Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Briefly compared AsBuilds and a 10 speaker system uses the DSP so by default the ACM sends out a flat signal (00) and a Base model which doesn't have a DSP defaults to EQS EQ #1 (01). You could try the following to see if it helps. Other than that I don't see much else for this.

ACM727-01-02xx**xxxxxx--00 = EQS Flat EQ
That actually sounds promising….Maybe setting it to 00 disables the head unit DSP which could make a nice difference and is inline with the mustang video from the OP.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Briefly compared AsBuilds and a 10 speaker system uses the DSP so by default the ACM sends out a flat signal (00) and a Base model which doesn't have a DSP defaults to EQS EQ #1 (01). You could try the following to see if it helps. Other than that I don't see much else for this.

What does “AsBuilds” mean? I assume base audio system?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for inspecting! I will give this a shot

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vehicle As-Built data. The various 0's and 1's of code that determine everything software related in the computers. Each vehicle is provided this data. It's generally exclusive to each vehicle (VIN) but lots of things can be the same. And also things can be different. Comparing values is what leads to a lot of this information. Hence how I discovered how to enable Sport mode on my Badlands Broncos.

So that's what I did I compared a vehicle with the 10 Speaker system to a vehicle that has the 6 speaker system.

I may have not followed great grammar, it should have read: " Briefly compared AsBuilds. And a 10 speaker system..."
Haha, no problem I was just curious. Thanks for the explanation. Looking forward to these results.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We just need to figure out how to enable the jbl sound bar option...then put better speakers in the rear, tap off the rear for the amp and everything will be good.

Sponsored

SATX

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco G2&G3&G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed JL Audio VX700/5i amp (which has an integrated DSP), Focal Performance 165AS3 component speakers in the front, Focal Performance 100AC 2-way speakers in the rear, JL Audio sub box, and I ran new speaker gauge wire to all the speakers after the amp. It made a world of difference as long as you don't mess with the fade of the Bronco's. I still have some more tuning to do on the amp EQ, but sounds really good even with flat EQ. (I did run into some issues with stereo static/interference going into the amp, but eliminated it by using better quality speaker wire going from the stereo harness to the amp speaker inputs. I posted that in a thread I started.)

Illini_STL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

did this work?
I was using Forscan today to change my key fob panic button to two presses, so I thought I'd try this as well to see if it changed the sound (specifically low end) of the rear speakers. Spoiler alert... it didn't.

I first listened to a fairly bass heavy track before making any changes. I put the trebble and mid EQ's all the way down and the bass all the way up and turned up the volume to 12. I put my ear directly over the front 4", directly in front of the 6.5", and then directly under the rear 4". Here is what I found...

As everyone knows, the bass (what little there is) is obviously coming from the 6.5". I could not tell any difference between the front and rear 4" speakers (they both sounded exactly the same).

Then I updated 727-01-02 from "0901 000D 0048" to "0900 000D 0048" as noted earlier in this thread. I then listened to the same track at the same volume with the EQ's in the same positions. I did not hear any difference from my original test, nor was there any improvement or difference in the low end output from the rear 4" compared to the front 4".

The only thing I noticed that changed after I made the Forscan update was that in the Bronco's sound settings, the "Occupancy Mode" settings that allow you to toggle between "All Seats" and "Driver Focused" disappeared. Below is a picture of what the sound setting screen looks like stock (before this Forscan mod). After the Forscan mod, this screen only displayed "Tone Settings," "Balance and Fade," and "Speed Compensated Volume."

I then went back into Forscan and undid the "00" back to the original "01" and the "Occupancy Mode" setting came back.

Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan radio

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was using Forscan today to change my key fob panic button to two presses, so I thought I'd try this as well to see if it changed the sound (specifically low end) of the rear speakers. Spoiler alert... it didn't.

I first listened to a fairly bass heavy track before making any changes. I put the trebble and mid EQ's all the way down and the bass all the way up and turned up the volume to 12. I put my ear directly over the front 4", directly in front of the 6.5", and then directly under the rear 4". Here is what I found...

As everyone knows, the bass (what little there is) is obviously coming from the 6.5". I could not tell any difference between the front and rear 4" speakers (they both sounded exactly the same).

Then I updated 727-01-02 from "0901 000D 0048" to "0900 000D 0048" as noted earlier in this thread. I then listened to the same track at the same volume with the EQ's in the same positions. I did not hear any difference from my original test, nor was there any improvement or difference in the low end output from the rear 4" compared to the front 4".

The only thing I noticed that changed after I made the Forscan update was that in the Bronco's sound settings, the "Occupancy Mode" settings that allow you to toggle between "All Seats" and "Driver Focused" disappeared. Below is a picture of what the sound setting screen looks like stock (before this Forscan mod). After the Forscan mod, this screen only displayed "Tone Settings," "Balance and Fade," and "Speed Compensated Volume."

I then went back into Forscan and undid the "00" back to the original "01" and the "Occupancy Mode" setting came back.

Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan radio
Thank you for trying this. I added a kicker key amplifier with built in DSP and it made a world of difference vs. just swapping the speakers.

Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed JL Audio VX700/5i amp (which has an integrated DSP), Focal Performance 165AS3 component speakers in the front,
Where did you mount the tweeters?

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You did this just for the rears?
No, I did this only for the front 4 speakers.

Those that I’ve seen on here who have used a 4 channel amp have basically just faded all of the sound to the front and let the head unit continue to power the rears.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you really want to see noticeable gains you need to get a digital signal processor, it will open up any system and give you a ton of flexibility. I prefer a Rockford Fosgate 360, programed correctly it will blow your mind. Keep in mind the Bronco is not designed for sound fidelity and doesn't have any sound deadening whatsoever so at some point you just get what you get.
Ya, but when the "premium" system is barely adequate, Ford should be embarrassed, my 2011 F150 XL with stock speakers and a $60 head unit (Soundstream VCD-22B) sounds better, has more adjustability, and nearly the same power (or it sounds like it) as my "Premium" B&O sound system.

That's a little ridiculous... I was embarrassed to even buy that Soundstream head unit, save for the fact that it was going into a work truck essentially.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bottom outside corner of dash speaker grill.

Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan ADF3042B-A174-4AFA-AF64-510A2175E61B
Oh thanks for the pic....looks good! I have a set I need to fit in when I get a bronco
Sponsored