Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So curious- how does having this tune installed affect an extended warranty? I’m considering this tune, but I have a 100k mile warranty and don’t want to mess with that if the tune changes that. Any idea?
I would definitely reach out to whoever is providing you with the extended warranty for clarification on this.
Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would definitely reach out to whoever is providing you with the extended warranty for clarification on this.
I have a different question about this; can you share any language on the actual tune warranty? It's just software update in the end which really doesn't degrade so if they have term limits I'm curious if language may speak to affected physical components?

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking forward to getting this
but
Service techs in the three dealers nearest me in NJ never even heard of it. 🙄
I want to use my 112,000 Ford Pass points otherwise I’d buy it from LethalPerformance.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a different question about this; can you share any language on the actual tune warranty? It's just software update in the end which really doesn't degrade so if they have term limits I'm curious if language may speak to affected physical components?
Ford Performance is honoring a 3/36 warranty for issues derived from the tune itself. In layman's terms, if a motor popped and Ford (your local dealership) blamed the tune on the fault, Ford Performance would pick it up. This is what was relayed to us from our Ford Performance representative regarding this all of their eligible recalibrations. Your local service advisor should be able to give you the same information, too (assuming said dealership is a Ford Performance dealer).

With that all being said, if there is -no- fault derived from the tune/recalibration, then your traditional warranty should be the one in use.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would have liked to see the Dyno results apples to apples ie, 93 octane stock vs. 93 octane with the tune. Comparing a stock 87 vehicle with a 93 tuned vehicle provides skewed results.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking forward to getting this
but
Service techs in the three dealers nearest me in NJ never even heard of it. 🙄
I want to use my 112,000 Ford Pass points otherwise I’d buy it from LethalPerformance.
@flip help this person spend some points like I did 😁 if you want to use your Ford points, flip can help you.

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see that a few have asked about whether or not the JB4 can be used WITH the FP tune. I have the JB4 now, and would love to have the shift patterns tweaked, so I reached out to Burger and this is what I got back:

Hi Billy,

The JB4 is compatible with the Ford tune or any flash map you want to
run. Record a JB4 log on map0 once flashed and send me log if you want
me to review the tuning side and help with JB4 settings for it.

Best,
Terry
https://

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I see that a few have asked about whether or not the JB4 can be used WITH the FP tune. I have the JB4 now, and would love to have the shift patterns tweaked, so I reached out to Burger and this is what I got back:

Hi Billy,

The JB4 is compatible with the Ford tune or any flash map you want to
run. Record a JB4 log on map0 once flashed and send me log if you want
me to review the tuning side and help with JB4 settings for it.

Best,
Terry
https://
Terry is a great guy and definitely makes a really awesome product. As I've mentioned it before I'm sure you can stack the JB4 on top of the Ford cal. However I personally don't recommend it. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Terry is a great guy and definitely makes a really awesome product. As I've mentioned it before I'm sure you can stack the KB4 on top of the Ford cal. However I personally don't recommend it. Just my opinion.
I, too, understood the apprehension initially. But coming from the guy who makes and sells them seems pretty compelling. I really want the shift pattern updates for daily drivability. But the E30 map on the JB4 has the sauce. I am just about ready to order the FP tune (to stack with my JB4 I got from you). Can you share with us your reasoning behind your suggestion? Not trying to put you in a weird position, just genuinely trying to make a decision.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don't know if this has been answered within this thread yet and I am a bit lazy to read through all the posts:LOL:, but how much are dealers charging to install this tune, on top of the $825?

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't know if this has been answered within this thread yet and I am a bit lazy to read through all the posts:LOL:, but how much are dealers charging to install this tune, on top of the $825?
I think I remember seeing someone paid $400 ish for it. F that. Takes an hour tops even if you don't know anything about computers.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was charged $0.00 on the 2.3 manual. It was also the same dealer that I purchased the Bronco from, and I imagine that weighed in to the installation pricing. Prior to hearing the dealers price, I was prepared to take it to an independent ASE shop without even asking the dealer. I'm glad that I did give the dealer a chance to price it.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid $75.00
Sponsored