North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Post #1 has been updated with additional information from @618TRVLWILD and @Pittguy.

We now have photos of three different sets of shocks:
  1. Badlands "HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers" (NOTE the distance between the reservoir and spring perch, it is closer than the FE/Sasquatch)
  2. Upgraded "HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers" that are standard on the WT, FE or Sasquatch package (NOTE the distance between the reservoir and spring perch, it is farther away than the Badlands)
  3. Standard "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System" are on the B, BB, BD and OB.
(PLEASE SEE POST #1 FOR PHOTOS FOR THESE THREE TYPES OF SHOCKS)
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post #1 has been updated with additional information from @618TRVLWILD and @Pittguy.

1. Badlands "HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers" (NOTE the distance between the reservoir and spring perch, it is closer than the FE/Sasquatch)
  2. Upgraded "HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers" that are standard on the WT, FE or Sasquatch package (NOTE the distance between the reservoir and spring perch, it is farther away than the Badlands)
  3. Standard "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System" are on the B, BB, BD and OB.
I want to see part numbers for the different reservoir version. I don't see why they would be different in this way. If anything, the standard BL would have to reservoir on the bottom side to give more room for a lower spring mount....

...does that make sense?

I'm wondering if BL and Sas will actually be different, or if what we are seeing is just differences in pre-production parts.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The spring rates for the BL may be different, but only if the “Badlands Sas” is sprung differently for the BL. I’m now curious to see the different Sas setups...

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I want to see part numbers for the different reservoir version. I don't see why they would be different in this way. If anything, the standard BL would have to reservoir on the bottom side to give more room for a lower spring mount....

...does that make sense?

I'm wondering if BL and Sas will actually be different, or if what we are seeing is just differences in pre-production parts.
Great questions, all we can say right now are the photos we have to day, post #1 have been updated with all photos. Here is a side by side view that shows the difference in the GAP spacing between the Badlands and the WT, FE & Sasquatch.

Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences 1617904086488

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FYI, Bilstein 5100 are what are used for the F150 leveling kits.

Sponsored

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

(PLEASE SEE POST #1 FOR PHOTOS FOR THESE THREE TYPES OF SHOCKS)
curious, is 'HOSS' Bilstein's branding or Ford's for these shocks?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guarantee its fords. As a whole, the bronco has the HOSS system as the suspension.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They look like they are mounted in the same location but the reservoir is just inverted. These remind me a lot of the 5150's they use to make & were a great shock although the internals are different.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reservoir appears flipped on the one set vs the other. Reservoir "appears" to be the same volume and unit. However for could still be testing tunes out for the size, pressure, and IFP inside the reservoir.....

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reservoir appears flipped on the one set vs the other. Reservoir "appears" to be the same volume and unit. However for could still be testing tunes out for the size, pressure, and IFP inside the reservoir.....
Yep

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, they are Ford's Marketing words:

Standard: "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System"
Upgraded: "HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers"

Or, as I prefer: "HOSS (Highly Optimized Sales Saying)

Howdy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if you cut a cross section out of those Bilsteins, you'll find a Fetzer valve, ball bearings, gauze pads, 3-in-1 oil, and 'bout 10 quarts of Prestone anti-freeze........no; make that Quaker State.!?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is this good?

Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences 1617909573201
Yes, the hope is now that we can start getting real photos and real part numbers so we can finally run to ground the height differences between all the trims. There have been thousands of posts in dozens of threads trying to determine this with estimates ranging from .4 inches to 2.5 inches between various models. Ford will not give us a straight answer so the only way we can make a final determination is to look at real hardware.

This effort may not be finalized until we see the final sales units as the pre-production demo models may still have some early development parts on them. Who knows where we end up, is Bilstien the final product, all the documents say it is, but one KOH video alluded to the possibility that Bilstein may not be the final product, that does not seem likely, but as we have all learned, anything is possible in this launch.
Sponsored