Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you! As I didn’t find the thread. Still would like the input in how they do.
I returned my fab tec ones with the uniball that has LESS available angle than the OEM ones do....the icons with their ultra delt joint pro is the best setup by far and has the MOST available angle of anything in production so far.
Obviously racers know this and build the custom A-arms with uniball 90 degrees so that bolt is horizontal and not vertical, then there is ZERO bind because the pivot point that is used, IS the radius of the bolt... ICONs are on my list, but I honestly think I'll wait and get a +3 setup upper and lower arms instead.
Did receive my roc-joc upper rear axle joints this week, stoked to get them installed this weekend and see if that frees up any rear articulation....
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My shocks showed up today and I got the rears in. Hopefully I'll get the fronts and UCAs in tomorrow.

King's as-delivered next to factory Big Bend Hitachi rear:
PXL_20220803_192052268.jpg

There were no instructions, so this is how the resi mounts go in back. Much easier installing before the shock:
PXL_20220803_202454588.jpg

PXL_20220803_201943426.jpg

PXL_20220803_202004060.jpg
Thank you so much, I've been waiting for these real customer reports before I buy, since I'm not handy enough to install my own shocks and would pay a shop to install.

What I hope you report is how they are to drive . . . Not only on off-road, where I'm sure they'll excell, but on the highway where I spend most of my time. How are they at 65 mph or 75 mph compared to the OEM Hitachi? Harsher? Smoother? Also round town? Thanks much, those look nice, too!

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you so much, I've been waiting for these real customer reports before I buy, since I'm not handy enough to install my own shocks and would pay a shop to install.

What I hope you report is how they are to drive . . . Not only on off-road, where I'm sure they'll excell, but on the highway where I spend most of my time. How are they at 65 mph or 75 mph compared to the OEM Hitachi? Harsher? Smoother? Also round town? Thanks much, those look nice, too!
I've never looked so forward to railroad tracks before in my life. 🤣

I also have no idea what the adjusters are set to. 😆 I drove about 90 miles today hoping to start the settling process while getting groceries (I live in BFE). On regular cracks below like 35, they're very similar to the Hitachi's, but not as harsh. On the freeway they're much smoother. Not mushy "luxoboat" driving on a cloud, but they take the bite out of bad roads.

If they get better from here, I'm going to be delighted. I'm already happy with the purchase.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never looked so forward to railroad tracks before in my life. 🤣

I also have no idea what the adjusters are set to. 😆 I drove about 90 miles today hoping to start the settling process while getting groceries (I live in BFE). On regular cracks below like 35, they're very similar to the Hitachi's, but not as harsh. On the freeway they're much smoother. Not mushy "luxoboat" driving on a cloud, but they take the bite out of bad roads.

If they get better from here, I'm going to be delighted. I'm already happy with the purchase.
Wow. Thanks.

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to know if you notice any "Spring" noise, I did a front coil over conversion (With Kings)on my 2007 JKU and could constantly hear the boing boing sound at low speed

Sponsored
OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to know if you notice any "Spring" noise, I did a front coil over conversion (With Kings)on my 2007 JKU and could constantly hear the boing boing sound at low speed
Your post made me think of the Eminem song doing doing doing. 🤣

There's no noise at all out of them at any speed.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with Icon tubular steel and Delta joint Pro (not sure if there's a non-pro Bronco UCA? 🤷🏻‍♂️ ). 5 year warranty sold me on that one.

I've been contemplating what to do with the ass end's link set up. Does it really need fixing for my trail use? Am I not getting the articulation I should due to the rubber bushings?

I'm only sitting about where a SAS suspension would be, and don't plan on going any higher (I like my 35's).

When I get the King's settled in and put it on the alignment rack will determine what's next. For now, I'm not ordering any more parts. lol
I’ll be curious how you like the Icon UCAs. They’d be my choice too at some point.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great install. I have the Bronco King's 2.5 on my Badlands.
I had to have my off road shop install mine then went to Ford for alignment. For those of us without the skills, time or ambition to self install I paid $475 for the install plus I had to have an alignment after.

Just had them installed a few last week and went off roading on a 25 mile loop of old mountain fire trails with some washed out ruts and rocks. The King's performed great. The trail I took was on is very similar to the higher speed trails at Nevada Off -Roadeo. I noticed their Badlands SAS would bottom out and I exceeded the suspensions limits a few times. (At Off-Roadeo, I was the lead Bronco so our instructor let me drive faster than typical.)

I knew after my Off Roadeo trip, I needed to upgrade the shocks or live with slowing down...My set up with the King's on a similar trail to Off Roadeo this weekend while driving faster, I never felt like I was even close to the limit of the shocks. On small chop they are very smooth, but on the big whoops or washouts I found they excel.
Looking forward to trying them on higher speed desert runs, just waiting for cooler weather. But even on switch back mountain pass trails where you can get up to 40mph, the shocks make a noticeable difference. Noticeably a lot more comfortable off road and when the rut pops up in-front of you, you just soak it up.

On-Road,,, A little stiffer than stock BL SAS shocks, but in a good way. Not hash, just noticed less body roll and overall stiffness had a slight increase. But off-road they had the bronco performing at a noticlby high level and gave me way more confidence.

I had the adjuster on the King's set in the middle of the range.

DSCF1864[57].png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ll be curious how you like the Icon UCAs. They’d be my choice too at some point.
They're very well made and fit perfectly.

The Delta joint zerk being under a double-sided adhesive cap (which is laser etched heavy anodized aluminum - high quality!) is the only thing I don't like about them.

The zerks on the pivots are easy to access and the bushings feature nice deep grease grooves.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BigMeatsBronco had the fabtech upper arms with a uniball. The uniball cup was the limiting factor with his setup. The icons on the OP's bronco have the delta joint, which is basically a hybrid between a uniball and ball joint. It's a high angled heavy duty ball joint.
I believe they include a rebuildable ball joint. Most "High-Angle" ball joints are multipiece rebuildable.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your post made me think of the Eminem song doing doing doing. 🤣

There's no noise at all out of them at any speed.
Made me think of Beavis and Butthead 🤣🤣

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can someone weigh in on an assumption I've had...

First, I did not go Sasquatch because: 1) I knew I'd want either King or Fox suspension within 6-12 months, 2) I knew I would not want to keep the wheels/tires that come on the Sas vehicles, 3) MGV option was a must for me.

That said, I've been eyeing up the Fox and King options but have been curious, I presume the "lift" numbers mentioned are relative to non-Sas (base suspension) vehicles? I don't really see this called out anywhere and just wanted to confirm.

For now I have a 2" ReadyLift on there with aftermarket wheels and 35" tires.

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can someone weigh in on an assumption I've had...

First, I did not go Sasquatch because: 1) I knew I'd want either King or Fox suspension within 6-12 months, 2) I knew I would not want to keep the wheels/tires that come on the Sas vehicles, 3) MGV option was a must for me.

That said, I've been eyeing up the Fox and King options but have been curious, I presume the "lift" numbers mentioned are relative to non-Sas (base suspension) vehicles? I don't really see this called out anywhere and just wanted to confirm.

For now I have a 2" ReadyLift on there with aftermarket wheels and 35" tires.
Given how much longer the King's are over the Hitachi's, I think they're based on the Sasquatch original height which is 1-1/16" (iirc) taller than non.

I'm still early in the break-in process and sitting very high.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had Kings installed for about a month now and the ride changed night and day. I did the fronts first and took me way longer than expected so I had to install the rears the following weekend. During the week, I had kings up front and Sasquatch shocks in the rear and going over bumps was a huge difference. The front would be soft and plush with the compression adjustor set to middle setting. When the rears came across the same bump, the whole car would shake pretty rough.

A week later I installed the rears and the ride is now amazing. Still fine tuning the compression for on road. Still need some time to adjust for offroad.
Sponsored