First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On kind a related issue...I'm going manual + Sasquatch but going back and forth on whether to add the Advanced 4x4. Sasquatch gives me the 4.7 gearing so no plus there. The 4A might be useful on snowy/icy/ rain slick roads but Slippery GOAT mode and sensible driving might make those situations ok.
Opinion/experiences...is Advanced 4x4 worth the expected $1000 on a Sasquatch equipped Bronco?
The Advanced 4X4 is what allows your Bronco to get the 95 94.something) crawl ratio.
If you go with the normal 4X4 the crawl ratio will be lower (story don’t know it off the top of my head).
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Advanced 4X4 is what allows your Bronco to get the 95 94.something) crawl ratio.
If you go with the normal 4X4 the crawl ratio will be lower (story don’t know it off the top of my head).
Tale of the ratios, right here.

In a nut shell, you can buy a Mansquatch without the ATC, or a base 7M with the ATC, and wind up with nearly same effective crawl ratio.

ETA: 89.91 base w/7M + ATC
84.22 Mansquatch w/o ATC

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread bronco gears

Last edited:

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tale of the ratios, right here.

In a nut shell, you can buy a Mansquatch without the ATC, or a base 7M with the ATC, and wind up with nearly same effective crawl ratio.

ETA: 89.91 base w/7M + ATC
84.22 Mansquatch w/o ATC

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread bronco gears
Thanks..That's what has me considering putting the money toward other things like bumpers, winch, armor, seat covers.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed in the Reservation Stats thread, the 2 door makes up only 37% of the reservations on 6G and the base trim makes up only 9% of the reservations on 6G. For those of us reserving a 2 door base, assuming the stats from 6G reservations are somewhat indicative of the total real-world reservations stats, that puts us in the very small minority of reservations. I don't know if this has been asked yet, but might that work out in our favor as far as getting our Broncos delivered? Fewer reservations, quicker getting them built and out to people? Do we know if they'd likely prioritize building the lower trims (fewer reservations) or higher trims (more reservations) first? Or would it all just be speculation on top of speculation lol.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I noticed in the Reservation Stats thread, the 2 door makes up only 37% of the reservations on 6G and the base trim makes up only 9% of the reservations on 6G. For those of us reserving a 2 door base, assuming the stats from 6G reservations are somewhat indicative of the total real-world reservations stats, that puts us in the very small minority of reservations. I don't know if this has been asked yet, but might that work out in our favor as far as getting our Broncos delivered? Fewer reservations, quicker getting them built and out to people? Do we know if they'd likely prioritize building the lower trims (fewer reservations) or higher trims (more reservations) first? Or would it all just be speculation on top of speculation lol.
We could stretch logic any way we like, but this " Or would it all just be speculation on top of speculation lol. "

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alternatively, Ford will keep the poors waiting to fatten up the opening profit margins.

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Manual puts you into the environment vs watching a movie on a screen.
The book “Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance“ describes it like this (and I’m poorly paraphrasing): when you’re driving a car you’re looking at a picture, when you’re riding a motorcycle you’re IN the picture. I always felt that and rode year round for decades. And it’s how I feel about transmissions and why I’m going base/man or mansquatch.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The book “Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance“ describes it like this (and I’m poorly paraphrasing): when you’re driving a car you’re looking at a picture, when you’re riding a motorcycle you’re IN the picture. I always felt that and rode year round for decades. And it’s how I feel about transmissions and why I’m going base/man or mansquatch.
MT Pros:
it's cool
it's fun
no one will steal the damn thing
Wife can't drive a stick
does Ford know how to build an AT for rock crawling and other heavy off road use?
'murica

MT Cons:
does Ford know how to build an MT?
I live in the damn BAY AREA
It's MUCH easier to wheel an automatic
Wife can't drive a stick
Crawler gear ratios are overrated unless you have a damn buggy or Jeep that's probably not road legal anymore

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My original reservation was for a Wildtrak but after analyzing what I wanted I decided to go with a base Sasquatch. There is only one thing I’m having a hard time letting go of: the privacy glass on the clamshell. It annoys me that I can’t get it on the base.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My original reservation was for a Wildtrak but after analyzing what I wanted I decided to go with a base Sasquatch. There is only one thing I’m having a hard time letting go of: the privacy glass on the clamshell. It annoys me that I can’t get it on the base.
Same with me. I’m going to either tint the glass, trade tops with someone else for cash or out right by a new top. Also I’ll ride a soft top when available 9 months out of the year.

Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
MT Pros:
it's cool
it's fun
no one will steal the damn thing
Wife can't drive a stick
does Ford know how to build an AT for rock crawling and other heavy off road use?
'murica

MT Cons:
does Ford know how to build an MT?
I live in the damn BAY AREA

It's MUCH easier to wheel an automatic
Wife can't drive a stick
Crawler gear ratios are overrated unless you have a damn buggy or Jeep that's probably not road legal anymore
"When something comes easy, it means you're not having enough fun."
- Mahatma Ghandi, but also my partner

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do we know how long the delay is for a manual squatch? I’m not thinking I will be patient enough to wait if it’s 6 months later. Ugh

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do we know how long the delay is for a manual squatch? I’m not thinking I will be patient enough to wait if it’s 6 months later. Ugh
It’ll come down to supply. I’m thinking Sasquatch elements will be prioritized for automatic orders because it’s what they originally planned for and makes more money for Ford.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suspect that after B&D, and with most dealerships not offering X plan, we're going to see some buyers shifting from higher trims to the Base trim, and some Base trim people shifting from 4- to 2-door so they can afford the extras.

There's literally nothing on the higher trims that I want, and I don't remember the last time I opened three of my current car's four doors, so I'm very happy to be here in the 2-door Base Camp. But as far as production? Yeah, all speculation.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think many will change from 4-door to 2-door. People that need the 4 door aren't going to hassle with a 2-door if t doesn't work for them. Trim levels? Definitely.
Sponsored