Sponsored

I ordered the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hard top. Anyone else?

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long did it take you to get that Anderson Composite top? I have been looking at it, and the ADV top, but the nearly $1000 savings on the Anderson is tempting.
Even more if you find a dealer of theirs close enough to drive to like I did. I priced out the modular ADV with the features the Anderson one includes and the shipping to Chicago made the price difference for me over $1.5k.

I waited 6 months on it, but I ordered it day 1, I've heard of others getting theirs sooner since, but you'd probably want to check with them prior to ordering.
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting 757 days for a Bronco taught me patience. Screw being a beta tester or upfront payer for any product.

My required post in all hard top discussions.

I want a sky active one touch type top. It breaks down for shipping to the buyer and is ultimately flexible to the user.

ADV Please develop and take all my money…

Snowbatman

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wrote my own post on this earlier. I ordered in August and so will be looking at a year that I have prepaid. Only thing they say is that they would gladly refund my money. How about you figure out when paid for tops are really going to ship. Since December their site has said 8 -12 weeks, this is BS. Will they offer any benefit for those that have been lied to for months?

Tbeam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got sick of waiting for the OEM hardtop so I broke down and ordered the modular one from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts. Anybody have one yet?
I preordered last February. Checked in with them yesterday, hoping for delivery in August. Based on what I've seen in the videos, I'm optimistic. Hoping to quiet down the inside on highway drives.

Sponsored

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are moving slower than anticipated to ensure quality to be consistent
Looks like end of July, is 31st, sooooo that looks j s like middle of August in my driveway. My order was in within minutes of being able to get it in.
I'm not the least bit confident of them making the latest target date.
Can only wait and see. Top does look exceptional, hope to see the install video released soooon, iw 7 31.
Lining up free helpers to get it lifted and installed

Suzie

Outer Banks
First Name
Suzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got sick of waiting for the OEM hardtop so I broke down and ordered the modular one from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts. Anybody have one yet?
I have ordered the Advanced Fiberglass hard top modular, and all of bells and whistles. Should be here 4 to 6 weeks.

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the money up front, then we'll produce your product... hopefully. Sounds more like a Kickstarter company than an established one. lol

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just talked to them yesterday. They continue to struggle getting all the materials and they told me no tops will ship until August at the earliest. I have lost faith in these guys and have serious concerns they don’t really have this process nailed down. Producing 2 tops for commercials is one thing, mass production is another.

Eastmort

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The product looks great and appears to be far superior to the Fords MIC top. I ordered one with "all the bells and whistles" on June 1st. They quoted me 8 to 12 weeks as well when I ordered. 9 weeks to go before the timeframe expires! I'll keep you posted on any delays and on my impressions once it's on the Bronco. Fortunately, I'm in Southern California so I can pick it up at the factory so no shipping charges.

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to put down the full 100%? I thought they were waiting on rubber and it was delivered and still they are not getting the tops out? Seems to me when you are charging 3x the real price for a top you have a limited window, they should be shipping these things out. But, if they are getting 100% of the money upfront then no rush I guess just get the money and make 4-5% interest and make customers wait.
It’s group that was saying how Ford was getting rich off of the $100 reservations. 🤣😂

So many people don’t seem to understand how a product is made or how much a company has to spend to make products or how the pandemic is still affecting the supply chain from raw materials to rubber seals.

MLMELEND

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have ordered the Advanced Fiberglass hard top modular, and all of bells and whistles. Should be here 4 to 6 weeks.
We ordered ours in October of 2022 and every month the delivery has pushed out since April. Yesterday (6/27/23) I was informed that I can expect delivery in September 2023 :-(

MLMELEND

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just talked to them yesterday. They continue to struggle getting all the materials and they told me no tops will ship until August at the earliest. I have lost faith in these guys and have serious concerns they don’t really have this process nailed down. Producing 2 tops for commercials is one thing, mass production is another.
Sounds like we are all giving them an interest free loan. I am going to let mine hit the 1 year mark before I file a formal complaint. I will start with the BBB and then I will follow-up with the FTC to address the financial implications. At this point a simple refund just won't do.

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The insult to injury (and what helped solidify my decision to cancel months ago) is seeing them pass out “beta” tops to select YouTubers, and seeing their configurations with barely any options (I.e. no washer or headliner)…if you can deliver that same configuration to them, why couldn’t you start shipping the same build for other customers? We now know it’s not a rubber issue…so what’s the latest excuse? For all their Anderson Composites bashing, at least they can consistently deliver their product 🤷🏽‍♂️

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just want to add Anderson Composites top is extremely nice and its a very big company with a great track record. I know there are some differences with these two tops, but my money from day one would be going towards Anderson and when mine OEM goes south thats the choice.
Sponsored