Sponsored

BRONCO 2.7 Stalled and left me Stranded!!!!

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure people could tell tons of stories about weird places they’ve made repairs. I had to do a battery swap in the parking lot of the USS Arizona memorial back in like 1997. 😂
I had the shifter cable pop off the transmission in my 93 Bronco at the Taco Bell drive-thru window in college so I was stuck in park. Not only did I get to crawl around on hot asphalt soaked in soybeef grease but my e-brake didn't work so I had to borrow rocks from their landscaping to chock the tires so I didn't run myself over while manually shifting into drive underneath. I'm sure all the cars behind me were annoyed but also enjoyed the entertainment. I believe the modern term for this is FML.

Yeah, we need to figure out what the easy fix can be, because this is going to happen to most of us that trail these rigs.
Is it? This is not a widespread issue from what I've seen and folks have been wheeling these things hard for almost a year now. This could be something as simple as the connector at the fuel tank didn't get seated all the way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, I tried that and nothing. It said the
Did you by chance try to start it remotely with the app?
[/QUO
I had the shifter cable pop off the transmission in my 93 Bronco at the Taco Bell drive-thru window in college so I was stuck in park. Not only did I get to crawl around on hot asphalt soaked in soybeef grease but my e-brake didn't work so I had to borrow rocks from their landscaping to chock the tires so I didn't run myself over while manually shifting into drive underneath. I'm sure all the cars behind me were annoyed but also enjoyed the entertainment. I believe the modern term for this is FML.

Is it? This is not a widespread issue from what I've seen and folks have been wheeling these things hard for almost a year now. This could be something as simple as the connector at the fuel tank didn't get seated all the way.
Well after it happend to me, I have checked all around… these forums, BroncoNation and Facebook and its happening more often than I thought. I think we have a fuel pump issue. Just a heads up for Everyone when they out there, especially us that have kids. Something to have in the back of our minds before heading out deep anywhere.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And the dealer may just say, we can’t replicate it. Let us know if it happens

One from their "Excuses For When We Don't Know What is Wrong With Your Vehicle" book.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like what happened to the Broncbuster guy when he flipped his wife’s Bronco

he said ford performance was looking at her’s to figure out what happened

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think he's being dramatic at all. just stating what happened. I do most of my wheeling solo in places there are few people and no cell service. I have to trust my vehicle. If I don't, I have no reason to own it. If it strands me, there better be a clear reason why and the 100% satisfaction that it was fixed.

Now, if you're cruising the mall or the more frequented tourist trails, then by all means embrace a vehicle that is not reliable. Rides and tows are a dime a dozen.
PSA, no matter how reliable your vehicle is, it is not recommended that you wheel alone.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello Bronco family, today I took my 22 Wildtrak to some nearby trails and it was doing great until it stalled on an incline and wouldnt start over any more!! It was asking for a “Manual Start”? I couldnt find any where on how to do that. Its an Automatic. I am very disappointed that this happen, I have lost trust in my Bronco to take out again. Smh! What can I do about this? Has anybody had this happen?
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this stalling concern. Thank you!

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this stalling concern. Thank you!
Sent! Thank You

Sponsored

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello Bronco family, today I took my 22 Wildtrak to some nearby trails and it was doing great until it stalled on an incline and wouldnt start over any more!! It was asking for a “Manual Start”? I couldnt find any where on how to do that. Its an Automatic. I am very disappointed that this happen, I have lost trust in my Bronco to take out again. Smh! What can I do about this? Has anybody had this happen?
Hey coincidentally when the wife and I recently took our new Defender off-roading in Big Bend, we saw a broken down Bronco....but was due to a broken tie rod. Sorry this happened to you man, but glad to see it looks like Ford is taking care of it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey coincidentally when the wife and I recently took our new Defender off-roading in Big Bend, we saw a broken down Bronco....but was due to a broken tie rod. Sorry this happened to you man, but glad to see it looks like Ford is taking care of it.
Yikes, I’ve been to big bend several times and haven’t come across many obstacles I would expect possible to break a tie rod.

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yikes, I’ve been to big bend several times and haven’t come across many obstacles I would expect possible to break a tie rod.
Right?? But a few years back a Unimog did roll on Old Ore Road, so I guess anything's possible....