First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250, ā€˜21 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
šŸ¤” do we know if the dash speakers receive the same signal as the kick panels?
A single wire goes from the stereo to the left kickpanel and a wire to the right kickpanel. From the kickpanel, a secondary wire travels up to the dash speaker. If youā€™re going to use a four channel amp for the four front speakers , I think wiring directly to the kickpanels is the best approach.

Hereā€™s the wiring diagram for the six speaker bronco
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-6-speaker-wiring-diagram.20297/
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hearā€™s a sound comparison the left is factory, right is a focal rcx100. Get headphones for the best sound quality itā€™s not going to be what Iā€™m hearing but give you a idea. It was dark and I didnā€™t want to jam out and this song was on a sirius radio channel. Iā€™ll take it for a drive tomorrow Iā€™ll install the other and turn it up and decide if Iā€™m going to keep them or not. They are bright and sound good at low volume I think tomorrow after I turn them up Iā€™ll need to use the tone settings for sure.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A single wire goes from the stereo to the left kickpanel and a wire to the right kickpanel. From the kickpanel, a secondary wire travels up to the dash speaker. If youā€™re going to use a four channel amp for the four front speakers , I think wiring directly to the kickpanels is the best approach.

Hereā€™s the wiring diagram for the six speaker bronco
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-6-speaker-wiring-diagram.20297/
Seems like there are a couple of options. Either two channels to the kick panels and two channels to the rear, or use all four channels for the four fronts and let the stereo power the rears.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
The grill only has holes above the 4 inch speaker so offsetting a tweeter in that space might be an issue unless your going to mod the grill as well. Originally, I was thinking of a 3 inch mid and 1 inch tweeter in that space.
If the tweeter is not cut out on the grill for the base model, it must be for the B&O. I will have to see the grill if it can be drilled out above the tweeter to look clean? Ford will have B&O grills in the future. Will the 3" and tweeter fit together under the cutout? Do you have pics of the grill? I would like to see both sides of it.

airstreamin

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250, ā€˜21 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the tweeter is not cut out on the grill for the base model, it must be for the B&O. I will have to see the grill if it can be drilled out above the tweeter to look clean? Ford will have B&O grills in the future. Will the 3" and tweeter fit together under the cutout? Do you have pics of the grill? I would like to see both sides of it.
I do think the three and one inch would fit. Hereā€™s a pic of the grilI. didnā€™t take a pick of the backside since Iā€™ve already busted a tab on one of them. There are grill indents so I suppose you can drill them out.

BF3ED9DE-B729-48AC-8D54-422BE3C35EB6.jpeg

Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do think the three and one inch would fit. Hereā€™s a pic of the grilI. didnā€™t take a pick of the backside since Iā€™ve already busted a tab on one of them. There are grill indents so I suppose you can drill them out.

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build BF3ED9DE-B729-48AC-8D54-422BE3C35EB6
Thanks for the pic! Looks like it can be drilled out for the tweeter and look clean. A punch tool and new drill bit will do the trick. Punch through the holes from top then drill from bottom. Easy enough.

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone upgraded the speakers yet?! Iā€™m curious to know what works! I have a Wildtrak that Iā€™m looking to upgrade the sound system on.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hearā€™s a sound comparison the left is factory, right is a focal rcx100. Get headphones for the best sound quality itā€™s not going to be what Iā€™m hearing but give you a idea. It was dark and I didnā€™t want to jam out and this song was on a sirius radio channel. Iā€™ll take it for a drive tomorrow Iā€™ll install the other and turn it up and decide if Iā€™m going to keep them or not. They are bright and sound good at low volume I think tomorrow after I turn them up Iā€™ll need to use the tone settings for sure.
That's pretty impressive difference, even on my pc speakers. If it's better in person, then I'd say a job well done.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone upgraded the speakers yet?! Iā€™m curious to know what works! I have a Wildtrak that Iā€™m looking to upgrade the sound system on.
IMO you need to add an amplifier to make any meaningful difference in SQ, but others may disagree.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO you need to add an amplifier to make any meaningful difference in SQ, but others may disagree.
I'd say the dash speakers was immediately noticeable. Even my wife who would never notice that stuff asked if it had changed when she got in.

Everything else yeah amp or bust.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that speakers alone do not make a huge difference. I will report back after setting up my amp.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very subjective, but simply fading more towards the rear helps the base system. It creates more of a 360 degree soundstage and limits power to the front which allows you to turn the volume up louder with bass turned up.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very subjective, but simply fading more towards the rear helps the base system. It creates more of a 360 degree soundstage and limits power to the front which allows you to turn the volume up louder with bass turned up.
Can't say that made any difference at all in my experience... there is also a setting in the stereo sound settings to chose between driver and all seats for sound (I can't recall exactly what it was called in the settings)

frogier

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep ZJ Limited 5.9L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These only fit in the front. Just tried the rears and the middle thing sticks out too far. I made it work but not ideal.
Can I ask what you did to make them fit in the back?

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I ask what you did to make them fit in the back?
The cover doesn't close completely. One side isn't snapped shut. Recommend a different speaker for the rear.
Sponsored