First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All that research is done with the last 40 years or so of CJ, TJ, JK, JL buyers. But why is it important to know that?

Be happy with yourself, then there’s no need to divide everything up like that. We all make very similar decisions if we are faced with the same circumstances. It’s our circumstances that are different.
Dream, plan, execute, be happy. Nobody is shooting at us.
Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me. Just a guy being realistic with himself about his needs for the vehicle. I own a JL and the most offroading I've done with it so far has been oversanding while on vacation. Don't really need much to do that aside from airing down and better-than-a-car clearance (though I did witness some guys get a Buick sedan out on the sand one time lol).

Also, I'm not really a fan of the nanny systems and I've never owned a car with leather seats or much in ways of interior refinement. I wish I could get a Bronco with crank windows just like the JL, actually.

So, yea. A Base is where it's at for me. If I end up wanting to use it for more than oversand and winter snow, there are still plenty of things I can do to it to make it worthy for any offroading I'd likely be doing around these parts. Just like with my JL, it's not worth it for me to dump 10-20k into options that I'll never use. That's a lot of money, and it's is better saved or spent on my family's needs.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With all the stressing out over trim levels, options, packages, unavailability of this or that combination, etc., some small fraction of the population is going to purchase and enjoy "zero option" Base Broncos.

What demographic will go that route?
- Rental companies catering to an "off-road adventure experience"?
- Old tightwad curmudgeons?
- Parents giving one to their college kid?
- You?
- Me?
Single or married Peasant. Both apply.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all the stressing out over trim levels, options, packages, unavailability of this or that combination, etc., some small fraction of the population is going to purchase and enjoy "zero option" Base Broncos.

What demographic will go that route?
- Rental companies catering to an "off-road adventure experience"?
- Parents giving one to their college kid?
- You?
- Me?
Zero-At $195 why would not at least get Aux Switches?

OP
OP
KH_59

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a BaseSquatch for the things that are more costly to upgrade later. After that, I will build it out like I want. For the cost of a package that includes a bunch of stuff I don't want, I can get just the options I want aftermarket. And with a better selection. In the end I can build the Bronco I want and it won't look like 1000 other Broncos out there.
BaseSquatch isn't a "zero option Base Bronco".

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am interested in the Bronco for what it is, a mid size SUV designed to be taken off road and beat around town with the doors and top off. Real men will drive base, scrape the fire out of the sides and everything else as we squeeze down old trails to shoot wild game and toss it's bloody carcass in the back when it's time to go home. When it's date night I will pull out my Sedan, when it's road trip time I will pull out the Denali. Baseproud. Base is the essential bronco. Haters gonna hate, base is the only bronco worth the money. Don't forget, it is the "essential bronco". And yes I have curmudgeon bloodline, we were here long before Columbus.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Zero-At $195 why would not at least get Aux Switches?
Because I can easily wire a $7 switch myself...

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm most likely going BaseSquatch and that alone has more than enough bells and whistles for this basic bitch.

My DD right now has crank windows, no AC and just a basic CD/AM/FM radio. Base Bronco will be the Millennium Falcon in comparison.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Base base was never on the table for me.

1895 for a proven and well supported motor/trans was a no brained to me.

and no rear locker....BB is 5k for tinted windows to get the locker, might as well squatch the base for about the same...38k

but the BD I could get the 2.7, mid package, locker and MGV at 42k...or squatch for 46k..

maybe I do need the extra month to figure this out lol

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Barbie mobile! See kids changing the wheels to some aftermarket something's! Perfect run around topless go getter! Def alot of rental companies. Dealer fleet!!
Sponsored