Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its a start! I would have liked it better if it made more emphasis on how Ford deliberately lied, shafted us, more on how shitty the cheater-dealer car buying process is still alive & well, how they are supporting it, & how it looks so fishy Ford artificially limits supply to drive up cost of the product AND most of all -- how so many are jumping ship & buying Jeeps & other vehicles instead - THATS what needs to be the headline. Sheesh, I don't think I'm ever going to be satisfied!
Yep, much more to say.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Zach@Granger We love ya man! I am doing my part to get your allocations up some. (do mustang sales help at all?) I am advising everyone that is looking at a new car to say 'screw the local dealers and their ADMs', buy from elsewhere if it makes financial sense, and I have been throwing your name out there. I did not know you had a jeep dealer as well, if there are any other lines, I'll bring those up in conversation as well. But am certainly doing it on all Ford inquiries.

I look forward to seeing you either right before Thanksgiving, or right after. Do you go hunting that weekend or anything?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At least they’re getting $1000-2000k under sticker. That’s equivalent to $2500-3500k under MSRP. Now we know the true cost of that discount.

So let me give some information that I was able to glean because the MAS website leaks information like a f'ing sieve, including the amount that they paid on the Purchase Order.

That data also leaked on my acceptance letter, but initially, I didn't recognize the significance of it. If you look at the number across from "CUSTOMER MUST ADVISE CREDIT SOURCE" ($38,416) and add the value from "Deposit in House" ($500), you get what they were invoiced on the PO from Ford ($38,916).

My Bronco MSRP was $48,420 (including $300 aquisition fee not on my sticker), my MAS "special price" was $47,953, but do you know what they paid Ford for that very same Bronco? $38,916! Yep, that's right just over $9,000 less than what I paid... and far less than invoice. Invoice is NOT what the dealer necessarily is paying for the vehicle.

Now, I don't know what Granger is actually paying Ford, and honestly I don't care to know, and I am quite sure that they are NOT losing money on the Broncos they sell, but they are making less than most other dealers are making on each Bronco.

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy Data Leak

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy Mark's Bronco Sticker jpe

Last edited:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let me give some information that I was able to glean because the MAS website leaks information like a f'ing sieve, including the amount that they paid on the Purchase Order.

That data also leaked on my acceptance letter, but initially, I didn't recognize the significance of it. If you look at the number across from "CUSTOMER MUST ADVISE CREDIT SOURCE" ($38,416) and add the value from "Deposit in House" ($500), you get what they were invoiced on the PO from Ford ($38,916).

My Bronco MSRP was $48,420 (including $300 aquisition fee not on my sticker), my MAS "special price" was $47,953, but do you know what they paid Ford for that very same Bronco? $38,916! Yep, that's right just over $9,000 less than what I paid... and far less than invoice. Invoice is NOT what the dealer necessarily is paying for the vehicle.

Now, I don't know what Granger is actually paying Ford, and honestly I don't care to know, and I am quite sure that they are NOT losing money on the Broncos they sell, but they are making less than most other dealers are making on each Bronco.

Data Leak.jpg

Mark's Bronco Sticker jpeg.jpg
well, of course they are not losing. What they are making is the delta between the 'invoice' minus discount and the 'invoice' minus holdback. maybe thats 500 per car/truck, maybe it is 10,000 per car/truck. But it is, as you said, less than the other dealers are making at even MSRP by a few thousand. My car (I got a Mach 1 instead of a Bronco) is about 5k under MSRP. So if Granger makes 5k off of it, good for Zach, it better than the local dealer making 10k at MSRP, or 15k since they are asking for an ADK.... I probably would not be buying if it were not for grangers pricing.

Keith Baker

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never posted before, but I'm so angry at Ford for lying and misleading reservation holders. I've bought 36 new cars,suvs,trucks over the last 45 years and never seen anything like this rodeo. I have lost my faith and loyalty with Ford.
Thinking about a vacation trip to Iowa and purchasing a Jeep.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never posted before, but I'm so angry at Ford for lying and misleading reservation holders. I've bought 36 new cars,suvs,trucks over the last 45 years and never seen anything like this rodeo. I have lost my faith and loyalty with Ford.
Ditto. I’ve never wanted a Jeep. I still don’t really. But I’d plunk some money down on the new 2 row Grand Cherokee to spite Ford. And at a good deal none the less.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the resistance. Just got back from central Iowa. Not a ton to do, but damn good people. Take that vacation and road trip it back!!

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It doesn't matter what you said honestly. Ford Motor Company created a reservation system that in exchange for $100, let you reserve a Bronco and pick the dealer you wanted to purchase it from. No consumer would have a reasonable expectation to think otherwise.

Clearly we are now seeing Ford pivot and try to clean up the mess on the dealer side to appease the ones that are complaining. That's not the customer's fault. That's Ford's fault. Yes, they have a captive product that leaves little choice in terms of competitors (Jeep and that's about it). And if you don't want a Jeep, you have to put up with Ford's crap.

Again in the end they should from a Public Relations standpoint (which Mike Levine is part of) stand by their reservation holders and make sure they are taken care of first (at least get that messaging out). This is PR 100 level crap. It is also some of the worst customer service out of a large company ever.
I'm going to add to this...

When ordering began, most dealerships seamed to push us to the side because we weren't an instant sale for their sales goals that month. When asked about the bronco ordering process or price, most (in my opinion) seamed to give a quick response to get us off the phone in order to move on to a potential customer that may or may not buy from them that day.

To prove my point further, when the bronco team hosted a bronco event at a local dealer for a day showcasing two vehicles, not one employee from the dealership itself even acknowledged that we were there. It was like we were invisible. I didn't even get a "Hey guys, welcome! Are you excited?" Or anything. I almost felt like I was crashing their party and was uninvited.

Then, once the data was released, they realized they didn't have nearly as much orders as other dealers therefore they weren't going to receive as many broncos. Sad...

But instead of looking in the mirror asking themselves what they could have done differently, they went crying to Daddy asking why they aren't getting as many orders/allocations.

If they would have treated people right from the very beginning they may have had more orders!

Whats really sad too is that if Ford would have kept it simple, and didn't create an allocation at all, than dealers would have been forced to look at how they do business going forward. They would have looked really hard at Granger and seen that the $1-2k below invoice was only a small part that made people from all over the country willing to drive so far to buy a car. Obviously we are all going to barely cut even between flights, hotel stays, fuel and food to get it back home.

When are these dealerships going to realize that people today can buy a product they want from just about anywhere? It's the service that we are shopping for. We are all just searching for someone we can trust, who will be honest, and upfront. When you charge an ADM to reservation holders, you are showing everyone that you care more about the one time sale, than a customer for life, no matter what it cost you in the long run.

But since Ford decided to sh*t all over Granger and Stephens, they are sending a message to all other dealers saying ,"Continue to screw customers and be sneaky. It's the way car buying has always been, and should never change!"

When are the Auto Manufacturers going to learn?!?!?

Just take a look at CarMax, Carvana, Vroom, and Tesla... obviously people prefer not to be screwed. SMH x 1,000!

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This I would suggest to Granger to consider - a very special offer of x% below invoice on Bronco Sport to any Bronco reservation holder with them, with possibly a guaranteed buyback at time of filling the Bronco order.
Advantage for the current res holder- a pony to ride upon now, a locked interest rate (much higher 2 y from now).

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This I would suggest to Granger to consider - a very special offer of x% below invoice on Bronco Sport to any Bronco reservation holder with them, with possibly a guaranteed buyback at time of filling the Bronco order.
Advantage for the current res holder- a pony to ride upon now, a locked interest rate (much higher 2 y from now).
They're offering 6% under invoice

Unfortunately the bronco sport is a brand new product so they don't know how resale will hold up in two years. I can't imagine they want to risk having a lot full of used Broncettes that they guaranteed too much money for. That being said, at 6% off invoice you could probably drive one home, wait for the Carfax to reflect the sale and registration, and sell it to carvana, CarMax, or vroom for a profit. They're hot sellers around here and go for over msrp on new car lots.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to add to this...

When ordering began, most dealerships seamed to push us to the side because we weren't an instant sale for their sales goals that month. When asked about the bronco ordering process or price, most (in my opinion) seamed to give a quick response to get us off the phone in order to move on to a potential customer that may or may not put base from them that day.

To even prove my point further, when the bronco team showcased their vehicles at local dealerships in my area for a day, and made an event out of it, not one employee from the dealership itself even acknowledged that we were there. It was like we were invisible. I didn't even get a "Hey guys, welcome! Are you excited?" Or anything. I almost felt like I was crashing their party and was uninvited.

Then, once the data was released, they realized they didn't have nearly as much orders as other dealers therefore they weren't going to receive as many broncos. Sad...

But instead of looking in the mirror asking themselves what they could have done differently, they went crying to Daddy asking why they aren't getting as many orders/allocations.

If they would have treated people right from the very beginning they may have had more orders!

Whats really sad too is that if Ford would have kept it simple, and didn't create an allocation at all, than dealers would have been forced to look at how they do business going forward. They would have looked really hard at Granger and seen that the $1-2k below invoice was only a small part that made people from all over the country willing to drive so far to buy a car. Obviously we are all going to barely cut even between flights, hotel stays, fuel and food to get it back home.

When are these dealerships going to realize that people today can buy a product they want from just about anywhere? It's the service that we are shopping for. We are all just searching for someone we can trust, who will be honest, and upfront. When you charge an ADM to reservation holders, you are showing everyone that you care more about the one time sale, than a customer for life, no matter what it cost you in the long run.

But since Ford decided to sh*t all over Granger and Stephens, they are sending a message to all other dealers saying ,"Continue to screw customers and be sneaky. It's the way car buying has always been, and should never change!"

When are the Auto Manufacturers going to learn?!?!?

Just take a look at CarMax, Carvana, Vroom, and Tesla... obviously people prefer not to be screwed. SMH x 1,000!

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But if I ordered from my local dealer who tried to charge me $15K ADM, Ford would produce my Bronco next year?
Most likely early next year. If you want it sooner find a dealer with $20k markup. It’s sad because these very large dealers with shady tactics are the ones with lots of cancellations due to their shade. They are gonna have all kinds of allocations but no customers for them. The amount of people willing to pay 5 figures over MSRP is very limited.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To even prove my point further, when the bronco team showcased their vehicles at local dealerships in my area for a day, and made an event out of it, not one employee from the dealership itself even acknowledged that we were there. It was like we were invisible. I didn't even get a "Hey guys, welcome! Are you excited?" Or anything. I almost felt like I was crashing their party and was uninvited.

And here thought I imagined that. 🤷‍♀️

There are two Ford dealers in my city. The owners are brothers-in-law.

Dealer A... wouldn't give me the time of day even after I made a reservation with him. Never once contacted me, and wouldn't talk to me about Broncos or my reservation.

Dealer B... hosted the Bronco event. The people touring with the Bronco were super nice and helpful, but the dealer's staff ignored us and almost ignored the Broncos. The seemed to me like they were annoyed. They gave us each a very flimsy hat and a carabiner.

And now they had all our contact information, they still didn't even send so much as an email asking if we were still interested.
Sponsored