifically for off-road use. This group consists of overlanders, casual off-road hobbyists, and serious/experienced 4X4 back-country explorers/campers. There should almost be two forums. :)

By the way, not slamming the non-off-road crowd, they are of course welcome to the Bronco world and there is nothing at all wrong with that, just saying interests are different when not pursuing an off-road lifestyle.
There is another group, those of us who live in a place where we don't have to go anywhere to off road, we live it daily...
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You bring up a good point about people who jumped into a Bronco and don't have a need for one. I think that Bronco owners can generally be placed into one of two categories: 1) Those who think it's trendy to have a popular SUV or off-road vehicle that can be accessorized. Here we find mall crawlers and others who just want to "be cool" with no real intention of pursuing off-road adventures. Then 2), folks who buy a Bronco specifically for off-road use. This group consists of overlanders, casual off-road hobbyists, and serious/experienced 4X4 back-country explorers/campers. There should almost be two forums. :)

By the way, not slamming the non-off-road crowd, they are of course welcome to the Bronco world and there is nothing at all wrong with that, just saying interests are different when not pursuing an off-road lifestyle.
Some of us need a 4WD vehicle to deal with the harsh realities of bad weather. I refuse to put chains on a vehicle to go into the Sierras. It's been since the 1990's that I last had no 4WD vehicles in the household. My 4WD Pilot handles snow covered roads nicely, but the Bronco is a nice addition to those situations just 30 miles from my house, where chains can be required without 4WD. The common assumption is that the Bronco is an off-road oriented vehicle (which it is), but it is also a great vehicle for poor weather locations where 4WD is necessary and not a luxury to traverse roadways. If this were earlier this season, this would be my Bronco pictured and not my Pilot (5 hrs worth of snow in this pic)
Ford Bronco Anybody have Bronco buyer's remorse and why? Pilot in Snowstorm

Sponsored

KG203

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara Unlimited JL with Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is another group, those of us who live in a place where we don't have to go anywhere to off road, we live it daily...
I'll join you in that group. I need a 4X4 to get to my house. But I don't go rock crawlin.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure why there are so many complaints about the plastic inside on the interior.. What would you rather see? I ask because after the significant clean up job I had to yesterday after a day of running in dust, water, mud etc with the top down; clean up was much easier than a vehicle that would have had wood, leather or chrome all over the place inside. I hear the same complaints on Rangers (which I also have one of) and again, the plastic on the interior is much easier to clean and dress than any wood/leather/chrome/etc... that I have had to deal with in the past. Thoughts?
I donā€™t mind the look of the plastic but damn it scratches easy. You can look at it cross eyed and make a scratchā€¦.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love my Bronco, how ever I am going back to a F-150, trying to fit 2 teens and a baby in a car seat just not working, I'm going to order a F-150 Tremor this week,

IMG_8554.jpg
I have a 17 f150 king ranch...absolutely love it.....which is why I decided to get the bronco...I would try to keep the bronco as well as the truck...those kids will grow fast and be gone before u know it then you'll be wishing u had kept it

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have buyers remorse that I didnā€™t get the auxiliary switches. šŸ„ŗ

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of us need a 4WD vehicle to deal with the harsh realities of bad weather. I refuse to put chains on a vehicle to go into the Sierras. It's been since the 1990's that I last had no 4WD vehicles in the household. My 4WD Pilot handles snow covered roads nicely, but the Bronco is a nice addition to those situations just 30 miles from my house, where chains can be required without 4WD. The common assumption is that the Bronco is an off-road oriented vehicle (which it is), but it is also a great vehicle for poor weather locations where 4WD is necessary and not a luxury to traverse roadways. If this were earlier this season, this would be my Bronco pictured and not my Pilot (5 hrs worth of snow in this pic)
Ford Bronco Anybody have Bronco buyer's remorse and why? Pilot in Snowstorm
Oh, this is of course very true and a point I missed due to being here in Southern California . . . it never strikes me that one might need 4WD just to get around the neighborhood!

Rmtok1

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm pretty sure the guy that left his rig submerged did.
Ford Bronco Anybody have Bronco buyer's remorse and why? 1650928968507

Catdaddy51

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition, 2010 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
the only remorse we have is the transmission is acting up at 300 miles. now at 2000 miles dealer is changing transmission. been at the dealer longer than we have had it. They have put almost as much miles on it testing it than we have.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The dealership gave me a crazy price for my trade in, my focus RS, which I bought from them. They were willing to do that, then I was willing to pay them their crazy price for the Bronco, well the first one. Insurance settled for what I paid for Bronco #1 so I could buy Bronco #2. I owned the RS from New 2017, I drove it for free.

It is all relative. Still zero remorse. It looks great next to my 77.
I feel you here.
The Bronco we ordered (on a train coming to VA now) is going to be my wife's DD. She doesn't drive much at all - she worked mainly from home BEFORE all this COVID stuff. She likes topless vehicles. Her '17 Mustang ragtop (2500 miles put on it in a YEAR) will be traded in. Dealer is giving us what we paid for it used in '18.

Normally we drive my '19 Mustang GT. I bought it new in Sept '19. Mild mods. 6 speed manual. My daily driver. Dealer saw my car and made me an offer. It's theirs this week. Can't turn it down. They are paying me what I paid for it new. 30K miles and 2.5 + years ago. Bronco is MSRP FWIW.

So essentially I will drive the Bronco most of the time, because she would rather have me drive when we go anywhere.

Otherwise I'll drive my '12 F150 4x4. It's got the Coyote engine and only 60K miles and it's paid off (Dealer tried to buy that too - for MORE Than what we paid for it used in '19).

I'm actually haunting CoPart now to see if I can score a wrecked GT350 and make it a project / DD vehicle.

I actually waited to order a Bronco until my wife could drive and ride in one (a lifted 35" dealer demo) and see if she still wanted it. She loved it.

I've owned Jeeps and plenty of old trucks / cars and my son daily drives a '95 Bronco on 35's we totally tore apart and put back together. People complaining about squeaks / rattles etc are in a for a rude awakening when they get some miles on their Bronco. It's a truck designed to compete with the Jeep at a certain price point. Upscale interior + better fit and finish / trim etc would push the price out of the competition range.

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None and Iā€™m positive Iā€™ll be the proud owner of a Bronco for the rest of my days. FWIW, this is my first Ford and when my 7.20.20 reservation gets scheduled, it will be my second. Iā€™m keeping both Broncos. :)
Feel for you if you still donā€™t have a build date or VIN, with a 7/20/20 reservation!
Sponsored