Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What about a Base, with Sasquatch and a second set of wheels/tires that are more comfortable, maybe smaller with better MPG for DD?

If you buy from Discount Tire, they will just swap them out for you and can even keep them for you onsite (for an extra fee). I am planning on getting a second set. One for "Daily driver season" and one for "offloading season". I currently have Winter tires for my Mustang. I love having two sets of wheels because it changes the look of my vehicle without actually altering anything on the vehicle itself.

Also, if you think about it the incremental cost of getting a second set of wheels/tires, is just the wheels. The tires will wear out slower, so you should get ~2X time use out of them. You are just moving up the purchase of that second set of tires, that is all.
Yup, this is what I plan on doing, only I'm keeping the 35s for May/June through October/November and replacing them with Blizzaks or other smaller, skinnier snow tires for April/May through September/October (April is Colorado's biggest snowfall month).

If I get all five 35s rotated with every oil change and only use them half the year, they should all last a long time. There's a Discount Tire a couple miles from my house that I always go to for tires. Didn't realize they offered storage too - even better!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I'm still a Base buyer, I'd love to be the only guy with a total base, but it takes discipline I'm not sure I have. I have the feeling I'll be too tempted to get it squatched at the last minute. Its funny that the most stripped down base model may actually be the "rarest" (I know, rare doesn't mean good, but I really like the look, it looks more like the original to me).
I am with you. If I were to get the base manual:
1. I will get a second set of wheels/tires (see my post from a minute ago). The extra wheels/tires can be bigger (perhaps 32s, maybe 33s if they fit?) to change out the look whenever I want.
2. The roof rack, with a canoe strap which looks really cool, even though I don't own a canoe, so I would need to add another $1200-1500 to my budget for that.
3. The switches to future proof it and maybe have some electrical fun (lights, etc.) down the road.

Doing all of the above will still save me a couple of thousand v. a Sasquatch.

I think I would rather have this exact "vintage" setup in 6-8 months, than a Sasquatch for thousands more a year from now:

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.18.03 PM

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.17.32 PM

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.17.18 PM

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.17.08 PM

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keyless entry is an option on Base? Don’t you just get normal key fob unless you upgrade to Mid(which is not in base)?
It's listed as an option both on Ford's website and in the B&P configurator.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm jealous of y'all that can do 2DR. I just have different needs right now. Think I'm still on 4DR Base Squatch with Aux Switches and Floor Liners. Will aftermarket hitch and bumpers and rock sliders and lights. Will also probably get a second set of wheels and tires, thinking 255/85R17 as more of the winter DD setup. I just don't think 33's will fit under the Base without a lift and I'd rather have a factory warranty on that!! Just works out more economical this way!!

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm jealous of y'all that can do 2DR. I just have different needs right now. Think I'm still on 4DR Base Squatch with Aux Switches and Floor Liners. Will aftermarket hitch and bumpers and rock sliders and lights. Will also probably get a second set of wheels and tires, thinking 255/85R17 as more of the winter DD setup. I just don't think 33's will fit under the Base without a lift and I'd rather have a factory warranty on that!! Just works out more economical this way!!
I think 33s will fit, but I am not 100% sure. You do need to worry about offsets. Anyone else know?

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think 33s will fit, but I am not 100% sure. You do need to worry about offsets. Anyone else know?
I really think I'd be okay with 32's, but really want the better running gear even if I end up going smaller.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keyless entry is an option on Base? Don’t you just get normal key fob unless you upgrade to Mid(which is not in base)?
Yup. As I understand it, all Broncos have keyless entry on the FOB with push button start. My option I put there was for the thing where you type in a code to lock and unlock the door and just leave the keys inside. My wife and I go kayaking and hiking sometimes and that sounds great to me for $100. Or at the beach!

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If there was a manual transmission for the 4 door I think I would love to go with that and change/customize the truck as the years pass like I have done with my Jeep.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there was a manual transmission for the 4 door I think I would love to go with that and change/customize the truck as the years pass like I have done with my Jeep.
There is a manual option for the 4 door. However, you can't get it with the 2.7L, the Sasquatch, or the 4x4 on demand. I don't think the number of doors has anything to do with it, at least with the Big Bend.

Trackster

Base
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F350, Gt500, Boss302
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Ford, pay attention to the comments on paint colors. Seriously two colors of blue? Must be same guys that thought a Mustang could have four doors, hah. At least make all current colors available on the base model. Seriously need a tan and a green and maybe the original burnt orange.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's listed as an option both on Ford's website and in the B&P configurator.
Oh you mean the keypad? I was thinking intelligent access/proximity sensor.

Reactions: sjp

KYBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh you mean the keypad? I was thinking intelligent access/proximity sensor.
I’m wondering if it would be possible to add intelligent access to the base. It’s obviously got some part of the system (or something similar) for the push button start, it would be nice if we could just buy some new door handles to get the feature. That’s really the only thing I’d like to have from mid.
Sponsored