Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a front camera and sensor? If so, are they now obstructed?
Yes they would be obstructed. One of the reasons why I went with the Mid package was to avoid dealing with sensors.

But as @BrentC mentioned, several aftermarket companies have relocation brackets for the camera. I don't know any that have relocation brackets for the parking sensors though... I suspect most people just turn them off.

---

Which brings up a really good point. If someone has the High/Lux package with the capable bumper and ends up giving this a shot... post pictures! Curious what you had to do with the front parking sensors.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes they would be obstructed. One of the reasons why I went with the Mid package was to avoid dealing with sensors.

But as @BrentC mentioned, several aftermarket companies have relocation brackets for the camera. I don't know any that have relocation brackets for the parking sensors though... I suspect most people just turn them off.

---

Which brings up a really good point. If someone has the High/Lux package with the capable bumper and ends up giving this a shot... post pictures! Curious what you had to do with the front parking sensors.
I have the High package in my Badlands, but with the modular bumper.

In the RC winch plate note in my pictures above the parking sensor relocation. The sensors are still fully functional.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I own a 2022 Badlands with the capable bumper. I bought the capable bumper over the HD modular bumper primarily to get the factory fog light wiring/switch, assuming I could also find an aftermarket bumper I really liked to add on a winch. Well it turns out there are VERY few aftermarket bumpers I like, and the ones I do like are prohibitively expensive—especially when you add on shipping costs.

So I began searching for a winch mount for my capable bumper. The two I found were by JCR and Rough Country. I've had some pretty shaky prior experiences with Rough Country in the past, so I wasn't too keen on it. And this post by @Tricky Dick definitely wasn't giving me the warm or fuzzy feelings I was looking for prior to purchasing the Rough Country mount. I'm sure it's fine, and I'm sure there are lots of people who've had very good experience with it, but pass for me. Based on what limited information I could find with the JCR mount, it seemed like it too may have similar issues to the Rough Country so I passed on that one as well. Though I admit both are more economical than the approach I went with.

And then Ford released the press photos for the Wildland Firefighting Command Rig. BAM. Capable bumper with the Ford Performance winch. So I knew it was possible—probably with some modifications—but I knew it was at least possible.

1697410226576.png

So against my better judgement I dropped several thousand dollars on a Ford Performance winch without knowing it would work. And guess what?? It works!! Some minor modifications, yes, but it works. Video below

Picture Dump

The bolts holding the bumper on. Three on each side.

1697411830837.png

Wiring connector for the fog lights (and presumably the sensors, if you have those):

1697411885736.png

Factory tow hooks:

1697411939965.png

The new brackets. Notice the three holes don't line up due to clearance issues.

1697411995816.png

Fixing the clearance issues:

1697412047690.png

Final product (pre-paint):

1697412098774.png

Grille clearances

1697412248290.png

Suspension sag. Note I have a Badlands non-Sasquatch with the 2.3L.

BEFORE:

1697412429732.png

1697412460749.png

Easter Egg I found on the capable bumper. Reads "Congratulations on ponying up for a more capable bumper":

1697412552553.png

FINAL PRODUCT

ForumImg1.jpg

---

If you too are like me and have the capable bumper, definitely consider this approach if you want a winch. It really wasn't that bad. Yes it did take me four days to complete the installation, but much of that admittedly was me dodging rain and fussing around with the cameras for the forums/YouTube. If you are organized and know ahead of time what you are getting into, this is easily a weekend project.

Link to Ford Performance WARN Winch - Part No. M-1821-B

And shop around when purchasing your winch. Several Bronco6G sponsors are also Ford Performance dealers—such as @LethalPerformance and @Northridge4x4 —and they offer the winch kit for cheaper than what you can get Ford. That said, this item does ship via freight, so make sure pay attention to shipping costs. May ultimately be cheaper to buy from Ford and ship to your dealer.

Cheers!! Let me know if you have any questions.
Nice! I didn't catch what you did to compensate for the "suspension sag"?

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

---

Your installation looks clean. I love the fact that you using original sensors location.
I personally went with Warn And Elite bumper option that locating the Evo 10S much lower with minimal camera distractions (OBX/ high). Said that, I’m still trying to resolve front parking sensors gremlins and have manually disable them every restart.
I email Warn to see if they have any updated sensors brackets but they not much help.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! I didn't catch what you did to compensate for the "suspension sag"?
So far nothing.

I have plans to upgrade to 35s, and add a full Redarc battery system for the rear of the Bronco. That will add a fair about of weight to the rear cargo area between the weight of the batteries and the heavier spare tire. So once that's installed I'll have a better idea of what I need to do about the suspension overall.

If I wanted to fix it now I could just take the front springs off of a 2.7L Badlands and install it on my Bronco. The 2.7L Bronco is roughly 110 pounds heavier than the 2.3L. The WARN Zeon 10-S roughly 75 lbs, plus whatever the added weight of the mounting hardware is. So adding springs from a 2.7L onto my 2.3L Badlands will definitely get me in the ballpark.

Sponsored

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been looking for a winch front bumper lately, hallelujah!
BTW - that's a new Easter egg to me!

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I own a 2022 Badlands with the capable bumper. I bought the capable bumper over the HD modular bumper primarily to get the factory fog light wiring/switch, assuming I could also find an aftermarket bumper I really liked to add on a winch. Well it turns out there are VERY few aftermarket bumpers I like, and the ones I do like are prohibitively expensive—especially when you add on shipping costs.

So I began searching for a winch mount for my capable bumper. The two I found were by JCR and Rough Country. I've had some pretty shaky prior experiences with Rough Country in the past, so I wasn't too keen on it. And this post by @Tricky Dick definitely wasn't giving me the warm or fuzzy feelings I was looking for prior to purchasing the Rough Country mount. I'm sure it's fine, and I'm sure there are lots of people who've had very good experience with it, but pass for me. Based on what limited information I could find with the JCR mount, it seemed like it too may have similar issues to the Rough Country so I passed on that one as well. Though I admit both are more economical than the approach I went with.

And then Ford released the press photos for the Wildland Firefighting Command Rig. BAM. Capable bumper with the Ford Performance winch. So I knew it was possible—probably with some modifications—but I knew it was at least possible.

1697410226576.png

So against my better judgement I dropped several thousand dollars on a Ford Performance winch without knowing it would work. And guess what?? It works!! Some minor modifications, yes, but it works. Video below

Picture Dump

The bolts holding the bumper on. Three on each side.

1697411830837.png

Wiring connector for the fog lights (and presumably the sensors, if you have those):

1697411885736.png

Factory tow hooks:

1697411939965.png

The new brackets. Notice the three holes don't line up due to clearance issues.

1697411995816.png

Fixing the clearance issues:

1697412047690.png

Final product (pre-paint):

1697412098774.png

Grille clearances

1697412248290.png

Suspension sag. Note I have a Badlands non-Sasquatch with the 2.3L.

BEFORE:

1697412429732.png

1697412460749.png

Easter Egg I found on the capable bumper. Reads "Congratulations on ponying up for a more capable bumper":

1697412552553.png

FINAL PRODUCT

ForumImg1.jpg

---

If you too are like me and have the capable bumper, definitely consider this approach if you want a winch. It really wasn't that bad. Yes it did take me four days to complete the installation, but much of that admittedly was me dodging rain and fussing around with the cameras for the forums/YouTube. If you are organized and know ahead of time what you are getting into, this is easily a weekend project.

Link to Ford Performance WARN Winch - Part No. M-1821-B

And shop around when purchasing your winch. Several Bronco6G sponsors are also Ford Performance dealers—such as @LethalPerformance and @Northridge4x4 —and they offer the winch kit for cheaper than what you can get Ford. That said, this item does ship via freight, so make sure pay attention to shipping costs. May ultimately be cheaper to buy from Ford and ship to your dealer.

Cheers!! Let me know if you have any questions.
As always, you Rock!🤘🏼🤘🏼

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Spending over two grand on a Warn winch kit while complaining about the cost of aftermarket bumpers is one hell of a thing.

...I'm glad I wasn't the only one considering this exact route.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spending over two grand on a Warn winch kit while complaining about the cost of aftermarket bumpers is one hell of a thing.

...I'm glad I wasn't the only one considering this exact route.
Ya’ know… definitely not wrong.

The problem I was having is most of bumpers I liked were around the $1900 mark, then the winch attachment bracket was another $350 dollars, then the aftermarket fog lights were another $400, then a (more affordable) $850 winch, and blah blah blah. And to get it all shipped to me was another $550 cause a lot of it shipped via freight. Pretty soon I was looking at dropping around $4000 once you added in taxes and other misc junk I needed for installation. Couldn’t do it.

Admittedly the coupon code, the giant bucket of FordPass points, the free shipping to a nearby dealer, and especially the price drop from $3500 to $2600 helped out a lot. Wouldn’t have made sense otherwise.

My “out-the-door” was just over $1900. If you account for the $575 of extra price protection I didn’t utilize by getting the capable bumper over the HD modular… under $1500.

Sponsored

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ya’ know… definitely not wrong.

The problem I was having is most of bumpers I liked were around the $1900 mark, then the winch attachment bracket was another $350 dollars, then the aftermarket fog lights were another $400, then a (more affordable) $850 winch, and blah blah blah. And to get it all shipped to me was another $550 cause a lot of it shipped via freight. Pretty soon I was looking at dropping around $4000 once you added in taxes and other misc junk I needed for installation. Couldn’t do it.

Admittedly the coupon code, the giant bucket of FordPass points, the free shipping to a nearby dealer, and especially the price drop from $3500 to $2600 helped out a lot. Wouldn’t have made sense otherwise.

My “out-the-door” was just over $1900. If you account for the $575 of extra price protection I didn’t utilize by getting the capable bumper over the HD modular… under $1500.
Honestly, not a bad deal, but I'm really surprised that custom fabrication didn't come to mind for you. It seems like it's more common here than it is in the US, albeit.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, not a bad deal, but I'm really surprised that custom fabrication didn't come to mind for you. It seems like it's more common here than it is in the US, albeit.
I REALLY wanted to go that route, and I reached out to a handful of companies locally. The one company that agreed to do it for an obtainable price said they needed the Bronco for up to 2 months, and it was clear that it was somewhat outside of their wheelhouse.

I could have potentially built it myself—my welding skills are decent, but I definitely don’t consider myself a fabricator—more of a “put back together what was once broke” sorta person. So it would have been quite the stretch for me, and since I don’t have a garage to work in I wasn’t crazy about the idea.

Unfortunately I’m in New England which doesn’t really have a strong off-road/overlanding/vehicle modification culture. Companies that do custom fabrication for vehicles is few and far between. Those that do are largely geared towards heavy equipment or boat fabrication. (Jealous of everyone who lives out west, I should probably move back.)

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No interest in a winch, but great video as always.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

nice mod!