Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i enjoy some of their content. but i do find it is very dodge/mopar/jeep favourable. i get they they may like a certain brand more, but when you are considering yourself a journalist, you need to put that favourability aside. that's why i have not subscribed to them. they pushed jeeps as well when the defender was announced.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude you know better then this to wade into the cesspool. @EvlNvrDys will be non to pleased with you haha
Exactly... How do we expect the hall monitor to be respected when he's breaking the same rules? 🤷‍♂️ kids today

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why oh why do folks leave. If you want to complain, please go back to FB.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s pretty funny. Tommy is enjoying his new Jeep, his first new vehicle, while the rest of the forum is going nuts over dealer stock, time stamps and allocations for almost a year now. Arguing when he placed his order and so on. Several members of this forum have moved on to Jeeps or other vehicles and are enjoying trails and the outdoors. There is something to be said about driving a vehicle now versus the hand wringing that has been and continues to be going on.

If you watch TFLs coverage of the Bronco since the reveal, you can see that Tommy defends the Bronco against Roman’s comments (in which he does still seem to hold a grudge which has lessened since the Ford shunning). He complements the Bronco where it’s appropriate and Jeep too. Faults both when appropriate as well. In any case, watch the videos (or don’t) and form your own opinion on what is said.

Even if Tommy is biased towards Jeep, he put his money on the vehicle that he feels works best for him and that is to be commended.

I will say that last part of the video is basically a dealer advertisement and went longer than what Doug DeMuro typically does when he borrows a car for a review. I don’t see it being all that different than what people say about Granger or Stephens though beside him or Doug having a platform which reaches a lot more users.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He'll sell it in 2023 for a Bronco. Save those pennies

Sponsored

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@TFLtruck were you paid for the Wrangler post or given financial incentives for the vehicle or content ?
It’s pretty funny. Tommy is enjoying his new Jeep, his first new vehicle, while the rest of the forum is going nuts over dealer stock, time stamps and allocations for almost a year now. Arguing when he placed his order and so on. Several members of this forum have moved on to Jeeps or other vehicles and are enjoying trails and the outdoors. There is something to be said about driving a vehicle now versus the hand wringing that has been and continues to be going on.

If you watch TFLs coverage of the Bronco since the reveal, you can see that Tommy defends the Bronco against Roman’s comments (in which he does still seem to hold a grudge which has lessened since the Ford shunning). He complements the Bronco where it’s appropriate and Jeep too. Faults both when appropriate as well. In any case, watch the videos (or don’t) and form your own opinion on what is said.

Even if Tommy is biased towards Jeep, he put his money on the vehicle that he feels works best for him and that is to be commended.

I will say that last part of the video is basically a dealer advertisement and went longer than what Doug DeMuro typically does when he borrows a car for a review. I don’t see it being all that different than what people say about Granger or Stephens though beside him or Doug having a platform which reaches a lot more users.
Very interesting point you made here.

If I can take off my reviewer hat for a second and discuss the purchasing factors more in-depth for a second.

I was, as I mentioned in the vid carefully deliberating between the two. Just as I had suspected when making a decision in April, the Bronco DOES drive better on road. It is more spacious and does bring a lot of neat features to the table (like the mirrors, the ability to order lockers across the trims etc…)

Ultimately I made my decision based on what I outlined in the vid (weight, size, soft top two door etc) but certainly availability was a big factor.

I have been following this forum closely for roughly a year now and as a consumer seeing the build date changes, the uncertainty of part availability, the shifts being made on roofs and the like was quite shocking.

Ultimately because of my decision I waited roughly 8 weeks for my perfect spec wrangler I could afford and I had a great day exploring colorado with the top down today.

If in a few years I want to try a Bronco I am fairly confident the resale value will hold strong with the Jeep as it has done very well in the past and maybe then the Bronco lines, markups and uncertainty will die down.

Until if and when that happens I am over the moon I can enjoy my open top 4x4 in person and not on paper.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I generally enjoy TFL content but, he ordered his Jeep in April so he made his decision with zero time in the seat or up close with a Bronco. A bit disingenuous to present like he made the decision just now after having experienced with Bronco in person. More like he was trying to justify a decision made months ago.
They said something similar when they were buying the defender. Ordered it before the first date of the Bronco reveal and then when it was delayed said they ordered the defender because the Bronco reveal was delayed.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TFL was one of the channels I started watching a fair amount of early on in this whole adventure. I strayed away from their content after a while for reasons mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

I’ll say this: this review actually worked in favor of my Bronco. It highlights the reasons I might consider straying in the interest of saving a few bucks then highlights why every time I get in a Jeep I find myself uninspired by the idea and proves that my choice is 100% the right one for me. The cost difference isn’t even particularly dramatic from his build to my build that I’m so much happier with. To each their own. To me, a Bronco!

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very interesting actually, I did not consider that aspect of the video to be all that confrontational as it is a fairly regular thing in the industry to speak to high ups and execs. We also mention other products on pretty much every vehicle launch, we aren’t a PR agency! If there is news relevant to a consumers decision, I do feel an obligation to report on it in a transparent way.

If you think that is crazy some journalists even contract with the OEM’s on development of new vehicles they then go on to review. That’s always blown my mind.

I appreciate the feedback though, makes me better. The goal of this vid is not to promote the Wrangler or Bronco, rather help educate consumers on the positive and negative aspects of the different products within a segment.
Hey Tommy,
1. We're on the same page here, I hope that was obvious :)
2. Congrats on the Jeep. The trim and 2k package looks damn good
3. The videos from the 3 of you have been awesome from the time I've been watching them
4. You are not going to get any reasonable or constructive criticism on this forum (or others like it) :rolleyes: where so many biased and emotionally charged commenters allow themselves to get carried away over matters that mean little or nothing

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How was he disingenuous when he clearly stated that in the video. Just like everyone else, he made his decision based on the info Ford made available. Getting seat time in the Bronco was enough to reaffirm his decision.
You don't Know Tommy very well. He is a Jeep GUY and has always been a Jeep Guy. That is not to say he does not appreciate other off road vehicles because he obviously does. He was never going to purchase a Bronco because he had already made his choice and that is where he is disingenuous. Its his money he should buy what he wants, but please don't tell me you bought a Jeep over the Bronco because you did a deep dive and Jeep came up on top. Maybe if Tommy had just said "I chose Jeep because of its SFA" it would have sounded genuine to me. Bronco never stood a chance with Tommy. Jeep never stood a chance with me and I am Okay with that. ;)

Sponsored

ibanezadam117

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
tbh you're wasting energy if you worry about what other people like instead of focusing on your likes, etc. i appreciate his reviews and perspective of the bronco - he had good things to say and that's him as a predominately jeep guy. that only reinforced my desire for the bronco.

anyway, yeah who cares it's a free country and isn't that the beauty of all of this? the jeep -bronco battle that will be had in the coming years will be epic and hopefully will spur innovation from both companies (as if ford's introduction of the bronco hasn't been just that already).

happy birthday america, love u bae, cant wait to have my bronco hopefully within a year or two

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the record, I had a very thoughtful rebuttal to this thread all planned out but it boils down to this... Someone doesn't like the Bronco!? Oh no that isn't right. His opinions aren't valid because he doesn't agree with me.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

If I can take off my reviewer hat for a second and discuss the purchasing factors more in-depth for a second.

I was, as I mentioned in the vid carefully deliberating between the two. Just as I had suspected when making a decision in April, the Bronco DOES drive better on road. It is more spacious and does bring a lot of neat features to the table (like the mirrors, the ability to order lockers across the trims etc…)

Ultimately I made my decision based on what I outlined in the vid (weight, size, soft top two door etc) but certainly availability was a big factor.

I have been following this forum closely for roughly a year now and as a consumer seeing the build date changes, the uncertainty of part availability, the shifts being made on roofs and the like was quite shocking.

Ultimately because of my decision I waited roughly 8 weeks for my perfect spec wrangler I could afford and I had a great day exploring colorado with the top down today.

If in a few years I want to try a Bronco I am fairly confident the resale value will hold strong with the Jeep as it has done very well in the past and maybe then the Bronco lines, markups and uncertainty will die down.

Until if and when that happens I am over the moon I can enjoy my open top 4x4 in person and not on paper.
no issues with this whatsoever...just remember how much power you do have..those whom have power have great responsibility. Thanks.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For the record, I had a very thoughtful rebuttal to this thread all planned out but it boils down to this... Someone doesn't like the Bronco!? Oh no that isn't right. His opinions aren't valid because he doesn't agree with me.
you obviously did not read the thread...it boils down to Tommy not being so flippant with his reviews and confusing them with his personal choices..like my "dog needs wind blowing in his face"...GTFOH. Nobody cares if he bought a jeep, I assumed he had a couple...don't get it twisted!

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I would have rather seen a video explaining this...more clear..not a big deal..you made it clear. I hope we did also.. I will still enjoy your videos but please be a bit more careful on timing and the like. If you are serious about not being viewed just a jeep puppet. If not keep on keeping on! It is a nice truck, I did learn something in the video as well. Again, I don't care if you prefer any vehicle.
Sponsored