First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2022 OBX is being built soon and I’ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know it’s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. I’m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesn’t feel sturdy at all. I’m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime I’d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

Not looking for the “it’s an off road what do you expect?” comments.
i have the 12" screen and I agree certainly with the utilitarian comments BUT i find it to be the best designed and laid out interiors i've had. things are where they belong, they work every time and there are buttons and switches that give the proper feedback so you dont need to take your eyes off the road. A leather-wrapped touch screen that doesnt work the way it should and is a major distraction- the Luxury ends in the showroom.
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's loaded with cheap plastics that scratch easily but they don't seem brittle or anything like that. You could always get Katskin leather installed for the seats as they make a very nice kit. I think the important part was that you opted for high package as the dash was made for a 12 inch screen, it just feels right.

With all that said I absolutely love the interior of my Badlands with the mgv and rubber flooring. It is not supposed to be a Telluride or a GX460.
I think a lot of people think 8" is plenty and 12" is too big.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco interior is definitely not as high quality as my Tacoma interior. Both are utilitarian obviously but the grade of the plastics/materials in the Toyota is noticeably better than the Ford. I do think the Outer Banks cloth interior is about as good as you are going to get though on a Bronco. I sat in the marine grade vinyl and both standard/OBX cloth back to back the other day and I definitely like the feel of the cloth better. Leather is nice but seems kind of out of place given the quality of the rest of the interior, IMO.

In my experience, Ford tends to be behind most other brands when it comes to interior quality. Would I care more if it were an Explorer? yes. On a Bronco? not as much but I also built a $40k Big Bend... if I were spending another $5-10k it would probably start to bother me.

Last edited:

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I will start with a disclaimer that I have not yet taken ownership, these are my thoughts based on a few test drives I have done. (Yes, a few… I kept forgetting how much I loved it and had to go drive them at different dealerships and was instantly reminded each time)

I think it helps when you know a bit about someones reason for ordering/what they plan to use it for when you read their review, so here is my Bronco story so to speak. I am a female in my early-mid 20’s, currently drive a Fusion Titanium. I started wanting to switch to an SUV, and my husband and I will be starting a family soon. My only gripe with this idea was the lack of “exciting” SUV options. I am firm against any of the typical “mom” cars out there, I only wanted to purchase something that excited me. I also knew I did not want a 3rd row vehicle. So the hunt, and test drives began. Pretty sure I test drove every SUV there is under 60k. Kinda hated all of them, including the more luxury brands like Audi, and BMW. My gripe with the luxury options was the overly cushy, obscure buttons and options I would never use, ect. I wanted something with a cleaner more streamlined interior, while still having a nice size touch screen. It came down to the new Jeep Grand Cherokee. I liked it, but it wasnt love. So I drug my feet ordering one. Up to this point, I was under the impression that Broncos were 65k+ because I was only looking at on the lot pricing. Once I learned you could order one for much less, I test drove one, and ordered on the spot.

My initial impressions: Obviously loved the looks. The interior was very impressive to me. To my eye, it does have a luxury look, while still being practical and streamlined. Maybe its that 12” screen, but man I think it looks awesome inside. Driving it is fun as hell. Plain and simple. Couldn't stop smiling.

I ordered a Cactus Grey 4dr MiC top OBX with High Package and Leather. Other than adding lux, I think I got the most “luxury” bronco you can order. I will be using it as a daily driver, and eventual family hauler. Up to this point, my ONLY very small concern is the cabin noise. (Which I dont remember being an issue when I test drove, but lots of people mention it being loud). However, I am willing to try some DIYs to minimize that.

My take on it: There is nothing out there that will quite give you the same feeling as driving the Bronco. If you are looking for something that is fully capable, exciting to drive, and a head turner, it will probably work great. If your most important criteria is a Luxury, Cush feel with soft touch everything and more bells and whistles than youll probably ever use, its not that.

Well, Thats my very long take on it, and Im sure you are probably starting to figure out where you stand on it since there are some great responses here 😊

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most people that I know that have their Bronco went with HIGH package MGV seating. I love mine. Only thing I am not 100% thrilled with are the windows. The way they have to lower themselves to open the doors. Concerned about the wear and tear on the upper rubber seal. I hold my door shut, pull on the handle, let the windows drop, then open the door.
I agree with you on that, its about the only complaint I have.

Sponsored
OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I will start with a disclaimer that I have not yet taken ownership, these are my thoughts based on a few test drives I have done. (Yes, a few… I kept forgetting how much I loved it and had to go drive them at different dealerships and was instantly reminded each time)

I think it helps when you know a bit about someones reason for ordering/what they plan to use it for when you read their review, so here is my Bronco story so to speak. I am a female in my early-mid 20’s, currently drive a Fusion Titanium. I started wanting to switch to an SUV, and my husband and I will be starting a family soon. My only gripe with this idea was the lack of “exciting” SUV options. I am firm against any of the typical “mom” cars out there, I only wanted to purchase something that excited me. I also knew I did not want a 3rd row vehicle. So the hunt, and test drives began. Pretty sure I test drove every SUV there is under 60k. Kinda hated all of them, including the more luxury brands like Audi, and BMW. My gripe with the luxury options was the overly cushy, obscure buttons and options I would never use, ect. I wanted something with a cleaner more streamlined interior, while still having a nice size touch screen. It came down to the new Jeep Grand Cherokee. I liked it, but it wasnt love. So I drug my feet ordering one. Up to this point, I was under the impression that Broncos were 65k+ because I was only looking at on the lot pricing. Once I learned you could order one for much less, I test drove one, and ordered on the spot.

My initial impressions: Obviously loved the looks. The interior was very impressive to me. To my eye, it does have a luxury look, while still being practical and streamlined. Maybe its that 12” screen, but man I think it looks awesome inside. Driving it is fun as hell. Plain and simple. Couldn't stop smiling.

I ordered a Cactus Grey 4dr MiC top OBX with High Package and Leather. Other than adding lux, I think I got the most “luxury” bronco you can order. I will be using it as a daily driver, and eventual family hauler. Up to this point, my ONLY very small concern is the cabin noise. (Which I dont remember being an issue when I test drove, but lots of people mention it being loud). However, I am willing to try some DIYs to minimize that.

My take on it: There is nothing out there that will quite give you the same feeling as driving the Bronco. If you are looking for something that is fully capable, exciting to drive, and a head turner, it will probably work great. If your most important criteria is a Luxury, Cush feel with soft touch everything and more bells and whistles than youll probably ever use, its not that.

Well, Thats my very long take on it, and Im sure you are probably starting to figure out where you stand on it since there are some great responses here 😊
thank you!

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Compared to my fullsize Range Rover, It feels cheap and the interior pieces don’t fit together very well. That said, I love it! My wife drives a Range Rover sport HSE and was surprised at how comfortable the bronco was. She was expecting something my like my old Jeep or 1967 Bronco.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2022 OBX is being built soon and I’ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know it’s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. I’m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesn’t feel sturdy at all. I’m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime I’d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

I have the OBX with the Lux Package and Roast Cloth Interior. I was very pleased when I picked it up. The only problem (which I solved) was the wind noise from the crappy hard top seals. The interior doesn't feel "high end", but it feels appropriate for the vehicle and doesn't disappoint in many ways. I think high end is a leather covered dash, like in my Ferrari, but would that really lend itself to off-roading? Not so much, the Ford interior doesn't feel cheap, and best of all it comes apart easily for doing upgrades and whatnot. The interior feels reasonably sturdy. If you are anywhere in Texas, come play with mine.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the OBX with the Lux Package and Roast Cloth Interior. I was very pleased when I picked it up. The only problem (which I solved) was the wind noise from the crappy hard top seals. The interior doesn't feel "high end", but it feels appropriate for the vehicle and doesn't disappoint in many ways. I think high end is a leather covered dash, like in my Ferrari, but would that really lend itself to off-roading? Not so much, the Ford interior doesn't feel cheap, and best of all it comes apart easily for doing upgrades and whatnot. The interior feels reasonably sturdy. If you are anywhere in Texas, come play with mine.

Appreciate the offer but I'm stuck in CA

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The plastic seems fine to me, I don't know where or how people are scratching it up.

What I would avoid is black seats - which is the only color for leather Ford offers. I'd stick with the cloth and if you don't like it you can get aftermarket leather in any color you want for relatively the same price as the factory leather.

Black seat in a convertible is brutal. I have a few gripes with an otherwise great vehicle, but black only leather with no cooling is the biggest oversight Ford made on this. (And don't tell me its so the interior can be washed out - I have a Badlands with MGV, and no you can't just take a hose to it. The best you can call it is spill proof.)

Sponsored
OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The plastic seems fine to me, I don't know where or how people are scratching it up.

What I would avoid is black seats - which is the only color for leather Ford offers. I'd stick with the cloth and if you don't like it you can get aftermarket leather in any color you want for relatively the same price as the factory leather.

Black seat in a convertible is brutal. I have a few gripes with an otherwise great vehicle, but black only leather with no cooling is the biggest oversight Ford made on this. (And don't tell me its so the interior can be washed out - I have a Badlands with MGV, and no you can't just take a hose to it. The best you can call it is spill proof.)
agreed. I’ve read a lot of complaints about the leather seats getting scorching hot with the top off. I saw a nice MGV cover on one of the YouTube channels. Pricey though. It was like 2K but it’s a def option.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
don't fart on the seats , it will blow a hole in them ! :ROFLMAO:
just order katskin leather and be done with it

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
agreed. I’ve read a lot of complaints about the leather seats getting scorching hot with the top off. I saw a nice MGV cover on one of the YouTube channels. Pricey though. It was like 2K but it’s a def option.
$2k is the factory cost for black leather, hence why I gave MGV a shot. Now I can take that 2k and get any color leather I want - and even get ventilation installed.