Sponsored

For those with an extra reservation... The math...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apparently you folks aren't in business... because I buy between 6K and 7K worth of inventory every week and sell it for between 17K and 18K per week. It's just what you do to have a successful business.
It's the spirit of the conversation @Uncle Gump .
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Apparently you folks aren't in business... because I buy between 6K and 7K worth of inventory every week and sell it for between 17K and 18K per week. It's just what you do to have a successful business.
Hey mr. businessman, are you trying to tell us you are a FORD Dealer? Because if so then yeah it makes sense.

If not though, please refer to the posts above, because what we have here is nothing more than people wanting to be jackasses. I'd have more respect for that type of person if they actually worked hard and EARNED their money, rather than some asshole looking for the quick/easy way through life. But hey, you do you I suppose.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I also have an antiques business... I buy things for a dime and sell them for a dollar ALL the time. I don't twist arms to get them to buy my stuff... it's supply and demand. It hardly makes me a jackass or some lower form of life.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some of you are crazy... flipping things to make a profit is partly what America is based on.. supply and demand and such.

If you are lucky enough to get a deal, and then sell it for what the market is worth...nothing wrong with that. Yes it sucks if you are the buyer but that is how it works.

Now people who cleaned out TP and Clorox wipes, filling their garage and then trying to sell it at 100% the cost... those are a-holes. Just like buying an RC Bronco for 70 and selling for 500.

But to buy a Bronco at Invoice and sell at MSRP or a little higher... that's Capitalism.. we'd be in pretty bad shape if people were only allowed to sell things at a loss :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went to dealer today and placed order on CO SAS Badlands. Had to put down $1000 non refundable deposit on top of my original $100. Dealer stated I should have my Bronco in July or August.
I HATE YOU!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of you are crazy... flipping things to make a profit is partly what America is based on.. supply and demand and such.

If you are lucky enough to get a deal, and then sell it for what the market is worth...nothing wrong with that. Yes it sucks if you are the buyer but that is how it works.

Now people who cleaned out TP and Clorox wipes, filling their garage and then trying to sell it at 100% the cost... those are a-holes. Just like buying an RC Bronco for 70 and selling for 500.

But to buy a Bronco at Invoice and sell at MSRP or a little higher... that's Capitalism.. we'd be in pretty bad shape if people were only allowed to sell things at a loss :)
Yeah, I never intended to make this a rant thread! I'm a biz accountant, so my world is all about buying low and selling high(er) or providing services.....so I don't disagree with you a bit. All I was trying to point out is that for many folks, this is no slam dunk. Now, for those who don't pay sales tax and can get a discount....IF the market rewards you, maybe you can make a few bucks. But it's a risk....and perhaps I was subconsciously trying to discourage those who could be! lol

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I never intended to make this a rant thread! I'm a biz accountant, so my world is all about buying low and selling high(er) or providing services.....so I don't disagree with you a bit. All I was trying to point out is that for many folks, this is no slam dunk. Now, for those who don't pay sales tax and can get a discount....IF the market rewards you, maybe you can make a few bucks. But it's a risk....and perhaps I was subconsciously trying to discourage those who could be! lol
I'm with you... it would upset me too if I got shafted cuz some dude ordered to flip.

I have this kind of debate with my wife all the time. She feels like people should be able to raise a family and buy houses/cars with a minimum wage job... and I tell her I don't want to buy a $50 big-mac.

Funny thing... people tend to side with the scenario where they come out ahead regardless of how screwed the other side gets ;)

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm with you... it would upset me too if I got shafted cuz some dude ordered to flip.

I have this kind of debate with my wife all the time. She feels like people should be able to raise a family and buy houses/cars with a minimum wage job... and I tell her I don't want to buy a $50 big-mac.

Funny thing... people tend to side with the scenario where they come out ahead regardless of how screwed the other side gets ;)
Ah, the old self-interest!

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These types of threads remind me of the PS5 debacle.

“No, stop behaving like a business and attempting to make money!!!”

It’s called supply and demand, if supply doesn’t meet demand, expect scalpers, obviously, scalpers risk not selling the Bronco for a profit the same way a dealership does...

I didn’t try and scalp any PS5s and am not going to scalp any Broncos, but it’s wild when people are surprised someone living in a capitalist country behaves like a capitalist.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These types of threads remind me of the PS5 debacle.

“No, stop behaving like a business and attempting to make money!!!”

It’s called supply and demand, if supply doesn’t meet demand, expect scalpers, obviously, scalpers risk not selling the Bronco for a profit the same way a dealership does...

I didn’t try and scalp any PS5s and am not going to scalp any Broncos, but it’s wild when people are surprised someone living in a capitalist country behaves like a capitalist.
What would be interesting is who would be willing to pay MSRP or higher for basically a private party, used, as-is sale? I sure wouldn't.

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Already spoke to dealer that is Marking up their "First Edition" $15k plus fees. There's a buyer out there somewhere that will pay it.

So car guys just have to be first in line and willing to pay it.

Heck, if someone offered me $10k more than what I paid for my "First Edition", I hand them keys.

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would be interesting is who would be willing to pay MSRP or higher for basically a private party, used, as-is sale? I sure wouldn't.
I guarantee there are some parents out there with what I like to call “fuck you” money.

Ya know, multiple homes, multiple cars, they can’t spend it faster than they make it (or just a penchant for taking loans since the banks seem to not care at all anymore). Probably got a kid who’s going to be 16 this summer/fall and they don’t want anything but a Bronco, but don’t have a reservation, but holy hell on earth if that kid doesn’t get his/her Bronco on there “Sweet 16th”

Different strokes for different folks.

snowman77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know why one adult would give two shits what another adult does with his money... Especially if it isn't illegal.

Chance_P

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lease it, then post it on swapalease and charge a "downpayment". Swapalease.com
Sponsored