First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds good. I’ll install it while I wait for axles.

Anyone have a problem getting the core charge back? I told my parts guy what I was doing and he thought it was cool. He wondered if Ford would have a problem with returning a different rack than what I was buying. He didn’t have a problem with it, but said he didn’t know if it would be a problem or not once returned.
I was able to get credit for one of them. My 2nd one was a defect return, and my 3rd one I'm going to send to 74Weld. If you can't get core credit, they want rack cores to build 2.0 racks. He did ask that you write the vin on it so he can cypher what the original part # was. Dont know if he will pay cash for them (he didn't say he wouldn't), I was gonna ask for credit towards my next order
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the rack come centered or do I need to center it prior to install?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the rack come centered or do I need to center it prior to install?
You will be able to tell roughly. notch for the pinch bolt should be pointed roughly towards drivers tie rod. move as needed to get at the pinch bolt from in front of the frame crossmember. Good way to keep the steering wheel set is to loop the seatbelt through it...you will be able to move it a little to align the intermediate shaft, but not a full turn (try it, works good!). Still gonna need and alignment, so wheel might be off after installing (likely will be)

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wanted to provide an update: I got the HOSS 3.0 rack installed last week and programmed, and everything is perfect. I tested it out on a local rock crawling trail here in Colorado and the rack performed smooth with no issues, and no error codes/messages.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just wanted to provide an update: I got the HOSS 3.0 rack installed last week and programmed to match my VIN, and everything is perfect. I tested it out on a local rock crawling trail here in Colorado and the rack performed smooth with no issues, and no error codes/messages.
The racks aren't programmed to match a particular VIN, but rather programmed with the correct software to function with your Bronco. Actually they are programmed using a VIN from a WildTrak.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The racks aren't programmed to match a particular VIN, but rather programmed with the correct software to function with your Bronco. Actually they are programmed using a VIN from a WildTrak.
There is only 2 different programs, one file for Hoss 1.0/2.0 and one for HOSS 3.0/4.0. You can't miss program the rack as FDRS detects what rack it is.

Once programed there should be Zero issues with compatibility.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wanted to provide an update: I got the HOSS 3.0 rack installed last week and programmed, and everything is perfect. I tested it out on a local rock crawling trail here in Colorado and the rack performed smooth with no issues, and no error codes/messages.
Was your dealer willing to install it for you under the warranty claim? Or did you have it installed on your own dime?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is only 2 different programs, one file for Hoss 1.0/2.0 and one for HOSS 3.0/4.0. You can't miss program the rack as FDRS detects what rack it is.

Once programed there should be Zero issues with compatibility.
If FDRS detects the rack, then why not just program it with the original VIN still in the vehicle, seems like that didn't work before.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If FDRS detects the rack, then why not just program it with the original VIN still in the vehicle, seems like that didn't work before.
because FDRS also detects that part doesn't belong in your vehicle (VIN) and refuses to let you screw something up.

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everyone,
So if I was to do the Hoss 3.0 staring rack swap to my bronco, how and what part number would I order for it. I have a 2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks Non-Sas Would it need programming or would it come that way already. Interested in going this route and then getting 74 weld stage 1 to attach it.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone,
So if I was to do the Hoss 3.0 staring rack swap to my bronco, how and what part number would I order for it. I have a 2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks Non-Sas Would it need programming or would it come that way already. Interested in going this route and then getting 74 weld stage 1 to attach it.
Part # is in the thread title, NB3Z-3504-M. The power steering module is integrated into the rack, and shipped blank. It's gotta be programmed. Upgrading a Hoss 3.0 rack w/74Weld housing is what they call stage 3...thats the strongest one out there now. Stage 2 is the upgrade to the Hoss 2.0 rack. If you are sure you want to go stage 3 right away, you may want to check w/74Weld to see if they have already built units ready to ship out. That's how they originally intended to sell them, but they have had difficulty getting large quantities of 3.0 racks to build the stage 3. Last I heard they were becoming easier to get

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Part # is in the thread title, NB3Z-3504-M. The power steering module is integrated into the rack, and shipped blank. It's gotta be programmed. Upgrading a Hoss 3.0 rack w/74Weld housing is what they call stage 3...thats the strongest one out there now. Stage 2 is the upgrade to the Hoss 2.0 rack. If you are sure you want to go stage 3 right away, you may want to check w/74Weld to see if they have already built units ready to ship out. That's how they originally intended to sell them, but they have had difficulty getting large quantities of 3.0 racks to build the stage 3. Last I heard they were becoming easier to get
I think 74Weld stage 1 is just the bushing and passenger housing.

@Atoledo95 I would just do bushing and a housing on a stock rack. The HOSS 3.0 is more of a repair than an upgrade it my book.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I'm obviously doing something wrong. How the heck did y'all rotate the rack past the axle mount? Anyone got video?
Thinking I may just bolt things back up and do it next month when I swap axles.

Looks like they just rotated it out in this video, so I guess I'll take a nap since I've been up for 24 hours and try it later.

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@kodiakisland it pops right out? Make sure to pull the tie rods? I can do it in 30 seconds, just take the perfect angle and it slips right out.

Make sure to pull the front differential bracket and pull down the front diff as far as it will go.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1689001025516

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@kodiakisland it pops right out? Make sure to pull the tie rods? I can do it in 30 seconds, just take the perfect angle and it slips right out.

Make sure to pull the front differential bracket and pull down the front diff as far as it will go.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1689001025516
Ok. Did not remove the bracket. I’ll give that a try.
Sponsored