Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the truck, buy the Bronco. That's what we're doing - instead of upgrading my wife's tundra right now ('13 with 175k miles), we're getting a bronco and keeping the tundra.
Same plan here roughy.
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I f any of you southerners and lower westerns want to make a little side money then round up a car hauler full of rust free, older trucks and head north. Park it in an old K Mart lot in NE Ohio and sell them like the U Hauls full of rugs. I can't find a "beater" that isn't rusted out. Us Ohioans probably have a completely different idea of what a beater is. If it isn't rusted then it aint a beater.
If there isnt rust, it wasnt used haha

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Taco for 8 years? Tundra now for 10.....so I'm pulling the rear seats from the 4 door so they'll fold flat, securing a box for stuff I want to keep....I'll have a 6' bed...and for hunting, I'll grab a hitch basket just to get the deer to processing.
Ford Bronco Current truck owners. 20190921_134932
yes that what i did on my tundra removed back seat and it was the best mod ever.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny I’ve been looking at trucks (mostly Tundras) all day dealing with the same issue. I’ve had a truck for 10 years and being without seems crazy.
This is exactly how I feel I have always had a truck. From my first vehicle to my current one.
But I am thinking the trailer I posted earlier in the thread will work. Don't go a tundra though... Over priced and underwhelming.

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are really different vehicles- especially if you are needing to tow anything or squeeze in a couple passengers and a bunch of gear at same time. If you can swing both (thankfully right now I can) that is the easy answer. If I could only have one, I would cry (yes, as a grown man) but probably go with just having my truck.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it lousy dragging it everywhere so that only lasted a couple of years. Plus back then I was living back east in MA and had to deal with snow at the time. To be fair the "work truck" was always a loaded XLT to Lariat so it wasn't so bad driving them.

I wish I could use a cap but I needed a ladder rack and it wasn't possible, I had a Track Rack. That's why the more I thought about it it made more sense to keep my Ranger and downgrade from a BL to a Base SAS for now. Then when I retire in about 4 years maybe get a loaded BL then.
I majorly misspoke when I wrote "work truck". Absolutely my fault for the confusion.
I intended to say something to the effect of:
"comparing dragging a trailer every day for work; to a daily SUV driver who MIGHT . . . MIGHT have to hook up once or twice a month.... is a HUGE leap in logic."

I'd hate for people to get the wrong impression about towing a small-ish trailer for rare to occasional use.
For both personal and professional use, I have found great "utility" in those low slung, rear ramped utility trailers... MUCH more user friendly than having a truck bed, which is usually too small or too high or both at the same time.

LOL, everyones mileage WILL vary.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a 5x8 utility trailer this summer in preparation for loosing my F150. Not a perfect replacement, but gets the motorcycles moved, the tractor to the cabin and the Lowe’s stuff to the house. I would like an older regular cab pickup, but the prices are stupid right now on anything I would be interested in, plus, just so much stuff in the driveway right now ?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that it will be 9+ months until we get the Bronco, I may end up just keeping my truck as a farm truck instead of trying to sell it. I will probably have 200k miles by then. I really love my truck, so it's hard to imagine not having it!

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm looking at the flat roof racks for hauling project stuff. Should be enough to haul a 2x4 or two.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im keeping the truck. No way I could do the things I need a truck for with a small SUV.

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2door JL and an F150. So far my plan is to trade the F150 for a Bronco 2door. My brother is threatening to try and get power of attorney over me.

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yup I’ve been driving a truck for 17 years worried I’m going to miss it for home projects. Had my heart set on a new Silverado then the pandemic hit and had to hold off due to a work furlough . First gen bronco is one of my all time favs so when I heard bronco was coming back I reserved one. Hope I don’t miss the truck bed.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totaled my F-150 a couple years back when I hydroplaned on my way to work at 5 am. I have missed having a truck since then especially during hunting season. My plan is to buy a Bronco and then buy my wife a Ranger Tremor for my wife (she is a Colorado farm girl and likes trucks) then borrow the truck when I go elk hunting. :)

Edit: Kudos to Ford! Me and my co-worker walked away without a scratch. Things are replaceable.