Sponsored

CoPilot 360 - How is it working for you?

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, how is the Ford CoPilot 360 working for you?

Any issues?
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issues so far. Works as expected.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford lumps a lot under that name, but it generally works well. Lane keep works fine if out in the most aggressive mode; adaptive cruise is great, having lot's of distance settings is a big plus; auto high beams are better than on my other vehicles, they always come on as soon as someone passes or turns off; blind spot system works well; not sure about the emergency braking, haven't needed that yet.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I turned off the lane keep assist as it's kind of annoying and I'm fully capable of keeping my vehicle in the lines.

I really like the advanced cruise, aside from highways with cross traffic. Several times the pre-collision "assist" has activated and slammed on my brakes as it detected a car waiting to cross.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I turned off the lane keep assist as it's kind of annoying and I'm fully capable of keeping my vehicle in the lines.

I really like the advanced cruise, aside from highways with cross traffic. Several times the pre-collision "assist" has activated and slammed on my breaks as it detected a car waiting to cross.
I had that issue in one of my past vehicles.

Sponsored

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had that issue in one of my past vehicles.
It was a tad scary the first time it happened. Just a WTF is going on moment. Luckily no one was behind me and I tapped the brake and it all shut off. Second time, at least I knew was was going on.

Kinda the same thing with the auto brights. Great later at night with not a lot of traffic, but sometimes it doesn't sense cross traffic until you're too close and look like an A-hole. Also if you're following someone and it's hilly .... on-off-on-off. I know you can turn them off completely in the config, but they should have made it easier to manually disable while driving with a button, not having to turn the brights on and off twice.

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was a tad scary the first time it happened. Just a WTF is going on moment. Luckily no one was behind me and I tapped the brake and it all shut off. Second time, at least I knew was was going on.

Kinda the same thing with the auto brights. Great later at night with not a lot of traffic, but sometimes it doesn't sense cross traffic until you're too close and look like an A-hole. Also if you're following someone and it's hilly .... on-off-on-off. I know you can turn them off completely in the config, but they should have made it easier to manually disable while driving with a button, not having to turn the brights on and off twice.
On mine if you push the lever away you get high beam and push away again disables auto

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Adaptive cruise is nice, but needs more distance. The farthest setting is still in the rock chip/sand blast danger zone. I need more distance on our 'sanded with crushed rock' AK roads. It also should have had stop and go.

Neither ACC nor regular cruise will work with advancetrac turned off, which is irritating as hell because I despise traction control.

Lane keep assist is pointless unless you do a lot of texting and driving. It's 2022, the Bronco needs lane centering.

Auto high beams are honestly trash and I'm not sure how anyone can say they aren't. I had to turn them off, they kept flashing oncoming traffic for no damn reason. They aren't sensitive enough to things like other cars and are too sensitive to things like street lights, road signs, and buildings with lights on. Similar issue when following another car. A couple days ago the Bronco flashed the school bus in front of me at least 4 times in a 1 mile stretch of arrow straight road.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adaptive cruise is nice, but needs more distance. The farthest setting is still in the rock chip/sand blast danger zone. I need more distance on our 'sanded with crushed rock' AK roads. It also should have had stop and go.

Neither ACC nor regular cruise will work with advancetrac turned off, which is irritating as hell because I despise traction control.

Lane keep assist is pointless unless you do a lot of texting and driving. It's 2022, the Bronco needs lane centering.

Auto high beams are honestly trash and I'm not sure how anyone can say they aren't. I had to turn them off, they kept flashing oncoming traffic for no damn reason. They aren't sensitive enough to things like other cars and are too sensitive to things like street lights, road signs, and buildings with lights on.
I agree with ā€œIt's 2022, the Bronco needs lane centeringā€

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford lumps a lot under that name, but it generally works well. Lane keep works fine if out in the most aggressive mode; adaptive cruise is great, having lot's of distance settings is a big plus; auto high beams are better than on my other vehicles, they always come on as soon as someone passes or turns off; blind spot system works well; not sure about the emergency braking, haven't needed that yet.
Is the lane assist just a tone or does it ā€˜bumpā€™ you back into the lane? My Audi damn near strong arms you. So German. You will go the way you are toldā€¦

Sponsored

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On mine if you push the lever away you get high beam and push away again disables auto
Yes, that sounds right. I forgot the sequence. Mine turn back on though if you turn your high beams on a second time manually. (pretty sure, I will test again tonight) So you're kinda stuck in a loop.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the lane assist just a tone or does it ā€˜bumpā€™ you back into the lane? My Audi damn near strong arms you. So German. You will go the way you are toldā€¦
It has both. You can set notify and assist. There are also settings for how aggressive the assist is.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Auto high beams are honestly trash and I'm not sure how anyone can say they aren't. I had to turn them off, they kept flashing oncoming traffic for no damn reason. They aren't sensitive enough to things like other cars and are too sensitive to things like street lights, road signs, and buildings with lights on. Similar issue when following another car. A couple days ago the Bronco flashed the school bus in front of me at least 4 times in a 1 mile stretch of arrow straight road.
I agree on the lane keep assist, especially being that it also has Android Auto or just Bluetooth connections. Any texts come up right on the screen and can even be read to you. I can't imagine being so distracted that you need your car to keep you straight.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has both. You can set notify and assist. There are also settings for how aggressive the assist is.
Thanks. My currnt car must be set to ā€˜arm wrestlerā€™

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing useful to me is BLIS. The rest will be turned off. My girlfriends Fusion has lane keeping assist, auto high beams and pre collision alert and they are all annoying. I would say auto high beams are the most annoying.
Sponsored