Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reporting in from GA where it is now really cold. I had my transmission rebuilt with I believe D revision parts at about 5,000 miles. First reported issue at about 800 miles. With the cold weather I’ve noticed the rotational scraping return but at this time I’d say to a much quieter and less prolonged extent. I believe it goes away when fully warmed up unlike before.

I’ll live with it for now and report it if progresses.
Sponsored

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reporting in from GA where it is now really cold. I had my transmission rebuilt with I believe D revision parts at about 5,000 miles. First reported issue at about 800 miles. With the cold weather I’ve noticed the rotational scraping return but at this time I’d say to a much quieter and less prolonged extent. I believe it goes away when fully warmed up unlike before.

I’ll live with it for now and report it if progresses.
(n)(n):cry:

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is a Georgian's definition of really cold? :rolleyes:
It’s been reaching 30F and below the last 3 evenings which I consider really cold for GA this time of year and more importantly below the 50F threshold where this issue seems to make itself known.

But I get it, being a GA transplant and Northerner myself you can feel free to drop your “you don’t know cold-lake-effect-jet-engine-windchill” story in the comments below to express your frosted breath of knowledge on all things cold.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been reaching 30F and below the last 3 evenings which I consider really cold for GA this time of year and more importantly below the 50F threshold where this issue seems to make itself known.

But I get it, being a GA transplant and Northerner myself you can feel free to drop your “you don’t know cold-lake-effect-jet-engine-windchill” story in the comments below to express your frosted breath of knowledge on all things cold.
30F is plenty cold. Surprised it was that low in GA. We hit 26F Halloween night which was the coldest since last winter.

Sorry to hear the D rings aren't a lot better than the originals. Time will tell I guess. Do let everyone know how you make out over time.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

30F is plenty cold. Surprised it was that low in GA. We hit 26F Halloween night which was the coldest since last winter.

Sorry to hear the D rings aren't a lot better than the originals. Time will tell I guess. Do let everyone know how you make out over time.
It’s pretty abnormal weather for here. Anyway I only heard it a bit shortly after 1 startup yesterday while in 1st gear and not under load. Previously once it started it was all the time in neutral and 1-2nd and progressed to a sound I heard when it got warmer too. I’m concerned I heard it, because it was progressive, but it was faint. Right now I’d say it was a fair sound for a cold car. I’ll keep monitoring and report back in a few months of I hear it progress, today it was cold and I didn’t notice it but yesterday I did.

I

tide96

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I'm here to report I had the latest TSB performed by my dealership. Dropped it off on Monday and was ready today. They used the latest parts and did a great job in putting back the transmission in. All the cables, wires were placed back as they should. I spoke to the transmission guy, he's young in his early 30's and he's a mustang guy that's familiar with the MT82 and knew about the Bronco manual transmission issues. This was his first tear down of the Bronco. I will say looking under the Bronco, he definitely took his time and made sure everything was clean. He did say it was a pain in the ass to work on and hopes it will be his last. So far no noise. The weather here in L.A. (Lower Alabama) was around 58 degrees even then before the fix it would make noise at idle or going slow in 1st and 2nd. Fingers crossed, hope it's fixed. Will report when temps fall and if there's any noise.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have not been back to the dealer since purchased.
Currently at 35k miles
It takes too long to get an appointment and then they always quote a week to look at it.
Also would prefer a new transmission with the correct parts, instead of hoping they put my transmission back together correctly.

hopefully theres a recall

pjstans

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Waited 1 year and 2 weeks for my Bronco order (2 DR/MT). In the first year and 2 weeks since I've had it, first front pinion seal replacement at the dealers for 3 weeks; 2nd front pinion seal replacement and rear differential rollers and bearings replacements at the dealers for 5 weeks; just dropped it off at the dealers Friday: front differential and transfer case failures, so who knows how long that will take. Crushed with disappointment.
2022 Wildtrak - 16K miles - front pinion seal leak (and not just a little!) - Dealer needs to get parts - supply chain issues (surprise..surprise!)..they will have it over a week - will also be inspecting the differential as well. Just normal driving - this should not be happening at all - how many here think this is a design issue - soon to become a problem - soon to become a recall?

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Temps have dropped significantly in Colorado over the last month and you should hear how loud the transmission is grinding now. Pretty embarrassing for a brand new vehicle (1.5 years old, but still). No idea how there is not a permanent solution yet but I grow more frustrated with it everyday, especially because the last time I took it to the dealer they said it was "normal". I wonder if this fiasco is part of the reason they haven't built any manuals in the last few months.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022 Wildtrak - 16K miles - front pinion seal leak (and not just a little!) - Dealer needs to get parts - supply chain issues (surprise..surprise!)..they will have it over a week - will also be inspecting the differential as well. Just normal driving - this should not be happening at all - how many here think this is a design issue - soon to become a problem - soon to become a recall?
i'm impressed that your wildtrak has manual transmission issues!
Sponsored

Last edited: