NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
33s maybe, but as you go up in tire size your RPMs decrease, this is why gearing is important. Unfortunately since they decided to use turbo engines it’s hard to get the engine program to have boost that low while also maintaining any semblance of fuel economy. On a nice V8 engine I would say sure, in this case... ehhh.
Either they’re going to get V12 fuel economy or your going to get 4 cylinder performance if the gears aren’t also swapped. Maybe 33s will be fine but I wouldn’t venture past on tune alone.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
For what it’s worth gearing really isn’t that expensive, I just regeared my truck and completely replaced every bearing and seal on both diffs for $2,500 with a very nice and long warranty. I expect parts to be a little cheaper for the Bronco based on axle size. It’s almost the price of two sets of 35s. Well worth it, and honestly it may be worth while to go further than 4.70, won’t know until we get real world data.

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there anything mechanical that is weaker or not as mechanically refined on a base plus Sasq than on the Badlands or the wildtrack ? Less the Swaybar disconnect of course .

Which T-case comes with the Sasq ?

I don't go much for all that software to help me drive better , Ill take my chances on my skill set . Maybe the wet road/icy conditions is of direct real time assistance

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there anything mechanical that is weaker or not as mechanically refined on a base plus Sasq than on the Badlands or the wildtrack ? Less the Swaybar disconnect of course .

Which T-case comes with the Sasq ?

I don't go much for all that software to help me drive better , Ill take my chances on my skill set . Maybe the wet road/icy conditions is of direct real time assistance
Sasquatch should come with the toughest hardware, by nature of Ford making the Sasquatch the king of the hill they’re going to expect it has to live up to that and put the best parts in it. (And by nature of keeping warranty claims down)

I agree the electronic off-road aids are a waste of time, anyone trying to substitute lack of skill for an electronic program is going to be sadly dissapointed or worse over confident and under prepared.

Sponsored

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sasquatch should come with the toughest hardware, by nature of Ford making the Sasquatch the king of the hill they’re going to expect it has to live up to that and put the best parts in it. (And by nature of keeping warranty claims down)

I agree the electronic off-road aids are a waste of time, anyone trying to substitute lack of skill for an electronic program is going to be sadly dissapointed or worse over confident and under prepared.

The Hydraulic Sway bar disconnect should be a part of the Sasquatch package 1

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, god damn it. Guess I got to go with the black diamond trim then. Anybody want to by some shitty factory steel bumpers???
I'll buy those wheels and tires if you're swapping them out

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Hydraulic Sway bar disconnect should be a part of the Sasquatch package 1
For the majority of people the sway bar disconnect would never be used, and if it’s needed then a 15MM socket wrench and a adjustable wrench should disconnect each sway bar in about 2 minutes manually.

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For the majority of people the sway bar disconnect would never be used, and if it’s needed then a 15MM socket wrench and a adjustable wrench should disconnect each sway bar in about 2 minutes manually.
I agree but if ordering and planning on using a SasQuatch then i think Ill also use the hyd sway bar disconnect

Sponsored

PR4X4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ and Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm starting to warm up to the Base model. At first I was all in on the Black Diamond. Kind of disappointed a rear locker isn't available as an option, but I've made it this far in life without one so do I really need it? Probably not but it would be nice. Assuming 33's will fit without modifications here's my current set up for the base, of course if all this cost more than the Black Diamond I probably just go that route from the get go.

Base, 2.3/manual, Antimatter Blue, HD modular front bumper, Aux switches, 33s (255x85x16 love the tall skinny tire look), steel rear bumper. This should be more than enough to meet my needs. Pipe dream would be to powder coat the wheels white with a white top.

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all - I can’t follow all the quotes and replies in here. I’m not very knowledgeable about cars and wheels/tires, but...what size tires would be fine aftermarket for the Base model (bigger than 30s) without any extra steps?

I would love a touch more clearance, but IMO for my uses, Sasquch isn’t worth the $$$. Plus I don’t want the M/Ts, I won’t utilize them and I will be doing some highway driving.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all - I can’t follow all the quotes and replies in here. I’m not very knowledgeable about cars and wheels/tires, but...what size tires would be fine aftermarket for the Base model (bigger than 30s) without any extra steps?

I would love a touch more clearance, but IMO for my uses, Sasquch isn’t worth the $$$. Plus I don’t want the M/Ts, I won’t utilize them and I will be doing some highway driving.
255 85 16, Same width as stock base, but 32.6" tall. Available in Cooper Discoverer ST. Will fit stock rims and (probably) allow tire chains.
copvl8-ang-l-jpg.jpg