Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like that the base doesn't have tint on the second row doors.
Think about driving, top off and windows up, the diff tint between front and back looks unbalanced and distracts the eye from the profile lines.
I am going to get the mic windows tinted, and leave the doors matching un tinted.
I like that the base doesn't have tint on the second row doors.
Think about driving, top off and windows up, the diff tint between front and back looks unbalanced and distracts the eye from the profile lines.
I am going to get the mic windows tinted, and leave the doors matching un tinted.
never thought of that !!! But I agree
Sponsored

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya man most people rely on a subscription for music like amazon music or itunes or satellite nowadays. Just easier to carry with u and u dont lose cd’s between the seats and scratch em to all hell when changing while driving. I dont miss those days😂👍🏻
Love my Apple Music $100 a year and pretty much everything you could ever want music wise

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Patmajia

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who is actually putting their money where their mouth is and getting a base model? Count me in! 2-door, base, 7 speed, and sasquatch of course. Going for cactus grey, I am in AZ after all! I will add aux switches if available. Nothing else I really need, I'll go aftermarket!
I ordered base...only because there is no super ultra-base pure utilitarian version. Had a nearly indestructible bronco 2 which did everything and went everywhere (and actually still goes after 35 years in dusty farm country though very tired). I just wanted to replace it. Not rock climbing here- just dealing with dirt. Have 3/4 ton diesel for tractor and trailer towing. So I would have settled for 150hp 200ft lbs Torque, no turbo, 2 gallon engine oil capacity, two stage air filter system, vinyl and rubber interior, minimal electronics. 4wd with rear limited slip diff is enough. Thought Black Diamond too expensive just to get vinyl and $500 limited slip. but is better choice than base. I think an ultra-base with minimal stuff (anything that can break is bad) might also be popular in Mexico, South America, Russia, and Africa. Land Rover went uptown, became complex and unreliable, got sold to India. Mitsubishi went unibody and soft. Toyota Land cruiser is too expensive. Tacoma more successful. I suspect Ford could walk right back in to all those markets where the need is affordable, capable, simple, and perpetually repairable-and make money.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered base...only because there is no super ultra-base pure utilitarian version. Had a nearly indestructible bronco 2 which did everything and went everywhere (and actually still goes after 35 years in dusty farm country though very tired). I just wanted to replace it. Not rock climbing here- just dealing with dirt. Have 3/4 ton diesel for tractor and trailer towing. So I would have settled for 150hp 200ft lbs Torque, no turbo, 2 gallon engine oil capacity, two stage air filter system, vinyl and rubber interior, minimal electronics. 4wd with rear limited slip diff is enough. Thought Black Diamond too expensive just to get vinyl and $500 limited slip. but is better choice than base. I think an ultra-base with minimal stuff (anything that can break is bad) might also be popular in Mexico, South America, Russia, and Africa. Land Rover went uptown, became complex and unreliable, got sold to India. Mitsubishi went unibody and soft. Toyota Land cruiser is too expensive. Tacoma more successful. I suspect Ford could walk right back in to all those markets where the need is affordable, capable, simple, and perpetually repairable-and make money.
Preach! I’m in, I do have the Sasquatch and Aux switches that’s it

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 Door base, 7 speed manual, silver. Reserved 7/15/20, converted reservation 2/9/20. I have a signed build sheet from the dealer for $31,470, but I need to figure out how they will remove the sound deadening headliner cost of $495 since they sent the email saying they were included ( I assume for the base too?). The build sheet from the dealer says not an invoice.... curious to see what they try to mark up. I keep reading that everyone has agreed prices, but when I asked they said they wouldn't know till later (they have been very disorganized)

• Splash Guards - Front
  • Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner
  • Storage Bag - Front Row Top Panels (for On-Vehicle Storage)
  • Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
  • Keyless-Entry Keypad
  • Auxiliary Switches with Pre-Run Accessory Wires located in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights
  • Floor Liners, Front and Rear
  • Paint Protection Film

Last edited:

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Converted to a soft top today. I didn’t care for the look of the big bend with a soft top so I went down to the 2.7 base squatch. Hopefully I’ll see it soon.

base camp! 🙌🏼

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base with SAS and Aux Switches = the Best Buy with Full Capabilities. (2.7 & MIC if you want)

The SAS isn't about the tires or even the shocks, Its the best way to get the better 4A transfer case which includes the heavy duty front diff, front and rear lockers, Trail Cont/One pedal.
You can't get all that without SAS on Base or BB.

You can get to 4A with the goodies on BD and up without SAS, but it costs even more and you don't get the Tires and Shocks.

I may replace the SAS Bilsteins with lifted aftermarket shocks... but I can sell the stocks off and prob cover half the upgrade price.
The only other thing I will add later is aftermarket bumper and full plates, but that will be cheaper/better than stock in a year or so.

Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base with SAS and Aux Switches = the Best Buy with Full Capabilities. (2.7 & MIC if you want)

The SAS isn't about the tires or even the shocks, Its the best way to get the better 4A transfer case which includes the heavy duty front diff, front and rear lockers, Trail Cont/One pedal.

You can get to 4A with the goodies on BD and up without SAS, but it costs even more and you don't get the Tires and Shocks.

I may replace the SAS Bilsteins with lifted aftermarket shocks... but I can sell the stocks off and prob cover half the upgrade price.
The only other thing I will add later is aftermarket bumper and full plates, but that will be cheaper/better than stock in a year or so.
.....but automatic only option. Poor decision by Ford.

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base

But the BD is only 1k more, which has the much better interior trim and the extra goat modes when you compare everything with the two its a close call but I think the BD sneaks ahead as the better value and better all round vehicle.

I still think the base non squatch is the way to go for the money, especially if just going off road a few times a year at most. To most I imagine its all about the fun factor taking the roof off and cruising round the coast or the countryside with a bit of camping thrown in and not caring about the interior, you can do all that with the base and some upgraded AT tires

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It all depends on what you want out of it of course. : )

If you don't want the advanced "4x4" options, than a non-sas base makes a fine beach cruiser at 35,340 + Rims and 33' Tires approx 2000 = 37,340 (add a level lift for 500 more 37,840)

My example was talking about 4dr AT with "Full Off Road Capabilities" (Adv 4wd/HD Front axle/Front Locker/Rear Locker/One Pedal which requires AT)

The Cheapest in a Base is with SAS and AT at 41,130
The Comparable BigBend with SAS and AT is 45,405 (adds Leather Steering and shifter, tint)
The Comparable Black Diamond with SAS and AT is 47,570 (Adds Bumpers,Plates,MGV,etc)
The Cheapest in a Black Diamond Non-SAS and AT is 43,075 (without 4.7 gears, Bilstiens, Rims, 35" Tires)

You just can't beat the 4x4 value of the BaseSquatch.

Phosvitin

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota matrix and honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all when did B&P change? I can now add wheels to the base package???or had I just given up on the Bronco and not noticed this along time ago
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 89130252-6391-4BB2-A4EA-F93FDF776AC7
Good call, there is a lot of new build and price stuff I didn't notice before. Although I can't find those black wheels for the base...
Sponsored