Sponsored

Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The original and highly lauded Jeep Cherokee (XJ) is a car, isn't Discovery as well? Honestly the Blazer is a nice SUV even if not a truck.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t understand how it is even possible that some executive at Chevy (with the authority to make these kinds of decisions) cannot see the huge success of the Bronco (and the Wrangler, for that matter) and not put it together that bringing back the K5 “just maybe” might be a money making idea.

Really??? I gotta spell this out for you?

Just my opinion but I’m sensing Chevy has sold their soul to the EV Gods and are now just too blind or too stubborn to see the demand for this.
The Jeep Wrangler market is very tight and GM has never been successful in that market. Why would they launch another truck into a highly competitive and polarized market that with high risk and low return when they can generate revenue with another proven chasis in the crossover market?

Remember GM has never competed in the Wrangler market. Ford did and Landrover does, but GM competed in the fullsize SUV market, and failed (with the K5 Blazer)

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Jeep Wrangler market is very tight and GM has never been successful in that market. Why would they launch another truck into a highly competitive and polarized market that with high risk and low return when they can generate revenue with another proven chasis in the crossover market?
I’m not a GM exec, but if I were I would tell you, “ the success of the Bronco re-launch has demonstrated that the risk is not as high as I once thought it was” (which was kinda the whole point of my comment)

As for low return, that‘s subjective so I’m not able to address it either as a pretend GM exec or an average slob who knows nothing about running a car manufacturing business. I can only assume that the Ford execs thinks the return is pretty decent or we wouldn’t be here today.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In parking lots I watch for one of these abominations next to a Jeep. I want a picture of them plus my Bronco (all three). to rub it in to all my Chevy loving family members…. 😂

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Cadillac kept making cars like the 1984 Cimmaron, they would have gone out of business and rightly so. If you have a brand or a model that you embarass by not doing it justice, it needs to go away. The Blazer nameplate needs to be changed or they need to rehabilitate it like Ford did with the Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronco_43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 91 Beretta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One guy on insta did a beautiful art render of what the Chevy Blazer should have looked like. It's too bad that someone at Chevy signed off on basically 4-5 identical Crossovers, and 3 identical large SUVs for their entire lineup.

SmokeSaves

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Chevy, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just don’t understand what Chevy was thinking with the Blazer. Why keep the name Blazer while morphing it into a purely on-road vehicle?

I’m biased but I think Ford won this round.
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1673569545520

Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1673569545520
I couldn't agree more!! And this coming from a Chevy guy who's buying his very first Ford!!

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just don’t understand what Chevy was thinking with the Blazer. Why keep the name Blazer while morphing it into a purely on-road vehicle?

I’m biased but I think Ford won this round.

Like Dodge putting four doors on a Charger, making a small hatchback Charger in the ‘80’s. and GM/Pontiac making an Australian-built, front wheel drive GTO. Ignorant.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs