Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bronco "leather" is about 5% leather and 95% vinyl. No worries top down.
If you can find the armor all leather cleaner, conditioner. I have used it on my corvette for 7 years and it still looks brand new and I always have the top down when I drive it.
Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people that I know that have their Bronco went with HIGH package MGV seating. I love mine. Only thing I am not 100% thrilled with are the windows. The way they have to lower themselves to open the doors. Concerned about the wear and tear on the upper rubber seal. I hold my door shut, pull on the handle, let the windows drop, then open the door.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that most people will really like the interior, especially if you have high package or higher. I like the interior a lot... It has nice angles and a unique utilitarian look, which helps me forget that the materials are mostly all plastics. I think there is some vinyl (for my trim) on the doors. The materials in my Jeep Gladiator Mojave were a lot better, but I like the Bronco interior better overall.

Last edited:

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A general summary:
  • Looks good
  • Scratches ridiculously easy
  • Easy to clean
  • Ergonomics are great, seats are comfy.
  • Good amount of interior space
  • Not a ton of storage
  • Surfaces are hard touch points. If you want soft, look elsewhere.
On our road trip back from Moab (a little over 5 hours each way), my wife said "I like this better than the Lexus". I traded in a 2011 GX460 for the Bronco. I have a Badlands/High trim. There doesn't seem like there would be a ton of variation of interior "feel", regardless of trim line. It's built the way it's built.

Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thanks. I really need to see it in person I guess. Are you saying itā€™s nicer than a Kia?
For $60k+ it better be nicer then a bloody Kia. Although as I say this, my in-laws Telluride is a pretty nice little SUV. Got some nice options and the leather is holding up better then my son's Escape . . . It was also $48k+, a lot more then the Escape.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the biggest thing you need to ask yourself is whether you plan to use it off-road with the top down and the doors off. Since you are buying an Outer Banks, Iā€™m assuming that off-road use is not a primary objective for you. However, if it is something you may dabble in, just be aware of what trail dust will do to the interior of an open topped vehicle.

See below for pics of my Bronco following a trail run a couple of weekends agoā€¦

E7788992-5FAB-4590-932C-62347C722CBF.jpeg
45B0A33C-F897-4D50-BD3C-70915597970E.jpeg
AD86EA0F-C3CF-4FC7-808F-4987A24710E6.jpeg
E682AE21-BC58-46DE-9C41-660E2E520EA0.jpeg
BD9017C3-AD7E-456C-84F0-E7532F287C98.jpeg

If those kinds of adventures are in your future, you should consider your interior choices from a cleaning perspective (e.g., MGV/washout vs. cloth or leather). If not, then let your other objectives guide your decision.

Either way, Iā€™m sure you will be happy with your decision, as long as you are realistic about your expectations. Hopefully you get scheduled soon. (y)
Hey I know that look.
I have to clean mine heavily every weekend.
At first I was all about factory-fresh looking insides, pondering the best of the best of products to use.
Now I take a water hose to that beast after blowing it out with compressed air.
Then wipe it all down from top to bottom (your rag and water will get dirty).
Then take an interior/plastic dressing product and shine it all back up.
Then repeat the same shenanigans the following weekend, loving the doors off an top down on a trail.
Then remembering what a PITA it is to clean afterwards, thankful I have no carpet or cloth seats to trap all that dirt and dust.

Benzito

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2022 OBX is being built soon and Iā€™ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know itā€™s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. Iā€™m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesnā€™t feel sturdy at all. Iā€™m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime Iā€™d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

Not looking for the ā€œitā€™s an off road what do you expect?ā€ comments.
Buy her a nice leather purse from Coach and she won't care about the interior.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Buy her a nice leather purse from Coach and she won't care about the interior.
Hahahaa. She buys all that stuff herself, stole my Tesla she swore she wouldnā€™t like and still has the audacity to question the bronco lol

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like my Lux package with leather seats. Other than the awful gauge cluster, the biggest disappointment is how easily the plastics get scratched. Buy the the one with all of the options you want. Getting something less will leave you wishing you had.

Sponsored

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ve had 2 BMWs, 2 Acuras and bought the OBX w lux and leather. Iā€™m satisfied. Elements of hard surfaces inside might seem cheap, but overall like the comfort, location of controls and seating. Ride is better than I expected. I share concerns mentioned on long term viability of auto window retraction when doors open. But guess Ford will fix if a problem. I built a DIY 5ā€ storage platform similar to what you can see here to make a level sleeping platform and got Solo sleep pads

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve had 2 BMWs, 2 Acuras and bought the OBX w lux and leather. Iā€™m satisfied. Elements of hard surfaces inside might seem cheap, but overall like the comfort, location of controls and seating. Ride is better than I expected. I share concerns mentioned on long term viability of auto window retraction when doors open. But guess Ford will fix if a problem. I built a DIY 5ā€ storage platform similar to what you can see here to make a level sleeping platform and got Solo sleep pads
Which top do you have? Is wind noise an issue?

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MIC, and yes more noise than inside my Tacoma TRD, but this rides better than Tacoma. Most of my driving is city/mountains. I drove bronco from PA where I bought, and I could hear radio fine. But if I was on the highway a lot it might become an issue?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's loaded with cheap plastics that scratch easily but they don't seem brittle or anything like that. You could always get Katskin leather installed for the seats as they make a very nice kit. I think the important part was that you opted for high package as the dash was made for a 12 inch screen, it just feels right.

With all that said I absolutely love the interior of my Badlands with the mgv and rubber flooring. It is not supposed to be a Telluride or a GX460.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2022 OBX is being built soon and Iā€™ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know itā€™s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. Iā€™m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesnā€™t feel sturdy at all. Iā€™m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime Iā€™d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

Not looking for the ā€œitā€™s an off road what do you expect?ā€ comments.
I for one think the interior is a home run. I love the straight across cowl design, doesn't look like every other jellybean interior on the road. Look at the photos, that is what you get. To me it looks fantastic especially at night. That said if you are expecting a plushy soft touch interior you might be happier with a Lexus. Not me! The other day I was behind a Porsche Cayenne -- couldn't help entertain the thought, would I trade? Despite being a lowly Base, heck NO.
Sponsored