First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still don't understand the hate for the auto start stop. Aside from it sounding harsh on startup I don't even realize it most of the time.
it
I still don't understand the hate for the auto start stop. Aside from it sounding harsh on startup I don't even realize it most of the time.
I pur
I still don't understand the hate for people who hate it :)
It was the for me.
I still don't understand the hate for the auto start stop. Aside from it sounding harsh on startup I don't even realize it most of the
Actually I do disagree with that statement.... It does save gasoline. You will get better gas milage. Not a huge improvement but the more sitting and idling you do the more it saves. Also it decreases air pollution. The internal combustion engine pollutes the air. The more gasoline it burns the more it pollutes. That is just facts.... Now if it wears out parts faster and they end up in the landfill where is the trade off? Where is the line that says do this or do not? I have never crunched those numbers. Whole bunch of people say they have and they all give you different answers. Who should you believe? I do not know the answer.
[/QUOTE
Actually I do disagree with that statement.... It does save gasoline. You will get better gas milage. Not a huge improvement but the more sitting and idling you do the more it saves. Also it decreases air pollution. The internal combustion engine pollutes the air. The more gasoline it burns the more it pollutes. That is just facts.... Now if it wears out parts faster and they end up in the landfill where is the trade off? Where is the line that says do this or do not? I have never crunched those numbers. Whole bunch of people say they have and they all give you different answers. Who should you believe? I do not know the answer.
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
and I will be disabling mine as well.... Right now I push the button.... I think the FORD tune remembers the last setting and leaves it off.... If the tune still does that I will not need it but.. If that is not working for the 2023s I will have to look at this.
The FP Tune does indeed remember the last setting. Lethal Performance has them on sale for $599 shipped if you are looking for a deal

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wanting to do this for mine, but I am reluctant to do it until my Warranty expires. I feel like Ford will give difficulties If god forbid I need to claim an engine or turbo issue.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
why even bother if you have a manual? You should never be sitting in neutral on the roads. As long as you are in a gear it never kicks in, and 99.99% of the time you should be in gear. I almost forget the auto start stop is a thing.
When I slow down I put it in neutral too.
and when I’m at a red light I am in neutral
I think you don’t want to have the clutch pedal in as much as possible.
Ive never ended up in oncoming traffic.
So in my case I like ass bcuz I’m in heavy traffic a lot.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Old news. Also have had the Amazon one for several months. Works beautiful and so much easier to install.

Auto Start Stop Eliminator 2022... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BP9VGF4Y

Dunning Kruger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D OBX 2.7L Bronco, 2015 Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t care about saving a drop of fuel at the expense of shortening my engine life.
This is a lame attempt to please government regulators. The auto stop eliminator works great.
Totally off topic - do you still have that '78 Bronco in your avatar?

I drove a red '78 as my first driver when I was a kid. It had the bench front seat. Loved that Bronco!!!

Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will tell you I would rather save a $600 starter and keep my gas mileage up as a result of my truck not shutting off at stop signs and stop lights. I have everyone ask me to do it with FORScan and I can only do '21s.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saves gas, sure but it’s negligible at best. Pollutes the air ok, way less than the climate people crying about the world boiling who also fly around on private jets and pollute more in one year than I will in my entire life. Good news is I live in America (I assume you do too) and I disabled mine day one. If you like it keep it. Freedom
You can also disable ASS in Canada with the same method. Also, Mexico. Oh, and Europe.

So....everybody is freedom? 🤣

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't this topic just friggin die already? This is only the 2700th thread on this exact same topic in the past three years. Please shoot me. Where is @Rick Astley when we need him?

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am wanting to do this for mine, but I am reluctant to do it until my Warranty expires. I feel like Ford will give difficulties If god forbid I need to claim an engine or turbo issue.
I got no issues with my ass plug, except when its cold out, and even then, she warms up and it doesn’t cycle through

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I was at Bronco Super Cell in Colorado, I found out there was a ASS eliminator on Amazon.
I purchased it for $44.99 and have had it installed for several months and it works great.
It's an easy install as well.
cool mine never bothered me

ZEN50

Badlands
First Name
Zenon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/ 86 GT, Capri & Turbo Coupe/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does the Amazon one not work on the Badlands?

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
and I will be disabling mine as well.... Right now I push the button.... I think the FORD tune remembers the last setting and leaves it off.... If the tune still does that I will not need it but.. If that is not working for the 2023s I will have to look at this.
The 2021 auto start stop has to be reset every fricken time you shut off the motor.
I installed the eliminator myself.
Saves wear and tare on the starter motor,battery, and my nerves.
Works great,love it.
Sponsored