Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm leaning towards a base 2dr and 7sp manual. I've never owned a 4x4 before. Any idea how capable/incapable the base will be (obviously no hardcore offroad) without Sasquatch package?
Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Carpet should only be paired with the leather. Everything else should be rubber or vinyl floors. I hope carpet delete is an option for the base.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm leaning towards a base 2dr and 7sp manual. I've never owned a 4x4 before. Any idea how capable/incapable the base will be (obviously no hardcore offroad) without Sasquatch package?
Well, i can only tell you that my 69 Bronco, 2" lift , 33" tires and open (non-locked) differentials on both ends will make you stagger with some of the stuff it can get through with finesse, and practice.
I once spent half a morning at an offroad park unknowingly in 2wd, and we went through some pretty good stuff. My (Jeep owner) co-driver was STUNNED! over how well we had done up until that obstacle.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All this squatchy talk ......... I noticed it says high clearance suspension ???????? What is this ????

Ford needs to be a little clearer on this, maybe pics of the different suspension. Not just say high clearance. What is different from the suspension on a non squatch.
I thought I read somewhere that it comes with a lift. Maybe something like this...?
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Squatch lift

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All this squatchy talk ......... I noticed it says high clearance suspension ???????? What is this ????

Ford needs to be a little clearer on this, maybe pics of the different suspension. Not just say high clearance. What is different from the suspension on a non squatch.
I believe it's the upgraded version of the "HASS" suspension system. I could be wrong though ??‍♂

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thought the Base crowd would like this bit of info from @laj.tuxmek

By the way, there is a lot more coming in the future with regards to Bronco. You haven't even come close to seeing everything yet. Let's just say that the plan is to keep the Bronco buzz going strong for the next several years.

Also, my understanding is that a lot of things will be available as standalone options that can be purchased after the fact. The idea is that you could buy a base model if that's all you could afford, but slowly add additional parts to make it more capable.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Carpet should only be paired with the leather. Everything else should be rubber or vinyl floors. I hope carpet delete is an option for the base.
Since it sounds so upgradable, do you think Base owners will be able to add rubber floors and the drain holes later down the road from Ford? What about Marine seats?

Sponsored

knkut

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
knkut.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Sliverado Ext Cab LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going with 4DR Base in Shadow Black + Sasquatch
Soft Top
7SP Manual
Hoping to delete the carpet and add the vinyl floor option but we will see.

whomst

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thought the Base crowd would like this bit of info from @laj.tuxmek
That put my mind at ease, thanks for posting this here. I am always worried the things I want would be locked behind 4 different packages. I hope this is true.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Count me in. I just hope we can add ala cart options we want.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since it sounds so upgradable, do you think Base owners will be able to add rubber floors and the drain holes later down the road from Ford? What about Marine seats?
I'm not sure. My guess would be that you could order the kit from the dealership because the stamping for the plug will most likely be there. Either way, I'd probably still end up getting weather tech removable mats because I want the ability to get them in tan. The base is said to come with carpet and carpet floor mats (what a waste).

The seats are probably pretty easy as well, especially since they're basic manual seats with no heating or cooling. Just wait until a few Outer Banks models show up in the wrecking yard.