Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First post here.

For those curious to see how 33" all terrain tires would look on the base with the polished steelies then I mocked these up in Photoshop.

I think this looks fantastic, the proportions with 33" tires look just right for the 2 door. The 35" tires are better suited on the 4 door.

I'm surprised Ford don't offer 32" all terrain tires as standard with the base or as an upgrade (gloss black 17" steelies) considering it would provide a little more ground clearance to match that in the base Wrangler.

I dread to think how many hours I've spent on that configurator going back and forth with options. I'm constantly torn between the Base and the Black Diamond, it seems like there's so many options but too many compromises to get the perfect configuration that I'm after.

Decided not to get carried away with all the bells and whistles and to stick with the base and then upgrade to 32"/33" tires later for the minimal off-roading I'll be doing.

Money I save can go to other things since a $7k jump to Black Diamond isn't justified IMO which is the only alternative option I like that doesn't break the bank.

This base configuration comes in at $33,920.

bronco.png
bronco2.png
I'm going to put 285/75r16 tires on my 2dr in VB. I thought about staying with the steel wheels but you can get 16" wheels so cheap. The ones I'm looking at are $145 each. I'm going to have 5 new wheels and tires for around $1600-1800.
Sponsored

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to put 285/75r16 tires on my 2dr in VB. I thought about staying with the steel wheels but you can get 16" wheels so cheap. The ones I'm looking at are $145 each. I'm going to have 5 new wheels and tires for around $1600-1800.
That's true. However I'd get 17" black steelies from a respected brand if I was going to do that similar to the Black Diamond, more tire choices at 17"

Last edited:

OH-RK

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's true. However I'd get 17" black steelies from a respected brand if I was going to do that similar to the Black Diamond, more tire choices at 17"
Thats the look im going for.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My friend had Toyota install heated seats after the fact on his tundra and said he felt like he could feel the heating element or coil through the cushion... I wonder if that’s common or not

Sponsored

Bronco55

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 2007 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

exact size I am going with. May even be a little cheaper and just paint the factory steelies black if I dont like the polished look. Just going to get 5 tires for $1200ish. I think the 33s will look really good on the base.

Have contemplated 295/75/r16 as well. Theyre the same price as the 285s I am looking at and about a 1/2" bigger and slightly wider

Straightbase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Base MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there any suspension mods/spacers needed to fit that tire?

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are there any suspension mods/spacers needed to fit that tire?
Nobody knows for sure but IMO I'm assuming it will not be a problem with the stock offset or +18mm aftermarket wheels. I may add spacers, if needed or the way it stands.

Yes, Stephens will tint my windows before I pick it up.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone with a 2Dr base Sasquatch got a vin yet?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Several people have, yes.
I have a day 1 reservation and was first at my dealer and haven’t heard anything yet, just hoping to get it before Christmas.

wonder if orders are being filled by Region?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish Ford would have tinted the windows! I will be getting mine tinted as soon as I take delivery.
Ford would put a 50-state mild tint on it anyway. When I get mine, one of the first things I do will get a good Arizona tint on it, which will be much darker than a factory tint would be.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like that the base doesn't have tint on the second row doors.
Think about driving, top off and windows up, the diff tint between front and back looks unbalanced and distracts the eye from the profile lines.
I am going to get the mic windows tinted, and leave the doors matching un tinted.
Sponsored

Reactions: R11