Sponsored

Dealer in Las Vegas Friendly Ford just cancelled my reservation without my notice

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I eat lunch with a bunch of boomers. It's funny to watch them get upset if they have to wait 5 minutes for a cup of coffee or if the soup they like isn't available.

They sure can get cranky when "none of these kids work anymore".

This guy probably still gets pissed when the gas station attendant doesn't come out to top off his coolant and check the oil.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whatā€™s strange is why he wasnā€™t at that dealership every day until his order was placed. Iā€™m pretty dang sure my Dad would have been and there is no chance in hell he would have tried ordering in an email.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

what you need to remember is Friendly Ford dealer GREED. Plain and simple. Dealer is selling Broncos $20,000 over msrp. Ford will soon be selling all Electric vehicles ONLINE. Why too much dealer GREED. IMO it canā€™t happen soon enough. Friendly Ford is greedy they found my reservation had some sucker to pay way over list and used my reservation. Sales 101, basic principle you start an order you contact the customer if thereā€™s a question on the order. No communication. Why ?? because Dealer can sell it to make more profit. Ford motor company is hip to all this. So next step FORD EV will sell online like Tesla. This is prime example of dealer greed. Wake up. Read the reservation NO ONE CAN CANCEL A RESERVATION BUT THE INDIVIDUAL LAYING $100 on the account. In this case the dealer cancelled the reservation without consent.
I couldn't bring myself to read the next four pages after this post, so maybe this has already been covered:
-You seem to continually mix up reservations and orders, even after the difference has been pointed out to you. I can't believe that it's by accident or misunderstanding at this point.
-You are now claiming that your reservation was canceled yet at the same time the dealership is using it to order a Bronco and sell it at a large ADM. These two things are mutually exclusive.
-You seem to have a vendetta against the dealership and salesperson.

This to me sounds like a load of hooey, a waste of our time, and quite possibly afoul of this community's standards of conduct. I expect @Administrator to deal with this when they have the chance, if/as appropriate.

OP
OP
1guzeman

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Team is northwest off Ann and 95. Ford Country is in Henderson by the Auto Mall and I didnā€™t love my experience there when I got my 08 Focus. If they resolve this and if you can transfer your reservation, I had 2 great experiences with a salesman, Rich Spah, at Team. No salesman BS with him. Straight shooter and a good guy. I hope they at least salvage your reservation at Friendly at the very least. Iā€™d be shitting bricks if I saw that. Keep us posted!
I bought a Toyota Marioā€¦appreciate it Br
I eat lunch with a bunch of boomers. It's funny to watch them get upset if they have to wait 5 minutes for a cup of coffee or if the soup they like isn't available.

They sure can get cranky when "none of these kids work anymore".

This guy probably still gets pissed when the gas station attendant doesn't come out to top off his coolant and check the oil.
hey get a life dude

OP
OP
1guzeman

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I couldn't bring myself to read the next four pages after this post, so maybe this has already been covered:
-You seem to continually mix up reservations and orders, even after the difference has been pointed out to you. I can't believe that it's by accident or misunderstanding at this point.
-You are now claiming that your reservation was canceled yet at the same time the dealership is using it to order a Bronco and sell it at a large ADM. These two things are mutually exclusive.
-You seem to have a vendetta against the dealership and salesperson.

This to me sounds like a load of hooey, a waste of our time, and quite possibly afoul of this community's standards of conduct. I expect @Administrator to deal with this when they have the chance, if/as appropriate.
Donā€™t let nothing but fear hold you back

Sponsored

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Need HELP. My July 2020 reservation #10223723 thru Friendly Ford Las Vega, NV was cancelled without my notice apparently by the dealer. I just received an email from Friendly Ford and minutes later another email from Ford asking about reasons for cancellation however. I never cancelled the order. Any information helpful.
Probably did you a favor. The reservation obviously didnā€™t help deliver you a bronco. Order one with another dealer and probably get it in 6 months.

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The beehive groupthink is thick in this thread.

I have an unconverted reservation still because Iā€™m waiting on the painted modular top, and I certainly donā€™t expect Ford to cancel that reservation. Ford even mentions this in the most recent update.

So, no, it is not likely that Ford is just cancelling reservations that werenā€™t converted yet.

964B0359-A315-4B8C-B499-895F65E5E313.jpeg

Ford did warn they would stop taking orders March 7 or 8 of this year to stop the building of the log jam.

My guess is since your reservation was never converted, it was auto dropped from the system.
Sounds like because you never actually ordered, you were automatically dropped because of the March 2022 ordering deadline.
What good is a reservation without an order at this point? You never ordered and had plenty of time.
Again, a reservation now means nothing. Make a new order and get your Bronco in the same timeframe and price as you would have if you converted your reservation.
Iā€™m thinking that Ford probably cleaned up all of the reservations that never had any subsequent action on them. OP had the opportunity to order in the first two model years and just let the reservation sit. It might have been considerate for Ford or the dealer to have given a last notice on that chance. But it seems to have passed.
Your reservation was for a 2021 Bronco which you didn't order. You could have used that for a 2022 Bronco, which you didn't order. What exactly have you lost?
How long do you think a dealer should hold a reservation that was expressly for a 2021MY ordering slot
t seems like the OP has a computer literacy problem
You had a reservation fine, when did you actually place order? When did you roll over for MY22? If both of those weren't done it wouldn't surprise me that it is cancelled since they closed the order bank as simple clean-up and close out those reservations never converted.
Why would they give him his reservation back? Eventually you get refunded the $100 if you never place an order. Itā€™s been 20 months. He wasnā€™t ordering anything.

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The beehive groupthink is thick in this thread.

I have an unconverted reservation still because Iā€™m waiting on the painted modular top, and I certainly donā€™t expect Ford to cancel that reservation. Ford even mentions this in the most recent update.

So, no, it is not likely that Ford is just cancelling reservations that werenā€™t converted yet.

Ford Bronco Dealer in Las Vegas Friendly Ford just cancelled my reservation without my notice 964B0359-A315-4B8C-B499-895F65E5E313
You have a fundamentally different build, so you're comparing apples to oranges. The OP said nothing about having placed a reservation for a vehicle with a feature that would only become available in 2023, thus precluding Ford from cancelling.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

who TF sits on a reservation for 2 years and never makes an actual order...WTF

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You have a fundamentally different build, so you're comparing apples to oranges. The OP said nothing about having placed a reservation for a vehicle with a feature that would only become available in 2023, thus precluding Ford from cancelling.
What mechanism do you imagine for conveying this desire to Ford? It would be the first Iā€™ve heard of it.

Ford says plainly right there in the FAQ that I posted, that you simply do nothing and the unconverted reservation carries over to the next model year.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Canā€™t answer that dudeā€¦ ford says dealer canā€™t cancel an order but my account with Ford is gone???? So is my reservation #ā€¦.. hey I really depended on my ā€œrepā€ā€¦.. heā€™s weak I bought a Toyota
You bought a Toyota, and your Bronco reservation is not an order and is cancelled....sounds like you resolved this yourself and the thread should be locked. /facepalm

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You bought a Toyota, and your Bronco reservation is not an order and is cancelled....sounds like you resolved this yourself and the thread should be locked. /facepalm
agreed this thread should be locked

OP
OP
1guzeman

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Submarine nuke be the fat lady on this onešŸ˜

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)