Sponsored

How do you install a snorkel on a Bronco?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like you have to cut into the frame of the car? how does this work for jeeps and other cars?
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On Nissans and Toyotas, you are cutting a hole in the sheet metal to move the intake from its original location to the fender.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, have to cut a hole in the fender, not frame. Then there's usually an adapter of sorts to connect to the air intake box. Need to have the entire snorkel pipe water tight.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You cut a hole. That's why you need to be sure you really need one before you get one.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

See that gaping thing at the front of the truck? That's the air inlet. Already higher than what most will ever need and it only sucks in cold air.

But if you really want a snorkel, then someone is going to have to make a kit to adapt to the factory air box, you'll run the pipe under the hood, drill a hole in the fender, and run the snorkel from there.
Ford Bronco How do you install a snorkel on a Bronco? 1611952479157

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although I'd like to add one, won't be doing any cutting until after it's paid for in 5 years. That's when it'll get taller with a lift, may move to 37", and add a snorkel. The aftermarket should be able to address things by then.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
See that gaping thing at the front of the truck? That's the air inlet. Already higher than what most will ever need and it only sucks in cold air.

But if you really want a snorkel, then someone is going to have to make a kit to adapt to the factory air box, you'll run the pipe under the hood, drill a hole in the fender, and run the snorkel from there.
1611952479157.png
I'd surprised if Volant doesn't have a replacement airbox/adapter on the market before the end of this year. Luckily, it looks like it would be a pretty straight shot out ot the fender. Then maybe the location of the old inlet could be used for an ARB twin compressor.

The possibilities!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks guys ignore thread
Absolutely not!

You start shit here, you gonna finish it too! :ROFLMAO:

No, it's a good topic, as I know many others have been curious or trying to work it out. Think aftermarket will need to get their hands on a unit to cut before designing, which could be a while given the scarcity. Hope Ford is working with a supplier on this mod now and at least sending dummy models to test things on.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco How do you install a snorkel on a Bronco? 1611952479157
It's more about the bow wave than the static water depth.

Also looking cool - it's about that too.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Absolutely not!

You start shit here, you gonna finish it too! :ROFLMAO:

No, it's a good topic, as I know many others have been curious or trying to work it out. Think aftermarket will need to get their hands on a unit to cut before designing, which could be a while given the scarcity. Hope Ford is working with a supplier on this mod now and at least sending dummy models to test things on.
Getting a fitment unit direct from Ford will be tough, but there's plenty of ways for accessory makers to get ahold of a Bronco. I'm probably going to offer mine up to a local fabricator friend so he can plan out bumpers and armor. Assuming he doesn't find someone who gets theirs sooner than I get mine anyway.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't know anything about these guys but they seem to be trying to get ahead of the game, they show a snorkel.

2 Door Bronco — Bronco Bastards

Personally, I don't think a snorkel is a good idea or rather getting into a situation where you need one is not a good idea.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford, GM, Mopar, etc. will sometimes make CAD files available long before a major launch. I know we regularly have things designed, 3D printed and ready to test fit by the time we actually got our hands on an actual vehicle. I'd expect we'll see aftermarket parts coming in hot and heavy early.

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Personally, I don't think a snorkel is a good idea or rather getting into a situation where you need one is not a good idea.
One benefit, if there really are any, is a snorkel offers cleaner/cooler air, which is better for the engine. It isn't only about water fording depth.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given how easy it is to remove fenders, I wonder if there will be slick snorkel+fender option available in the aftermarket. That way you don't have to drill your original panel.

I suppose you'd have to have it painted to not look weird, but the modularity of the panels does open some new ideas that aren't available for other vehicles.
Sponsored