Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very good job so far. Looking forward to seeing the project go together. Keep up the great work, and tell the "Karens" nothing, because they don't understand anything anyways.
Being innovative and making it yours is all that matters. It's your vision, your Bronco !!!
Go for it !!!
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost done so I thought I'd start a thread.

Chopped up a bronco more-doors top and did some fab work. Got a few adjustments to make and a final sand and paint, but overall I'm satisfied so far.

The front two top panels still lock in place to the new half-cab the same way, and they are obviously still removable.

The Bronco top is nearly 3 ” narrower in the rear than at the B pillar,.so this presents a bit of an issue. Some massage is needed to make up for the wider B-pillar and get the rear of the old top to match up well with the middle of the truck.

I made sure I can still use my old MIC 2 top ... and I will add 4130
inserts to the roll bar at each end that can be bolted in with aircraft grade fasteners. The roll bar will be removable.
The original hard top is still usable and now I have two top options.

I will build a bolt-on bulkhead across the front of the bed that will match up with the bottom of the window. The window is the same, so the defrost, wiper and washer will all be functional.

The side curtain airbags did need removed, and I plan on installing a set from a 2dr F150 in the near future, as they appear to be installed in the same area and fashion.

I also ordered a new back roll bar cross support that I will build into a removable cross support while the half cab is installed.

Still have lots to do.

Bulkhead

Speaker pod mounts.

Tail gate

Tool boxes built into bed.

Here's a few pics of my progress. It's a bit dusty as I'm still sanding here and there.

Ford Bronco Half Cab Pick-Up Bronco Build! 🪚 FBBDB3B0-8107-49CB-968A-FD0E66915F4D

Ford Bronco Half Cab Pick-Up Bronco Build! 🪚 FBBDB3B0-8107-49CB-968A-FD0E66915F4D

Appreciate your dedication and dab work, but that looks absolutely ridiculous. And here I was thinking there couldn’t be something that rivaled the goofy looking Gladiator.

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome work so far! I am so interested to see how this turns out as a finished product!

I noticed you didn't use your original rear portion of the roll bar for the half cab. Doesn't that have your GPS and a few other things attached? Were you able to get the same section from the donor more door to still have the features or not a concern for your project?

PatsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 16 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great! Much respect!

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

His Bronco, his money, his mods. If @BigMeatsBronco is smart enough to do this build he is smart enough to know about warranty and just doesn’t care. He took a new vehicle and made it better, now please take your mall crawler and go piss on someone else's parade.
Totally agreed. Clearly making something this badass makes a factory warranty pale in comparison, and, in 45 years of car ownership the m'fers warranty has never covered any issue I had with a new vehicle. And, no, I never buy extended warranties.

BTW, it does not become a "salvage" vehicle. It still has a perfectly good title. Not sure who pissed in your Cheerios, but lighten up and enjoy life. Put that up for auction against the unmodified model and see who wins.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Totally agreed. Clearly making something this badass makes a factory warranty pale in comparison, and, in 45 years of car ownership the m'fers warranty has never covered any issue I had with a new vehicle. And, no, I never buy extended warranties.

BTW, it does not become a "salvage" vehicle. It still has a perfectly good title. Not sure who pissed in your Cheerios, but lighten up and enjoy life. Put that up for auction against the unmodified model and see who wins.
Just to be clear, it was @Squatch Bronc who made the brilliant declaration about a "salvage" vehicle.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who cares dude...

1. It's his money and his vehicle, not yours.
2. This is a mass production vehicle. He's not chopping up something rare with only 5 examples left in existence.
3. It's a cool passion project and will still remain driving on and off road.

Plus hey, if people are this inspired to do cool unique mods to their Bronco, that is awesome. I will take stuff like this 100% of the time over the freaking "Angry Jeep" front end or the stupid 3rd brake light in the spare.

(Side note I hope for the love of God that the bronco is spared from the angery front end trash)

Sponsored

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who cares dude...

1. It's his money and his vehicle, not yours.
2. This is a mass production vehicle. He's not chopping up something rare with only 5 examples left in existence.
3. It's a cool passion project and will still remain driving on and off road.

Plus hey, if people are this inspired to do cool unique mods to their Bronco, that is awesome. I will take stuff like this 100% of the time over the freaking "Angry Jeep" front end or the stupid 3rd brake light in the spare.

(Side note I hope for the love of God that the bronco is spared from the angery front end trash)
You missed a point

4. ford designers are going to follow his concept and produce it

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You missed a point

4. ford designers are going to follow his concept and produce it
Ford canned the pickup Bronco because they were waiting on this guy to show them how to do it properly 😁

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Appreciate your dedication and dab work, but that looks absolutely ridiculous. And here I was thinking there couldn’t be something that rivaled the goofy looking Gladiator.
You must not be a fan of the first gen broncos then…

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I really don't understand what the original 1966 Bronco designers were thinking, they also designed a half cab that, as you say "looks absolutely ridiculous".

Perhaps those that don't understand history... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ford Bronco Half Cab Pick-Up Bronco Build! 🪚 539004e53fd9970edc1c716da736ab57
Sponsored

Last edited: