Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Porsche Cayman? Me too buddy. Me too

Trolling aside though, the Porsche Cayman is the best handling car ever built, full stop. I fully admit that I would do untoward things to my fellow man for a Cayman GT4
I had a blast driving the Carrera GTS at the Porsche Driving Experience, but the 911 GT3 RS that I have driven is unbelievable. Yes I want one. Some pics from the Porsche experience. Oh yeah the red one is 911 Turbo, and that’s also me flexing the Cayenne.

08F7BC6D-8BC0-4532-A6DF-20ABDDBF2D58.jpeg

6974F530-CF40-4D0A-9863-6BF82D63F1E7.jpeg

C540FEC5-C31F-475B-A412-86A846DA17C5.jpeg
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a blast driving the Carrera GTS at the Porsche Driving Experience, but the 911 GT3 RS that I have driven is unbelievable. Yes I want one. Some pics from the Porsche experience. Oh yeah the red one is 911 Turbo, and that’s also me flexing the Cayenne.

Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? C540FEC5-C31F-475B-A412-86A846DA17C5

You know how you have to go full balls to the wall and stay in the throttle to keep a 911 from snap oversteering you into a wall? Moving the engine forward 8" turned it into an absolute beast and 10000% fixed that.

Love the pics, always wanted to get around to doing a PCA event

JRS993

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have bought over dozen brand new cars from 18k-70k, never ever any issues. These are few too many, especially because it is a 55k vehicle.
The Bronco was engineered to be a $30K vehicle at hits heart to meet the targe Base model goal. Thinking fit and finish. The fact we get these up to $60K with upgraded this and that is the bonanza that Ford hoped for! I have two Mercedes (GLC and S560). The GLC was $48K and the interior is far superior in every way. The S560, well no comparison.

Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve owned enough Fords over the years to know their quality can be pretty bad. But fortunately my February built Badlands has excellent paint quality and door/hood alignment gaps are nearly perfect. Ford’s problem is consistency. It’s just not there.

AlphaSpace1

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My OBX build is over $60k. Still a bargain.
Idk about that. Why wouldn't you just go with a badlands so you can get front locker & stay bar disconnect?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a foolish habit of ordering vehicles with every option. 😎

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

evoking the G-wagon was a mistake. A G63 has twice the wait time as the bronco, cost 3x as much, but has massage chairs. It's not even in the same conversation.

Now as for your Ford, it sounds like you have some issues with it. I would suggest not taking delivery if you are dissatisfied. Who is the fool? A company making $50k vehicles that are flying out the door faster than they can make them, even with substantial dealer markups, or an unsuspecting buyer that pays $50k for something sight-unseen and doesn't like it?

For the record, I have seen no quality control issues on my Badlands. I have had it for 10 months and driven it 15k miles. I have owned a lot of Defenders, and when you drive and service one of those, you can tell me about build quality. I have had a bunch of Toyotas and an Acura and my Bronco build quality seems about the same.

I have also beat the bag out of my rig on a few occasions and it is holding up better than expected. It's been tracking at a bargain for me.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a misaligned door (very slightly). I live in a market with two Ford body shops and both offered to fix under warranty. I would check around your house for a Ford dealer with a body shop and have them fix it under warranty.

HPRBD60560

Black Diamond
First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco arrived finally after 2 years waiting. I have some back and forth regarding my financing, so I can't take delivery until tomorrow. I just went out to look at it and it was pretty disappointing. Some journalists praised the Outerbanks as "mini G-Wagon" or "alternative to Defender". Are they serious? The Quality of this truck is below any other vehicle I have ever owned. Ford Quality control must be either sleeping all day or they are not existing.

-First thing I noticed was that one of the door trims was completely out of place, I had to adjust and push it in place.
-The trim above the front bumper is not aligned with the rest of the body. I thought that is only with mine but I went around and all the Broncos on the lot had this misalignment. Some more, some less.
- On the same trim, there is scratch about 1.5 inch long (see picture).
- The hard top is a joke. Look at the pictures and look how it looks from inside. I don't know what they were smoking as they decided to build it the way they did. I know they had to come up with a quick solution to clean the mess from the first generation but what the heck is that?? Have the decency to paint it or cover it with something.
-What is this welding thing on the paint?
- In the interior portion there were all sort of scratches and dirt, didn't have the desire to look deeper since it was not detailed yet. Might be different after detailing.

The truck was not detailed yet and I am sure after detailing I will find more stuff once I take the time to look more in detail.

This is not the 20K dollar Maverick. This is a Bronco which has almost the same price as the Mercedes GLE. I guess it is the way it is and I hope @Ford Motor Company listens and will do something about it. Expect more from a truck which costs over 55k dollars.

I feel your pain. Mine made it from the factory with a bad Turbo charger. Great QC there, @Ford Motor Company.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Statistical quality control was introduce to Japan after WWII by Deming, Japan took this and they made major improvements to their quality control and for generations they have had a great reputation. Our quality control in the past was very high and workers were proud of their work.
Now when it comes to our USA made vehicles our quality has become a joke, American companies care more about profits period. And the only way this might improve is if we the people make a stance and stop buying these very expensive vehicles with shoddy qualities. If the big 3 get hurt in the pocket, they might realize that they must do better, I understand it will never be 100% quality perfect. In looking fwd to getting my WT, but when I read about all the issues I cringe at the fact that I'm going to be paying over 60k and ponder what will the quality conditions of my Bronco will bring. I know a lot of people says it's a off roadder, but for those same reasons quality should be paramount.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, it's not a $55k truck. It's a $35k truck which you added $20k worth of gee-gaws to. It comes off the same assembly line as a $32,000 Base.

You don't expect the QC on a Platinum F-150 to be any different than an XL. It's the same truck, just with a bunch of expensive toys/electronics added.
I disagree with you partner, quality should not suffer weather you're buying a 35k or 60k bronco quality should be number 1

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel your pain. Mine made it from the factory with a bad Turbo charger. Great QC there, @Ford Motor Company.
This right here worries me, a bad turbo. Mine arrives end of this month. Crossed fingers everything works.
Sponsored