Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume it will be the updated -E transmission, however I have no way of verifying this. It's highly unlikely Ford is shipping any more -A transmissions.

The latest I can see shows this for the new MB3Z-7003-E transmission

Line NumberDateMerchandiser Remarks
1FILL EM-ORDS FROM: YU HCCS UPON RECEIPT
2CAUSAL DESCRIPTN1: X7 COMPONENT PART SHORTAGE
3CAUSAL DESCRIPTN2: W2
460723271 PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER BY 07/03
56072302PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT BACKORDER DEPOTS BY 06/12
66072348PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER BY 07/21
76072376PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER ETA ,TBD
860723215PCS T BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER , ETA TBD
But to confirm it is the updated version, he should be able to look at the tag which would read MB3Z-7003-AB correct?
Sponsored

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would assume it will be the updated -E transmission, however I have no way of verifying this. It's highly unlikely Ford is shipping any more -A transmissions.

The latest I can see shows this for the new MB3Z-7003-E transmission

Line NumberDateMerchandiser Remarks
1FILL EM-ORDS FROM: YU HCCS UPON RECEIPT
2CAUSAL DESCRIPTN1: X7 COMPONENT PART SHORTAGE
3CAUSAL DESCRIPTN2: W2
460723271 PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER BY 07/03
56072302PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT BACKORDER DEPOTS BY 06/12
66072348PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER BY 07/21
76072376PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER ETA ,TBD
860723215PCS T BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER , ETA TBD
The 7/3 date and number lines up with what the service advisor told me, so I think I'll stop worrying haha. Thanks for posting all the info and being so helpful.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But to confirm it is the updated version, he should be able to look at the tag which would read MB3Z-7003-AB correct?
Yes once it arrives if it shows AB on the transmission tag (or the dealership says it is -E for the service part number) it is the updated transmission.

Sthomas52

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 21 Escape, 22 Bronco Badlands Sasqu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if I overlooked this, but what is determining whether someone gets replacement rings vs a new transmission? Mine goes back in on Monday for them to look at the shifting issue that started after they replaced my rings...

Sponsored

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if I overlooked this, but what is determining whether someone gets replacement rings vs a new transmission? Mine goes back in on Monday for them to look at the shifting issue that started after they replaced my rings...
I'm my case, I think it was because the TSB at the time only said 2021-2022.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The TSB should be performed on every one of them now that 2023 is included.

The only exception would be if additional damage is found internally while completing the TSB. Then the TSB would no longer apply. At that point a full assembly could potentially be the repair.

Twilly7

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got word that my 22 Badlands MT is going to have the TSB done, and they corrected me saying it is now TSB 23-2019. I was surprised after keeping up with this forum for all this time that they knew something I didn’t. But was grateful to see the update listed on here as well. Thrilled to get this taken care of.

They also said that the parts are not nearly as backordered as I would have thought. Should be done in the next couple weeks!

They’re letting me take it home today and bring it back once all the parts are in. I will double check the parts numbers when they get here, just in case.

Selfishly I’m glad I waited to have it done until it seemed like there was an actual fix… However, I am very grateful for those of you who have had your bronco in the shop for months and months just so that Ford knew it was an issue and did something about it. Let me say it again, to those of you who have suffered so I didn’t have to.

THANK YOU!

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just so everyone is aware..

Ford has updated the TSB for the rotational scraping noise to include 2023MY and also has updated the parts list to include the updated MU7Z-7107-D synchronizer rings.

Their note in the TSB..

NOTE: New 5th and 6th gear synchronizer rings are now available with an improved design to correct the rotational scraping noise. Upon receiving the synchronizer rings, check for engineering part number MU7R-7101-GA or later which will be stamped on the rings.
Has this been working? I checked out the shared google doc and only 3 people have found a true resolution. Thanks

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has this been working? I checked out the shared google doc and only 3 people have found a true resolution. Thanks
I don’t think that doc is ever updated. The guy that made it was a clown and has since been banned. From what we’ve seen so far, the updated parts seem to be working for everyone so far.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just so everyone is aware..

Ford has updated the TSB for the rotational scraping noise to include 2023MY and also has updated the parts list to include the updated MU7Z-7107-D synchronizer rings.

Their note in the TSB..

NOTE: New 5th and 6th gear synchronizer rings are now available with an improved design to correct the rotational scraping noise. Upon receiving the synchronizer rings, check for engineering part number MU7R-7101-GA or later which will be stamped on the rings.
thanks for posting this!

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry to ask something that may have already been discussed. Has Ford mentioned if there was any kind "build date switchover" where new 2023 models are already built with the updated parts/synchros?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to ask something that may have already been discussed. Has Ford mentioned if there was any kind "build date switchover" where new 2023 models are already built with the updated parts/synchros?
No but you can confirm which you have by looking at the tag on the transmission. If it ends in AB, you have the latest revision.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just picked up my Bronco, April 18 build and I lucked out with the new transmission.

Almost 1800 miles so far and no noticeable noise. Coldest days were a couple of mornings in the 50's now it won't see below 70 for a while.

It's been a while since I did the trail ride and test drive, but it does seem "stiffer" and 5th is slightly hard to engage at times. Otherwise no issues of concern and I hope it stays that way!

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound broncotrans
Sponsored