Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers need conversions to bump their actual allocations. Pressure is on. We actually hold the cards, now. Anxious to see if my dealer is going to play fair or not. I've heard they're unwilling to talk about their reservations or allocations or where you are in line! I won't play with that.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp. I was waiting for my dealer to reply to a pricing question before I switched, but this has me spooked enough to go ahead and change before anything bad happens.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you should check with them first - my understanding from our dealer here in NY was they were doing this to get some of the heavy lifting out of the way and then sit down with the reservation holder to finalize configuration.
Heavy lifting. No. Some dealers think they own the reservation.

This is either extreme incompetence or outright crookedness.

Ford needs to fix this crap ASAP. On top of all the screw-ups they have made, this takes the cake to let dealers steal the reservation. Especially since you couldn't even select the dealership you wanted in the beginning, and in many areas dealers have been unwilling to talk price or terms - many still aren't.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lock the customer in, get the percentage of pre 9/19 allocations up higher, I can see why a dealer would. What happens if this OP wanted a model or the number of doors changed and it was locked? Talk about removing any leverage on price from the customer.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And so did our dealer...he let me know and I updated our group - that's why I knew to give the OP a heads up...maybe just something lost in translation with where he is reserved.
You might want to get a grip on your boy before he goes off the rails.

Sponsored

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm feeling better about not hearing anything from my dealer yet. It beats getting bent over like what is happening here.

No wonder people hate car salesmen and dealerships :mad:

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its an order. Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. I think they was trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.
Why would you wait until now to even think about changing dealer. You were a first hour reservation holder but still weren’t sure about which dealer to use? How could they have kept your order?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wowwwwwwww. I’d be super pissed. Even if you didn’t plan to switch that is super F’ed up and unprofessional. I personally would throw a fit and ask to speak to the head manager and tell him how unprofessional that is. Point in doing this is, you have leverage to get a better price or free stuff. Fight them on this, they messed up, make them pay! ?
What! First everyone can’t wait to order, now we don’t want to order! No Bronco for you!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A dealership could enter one wrong thing on your order on purpose,(like # of doors,colour,ect) knowing you will back out on delivery,then they have a nice new Bronco to mark up.

Stay classy Ford.Rockstars.
I saw on the Bronco Sport forum a guy whose order showed up totally wrong. He was just SOL for a replacement and walked away from the whole thing.

I'm not sure what happened in that situation, but whatever happened, that would have been a heartbreaker.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you wait until now to even think about changing dealer. You were a first hour reservation holder but still weren’t sure about which dealer to use? How could they have kept your order?
Many reasons. In some regions there were NO dealers willing to commit to price. In other cases, the dealers most likely to have oversized allocations (better chance of MY21) were not willing to talk price. Preference to have local delivery, instead of shipping for $1400 or 20 hour drive. Also, assurance from Ford that dealer can be changed at any time.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers need conversions to bump their actual allocations. Pressure is on. We actually hold the cards, now.
Well... we should. But if the dealer can convert the reservation to an order with no action on the part of the customer and no consequences from Ford, we're going to have serious issues with these unscrupulous dealers.

This is one area where Ford absolutely needs to step in. Under no circumstances should a dealer be touching a customer's reservation without their knowledge and approval.

(And if you think I'm wrong, imagine a dealer that wants a Bronco to sell on their lot at a huge markup. They just pick a customer's reservation, order whatever they want with no intention of selling it to the reservation holder, and wait to receive it. When the reservation holder declines to buy it because it's not what they wanted, the dealer sells it off the lot.)

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just doublechecked with my dealer and he is very chill with me getting my order in when I know what I want. It doesn't matter to him now or March. Glad I have swapped my reservations to him.

He did confirm that once the order is in for a specific trim level that the trim level cannot be changed without cancelling the order and losing the reservation. So now I really have to decide between BD and BL.

These dealers that are forcing orders in the system without working with the customers are definitely up to a bunch of shenanigans.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well... we should. But if the dealer can convert the reservation to an order with no action on the part of the customer and no consequences from Ford, we're going to have serious issues with these unscrupulous dealers.

This is one area where Ford absolutely needs to step in. Under no circumstances should a dealer be touching a customer's reservation without their knowledge and approval.

(And if you think I'm wrong, imagine a dealer that wants a Bronco to sell on their lot at a huge markup. They just pick a customer's reservation, order whatever they want with no intention of selling it to the reservation holder, and wait to receive it. When the reservation holder declines to buy it because it's not what they wanted, the dealer sells it off the lot.)
That should be grounds for losing the dealership. It's fraud.
Sponsored