Base Model Bronco Thread

Zeta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm working up the guts to put a reservation in. I'm due for a promotion at work and once the build and price tool goes live I don't know if I'll be able to resist. The problem is I don't know what trim to get. Obviously I don't want to spend too much.

I drive almost exclusively in the city, suburbs, and highways. I have a girlfriend and no kids. I need some covered cargo space for server equipment. I need to have a trailer hitch for a bike rack and occasional small trailers.
I want the 2.7, auto transmission, and auxiliary switches. I want the 2-door.
I like the idea of locking diffs, steel bumpers, and washout interior but those are more wants than needs.
I think the black steel wheels and 32s look better than the silver steelies and 30s.
I don't want 35s, because of those tire prices and road noise.
None of the colors draw me in yet. I'm disappointed there isn't a real green.

Help me out?
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm working up the guts to put a reservation in. I'm due for a promotion at work and once the build and price tool goes live I don't know if I'll be able to resist. The problem is I don't know what trim to get. Obviously I don't want to spend too much.

I drive almost exclusively in the city, suburbs, and highways. I have a girlfriend and no kids. I need some covered cargo space for server equipment. I need to have a trailer hitch for a bike rack and occasional small trailers.
I like the idea of locking diffs, steel bumpers, and washout interior but those are more wants than needs.
I think the black steel wheels and 32s look better than the silver steelies and 30s.

Help me out?
There is zero risk posed by putting down $100 for a reservation. It’s fully refundable. No guts required.

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Help me out?
seems like bd is the choice for you.

aftermarket wheels, or the upgrade there.

If not. 7k less for the base and then upgrade or do without.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am starting to feel some interest towards a non-squatch base. My only real hope is that the interior isn’t limited to black cloth.
Same here for the Base Trim. I would take if it has Only Black, as my 16' Pilot has Beige and I have take extra care and soo hard to keep them clean from a 8 and 2 Year old.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm working up the guts to put a reservation in. I'm due for a promotion at work and once the build and price tool goes live I don't know if I'll be able to resist.
There is zero risk posed by putting down $100 for a reservation. It’s fully refundable. No guts required.
I was in Zeta's position. It took me a while to reserve too. There's still the risk of temptation. I wanted to be sure it's everything I wanted without getting trigger happy. I knew if I reserved too early I would probably get it even if it was for the wrong reasons. It's only $100 but can be a bit of an emotional investment for some.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Help me out?
Im in the same boat with you. The BD is really what I want but the 6-7k premium is too much. When you add the 2.7 and auto, the BD isn't a cheap vehicle (for me). Also, while I love the steelies on the base, I don't think in person they are going to look good. They just wont have the diameter to fill the wheel well to compliment the truck as a whole. It really does seem like building a BD from a base is the way to go.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think there will be a fair number of new wheel take-offs on the Big Bend trim. You may be able to buy those used/like new for a reasonable price. Could also paint the standard steel wheels black and buy a taller AT tire.

Sponsored

Zeta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im in the same boat with you. The BD is really what I want but the 6-7k premium is too much. When you add the 2.7 and auto, the BD isn't a cheap vehicle (for me). Also, while I love the steelies on the base, I don't think in person they are going to look good. They just wont have the diameter to fill the wheel well to compliment the truck as a whole. It really does seem like building a BD from a base is the way to go.
I do appreciate all the responses. This one in particular resonates with me. I'm not sure what Ford is charging 6-7k for on the upgrade from base to BD (or BB for that matter). Base can't add all the options or packages, but paying for a higher trim for the ability to add a package (which is more money still) feels pretty bad. I know it's intentional to lock the goodies away behind higher trims, it just feels bad.

Spend about $4500 over Base for Big Bend and you get:
One more GOAT mode (mud/ruts).
17 inch aluminum wheels with 32 inch AT tires.
LED fog lamps.
A different grill.
Privacy glass.
Leather steering wheel and shifter.
OPTION to add Mid Package.
OPTION to add locking rear differential.
OPTION to add tow package (according to website code leak, not confirmed).

Spend about $6800 over Base for Black Diamond and you get:
Two more GOAT modes (mud/ruts and rock crawl)
17 inch black steel wheels with 32 inch AT tires.
A different grill.
Privacy glass.
Leather steering wheel and shifter.
Steel front and rear bumper (Base and BB can only option front steel, not rear).
Rock rails and heavy bash plates.
Auxiliary overhead switches (Base and BB can option for this).
Washout flooring and vinyl seats.
Locking rear differential.
OPTION to add Mid Package.
OPTION to add tow package (according to website code leak, not confirmed).

I'm not entirely sure if those things are worth the ticket to ride to me.

Last edited:

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Spend about $4500 over Base for Big Bend and you get:
xxxx
Spend about $6800 over Base for Black Diamond and you get:
xxxx
I'm not entirely sure if those things are worth the ticket to ride to me.
I'm with you on that!
Planning on a 2 door in Anti-matter Blue.
I'd be happy with a Base, 2.7+ auto, privacy glass, 32" tires and rear locker. The BD would do it but at a huge price increase. Anxiously awaiting the build/price details.

This would be a modern replacement for my 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I can do without the modern electronic stuff of the hi-end packages. I'm more concerned with interior/cargo space, power, driveability and mpg. It appears most everything else about the Bronco would be a huge improvement over my '01.

Question....
Do the BB/BD variants have different suspension heights or gearing due to the larger tires? One of the posted spreadsheets mentions 3.73 open, 4.46, and 4.70 locker being avail on the base. I'll guess the 4.7 is the Squatch option.
30" to 32" is a 6.7% increase, but 3.73 to 4.46 is a 19.6% increase.
The BB, BD, and OB show a 4.27 locker avail, a 14.5% increase. I have no idea what will be standard.

Hoping there will be more individual options for the base, but guessing Ford prefers the package plan.

LandShark2k10

Base
First Name
davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going with the base 2 dr. 2.3 with the auto and the s.q. package in a.m. blue. gonna drive it for a few years then it will be my sons first car. hes excited about having the same first car I did for his first car.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big Bend (and up) represent the worst value to content ratio I’ve ever seen. Have to really want/need the upgrades to move up. This thread discusses:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/why-would-anyone-buy-the-2dr-big-bend-over-the-base.2898/

This spreadsheet (from website leak) is a very good indicator of what equipment is available by trim. I’m sure there will be a few changes but I’d say this is pretty accurate. Thanks to @North7 & @72roadster.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco6g-build-price-planner-spreadsheet.3407/

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am leaning base +2.7 +hardtop, will upgrade wheels and at least 33s. I am trying to resist black diamond, but the interior and 4.46 gears seem To lend themselves better to having the option to run 33s or 35s. I find it a hard pill to swallow to spend 45k for an off-road non-luxury vehicle though.
Sponsored