First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious how many of you plan on maintaining and keeping your new 6 gen Ford Bronco for the long haul 30+ years/forever?

Or do more of you plan on trading in every 5 years or so for the new model Bronco or possibly something else?
I think it depends on what trim you bought and how extensively it is used. I got an outer banks with 2.3L. I feel somehow should got a 2.7L and advanced 4x4 . Maybe I would like to just upgrade a little bit and keep it forever.
Sponsored

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cannot imagine this thing will last for me (another 20-30 years, I’m 50). I love the idea of it, I like driving it, it has more weak points being exposed every other week. I do think my 2016 Rubicon is a forever vehicle. But I have my doubts on this badlands. T

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I initially thought that it would be a keeper, ordered exactly what I wanted. The electronics side of things has me questioning if that is wise. I never once said to myself "I wish I had that laptop I had 10 years ago". It is an expensive toy. Ask me again in a year or so.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was offered thru my dealer (Korum Ford, Puyallup, WA).. would have to look at the paperwork to find who underwrites it.. but if I remember right, it was an offering the dealership put together themselves.
Oh a dealer warranty. Gotcha.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I initially thought that it would be a keeper, ordered exactly what I wanted. The electronics side of things has me questioning if that is wise. I never once said to myself "I wish I had that laptop I had 10 years ago". It is an expensive toy. Ask me again in a year or so.
Pretty much all newer vehicles have electronics. As long as it's taken care I don't see it being as issue. When something breaks have it fixed. Everything looks pretty easy to get to.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BRO, JUDGING BY THE NUMBER OF TESLAS, MACH-E's, ETC ON THE ROAD, A LOT, BRO.
I love all my electric vehicles, they're great fun to drive around in the backyard and sometimes inside over cardboard boxes and random things or chasing cats or the neighbor's dog away. Most of the time I fly my little electric planes or quads though.

huck2080

Black Diamond
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
don't hate me I think if they did a V8 or a diesel I might switch up but im keeping this 2DR for awhile , owned my last super duty for almost 17 years

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given the emotional damage, pain, and suffering I had to endure as a 6g July 2020 order; I plan on keeping it forever.

MJ12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious how many of you plan on maintaining and keeping your new 6 gen Ford Bronco for the long haul 30+ years/forever?

Or do more of you plan on trading in every 5 years or so for the new model Bronco or possibly something else?
Sure... it's my WAITING FOREVER ONE. Still waiting on my day 7 pre order

Sponsored

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, when it comes to autos, life is too short. There are too many interesting autos out there to own and drive. Next up: the Ineos Grenadier…

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, when it comes to autos, life is too short. There are too many interesting autos out there to own and drive. Next up: the Ineos Grenadier…
You would really rather an Ineos Grenadier than the Ford Bronco? Not me.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would really rather an Ineos Grenadier than the Ford Bronco? Not me.
I’ve owned two and four-door Monteros / Pajero’s, a Land Rover Disco II and now own a Badlands. Drove Army HMWWVs, deuce and half’s and 5-ton trucks. I want to try a Grenadier next and see what that truck is all about.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bought mine at age 55 and it’s the only new vehicle I ever bought, I plan on keeping mine forever, as I know its provenance and maintenance record. I never had anything like that before.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am mid 50’s. Back then an engine could be replaced. Wait 15 years and try and replace Hugh amounts of technology in vehicles that are no longer supported. We are talking about two different things.
Tech is cheap to fix. It's not that big of a deal.

The reason someone would say goodbye to a car is power train or engine failure. Much harder and pricer to fix.
Sponsored