Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would more interested in seeing pics from the fronts
Sorry I didn’t snag those! I did this for a video review and only snagged some quick pics last minute for here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love seeing the brains in this thread! Truely.
RCLT makes an excellent kit for the Toyota world that id love to see for Broncos. With how our stock coilovers are mounted though we really an entire redesign of front and back. Raptor has it right as it should have been from the beginning. Just see how it dwarfed our heavily modified Broncos in stock form. WC is definitely on the right track but hasn’t begun to touch the mounting points or rear yet.
Fun Haver and APG seem to be the only ones so far.
For those curious, Rock Krawler has informed me they have the goal to be the go to Bronco peeps and are currently doing an entire suspension redesign coming toward the end of the year. Including a rear axle.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love seeing the brains in this thread! Truely.
RCLT makes an excellent kit for the Toyota world that id love to see for Broncos. With how our stock coilovers are mounted though we really an entire redesign of front and back. Raptor has it right as it should have been from the beginning. Just see how it dwarfed our heavily modified Broncos in stock form. WC is definitely on the right track but hasn’t begun to touch the mounting points or rear yet.
Fun Haver and APG seem to be the only ones so far.
For those curious, Rock Krawler has informed me they have the goal to be the go to Bronco peeps and are currently doing an entire suspension redesign coming toward the end of the year. Including a rear axle.
If you really want perspective too… the average Bronco you see in this thread has over 7k into suspension and tires… all for approx an 1” of extra droop and better ride on go fast terrain… pretty poor money to flex ratio lol

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you really want perspective too… the average Bronco you see in this thread has over 7k into suspension and tires… all for approx an 1” of extra droop and better ride on go fast terrain… pretty poor money to flex ratio lol
This why I have 5100s and think 6100 shocks are some of the best value on the market.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet, looks like you guys are getting better front tire stuff. I need to run my Bronco again without a front sway bar.

@SS Bronco 4wp coilovers are pretty impressive with 560 but he is slightly modified.
560 is as much as I can get , without modifications to the fuel tank and mounting arm locations.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Such low numbers... My 4dr JKU went 780 with a very simple Teraflex and Mopar frankenlift.

Just expect to wheel with a tire in the air all the time with a Bronco. It is what it is.
It’s nowhere near that bad. I do 7-8s constantly on 37s with the Icon Stage 6. I think I’ve lifted a tire once in my last dozen runs, but I’m a conservative driver and choose my own lines typically.

I also use custom 3D printed bump stops to really dial in the upward movement of the suspension to maximize my flex without crushing body panels.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

560 is as much as I can get , without modifications to the fuel tank and mounting arm locations.
I’ve become convinced that the 4wP coilovers are the best bang for the Buck currently. Would love to hear what you’ve done

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never encountered an RTI ramp on a trail, so I’ve never really worried about them, didn’t even bother putting my Tundra on one. From what I’ve experienced, articulation has never really held anyone back, especially if they had lockers. Now with open diffs having a wheel in the air can be a bummer, but an extra inch of articulation likely isn’t going to make that situation any better at that point.

I suppose people like to use them to measure improvements in articulation after modification.

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your over 560 as you flex more than Shayne lol
Lol would’ve been bet to see if I beat the raptor. I’m starting to wonder now if just relocating the rear shock is what allowed Shayne to get what he did or not and if this rigs where mostly stock suspension with after market coilovers or had full kits.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol would’ve been bet to see if I beat the raptor. I’m starting to wonder now if just relocating the rear shock is what allowed Shayne to get what he did or not and if this rigs where mostly stock suspension with after market coilovers or had full kits.
Rear axle relocation helps, allows less preload for a higher ride height. Rear links aren't even close to being a limiting factor so I doubt a full kit makes any difference at this point.

Ford Bronco CTI score flex comparison between Sasquatch, Raptor, Icon, Radflo, King suspension 1686327381311

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good question! Icon was stage 7 with all the bells and whistles. Radflo had a Camburg UCA and stock rear control arms. King had Icon tubular UCA and rear Metalcloak full control arm set with trackbar and relocation bracket.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rear axle relocation helps, allows less preload for a higher ride height. Rear links aren't even close to being a limiting factor so I doubt a full kit makes any difference at this point.

Ford Bronco CTI score flex comparison between Sasquatch, Raptor, Icon, Radflo, King suspension 1686327381311
Truth. Rear control arms are only needed for less bind if you’re getting tons of flex (havnt seen a need with basic suspension swap). Also good for bling. Best use I’ve seen is getting your alignment back to spec. Otherwise doesn’t help at all with flex that I’ve seen. Case in point that Radflo with stock rears beat King with full upgrade

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats a stock Rubicon score? Or a stock Rubicon w/xtreme recon pkg? Just curious.

Edit: Just saw on the metalcloak page 540 for a stock JK Unlimited

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Relocating the rear mount and having the coilovers set to zero lift in the rear helped a lot. My springs are also broke in , have had them on for over a year. Most of the tested are newer builds.
E6FE98C0-5FEF-4654-A2CD-D553550E035A.jpeg
2FF4DD4E-6A96-47C1-8BD1-CF3043B6228D.jpeg

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Relocating the rear mount and having the coilovers set to zero lift in the rear helped a lot. My springs are also broke in well, have had them on for over a year. Most of the tested are newer builds.
Ford Bronco CTI score flex comparison between Sasquatch, Raptor, Icon, Radflo, King suspension 2FF4DD4E-6A96-47C1-8BD1-CF3043B6228D
All of the tested have several months on at least. My Kings and the Radflos have over 3k miles on them and have been broken in with jumps and rocks. Radflos just got back from Mojave and the Kings from Moab. The Raptor has a few thousand in it and had just gotten back from some jumps earlier in the day and routinely mobs it at the local park. The newest there was the icon I believe but even it had at least 1500 on the coils with a few off-road trips under its belt. Not super broken in but far from new
Sponsored