Sponsored

MGV seats - Why are the sides of front seats carpeted???

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to be a jerk here but people have some crazy expectations of the bronco and most of them are from never owning this type of vehicle before. I agree you aren’t supposed to really “hose out” the inside of it. Spraying out the floors??? Yes. Spraying off the seats….. no. The carpet on the side is to help quell speaks and rattles and the carpeted back shouldn’t pose a serious threat to cleaning referring back to you aren’t really supposed to hose it out. My gt350 has leather and suede seats and they didn’t use cloth on the console side and every time I get in it and the seat moves I get greeted with 5-10 seconds of fart sounds.
“Fart sounds”

Ford Bronco MGV seats - Why are the sides of front seats carpeted??? 1629850952441

You’re giving barking spiders a whole new name with “seat squeaks.” 😉
Sponsored

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guess you're not supposed to take it topless to the beach either. In Florida, it's common to get drenched by surprise rain showers. Guess it was silly of me to think that "wash out interior" with MGV upholstery and sealed switches meant it would be OK to take topless to the beach.
Yes...silly...if you think the dash and other areas are sealed like a Skidoo, then you will be in for a rude awakening as components and connectors slowly corrode in those small, hidden areas. But, I enjoy watching folks with their Jeeps...this will be the same.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would like it if this were true. Some type of hard rubber material. Or some sort of plastic. Just something for when the back seats are down that could throw muddy/sandy/wet things on and be able to clean easily. Carpet is anti that...
I remember old station wagons ('60s) that had crome metal strips over the carpet so objects could slide in the back.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to be a jerk here but people have some crazy expectations of the bronco and most of them are from never owning this type of vehicle before. I agree you aren’t supposed to really “hose out” the inside of it. Spraying out the floors??? Yes. Spraying off the seats….. no. The carpet on the side is to help quell speaks and rattles and the carpeted back shouldn’t pose a serious threat to cleaning referring back to you aren’t really supposed to hose it out. My gt350 has leather and suede seats and they didn’t use cloth on the console side and every time I get in it and the seat moves I get greeted with 5-10 seconds of fart sounds.
It’s crazy to expect that the Bronco with the washout interior to have rubberized seatback’s the way to non-washout interior of the Sport can have?

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s crazy to expect that the Bronco with the washout interior to have rubberized seatback’s the way to non-washout interior of the Sport can have?
No crazy in the fact people truly think you can hose this thing out. It’s not construction equipment.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As far as the term "washout" goes, Ford only uses it to describe the flooring.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.01.25 PM.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As far as the term "washout" goes, Ford only uses it to describe the flooring.

Ford Bronco MGV seats - Why are the sides of front seats carpeted??? mgv carwash
Good call. I guess it just came as more of a surprise that could have been avoided.

It’s not like I’m soaking the seats or anything - but, while washing the floors a wipe down to get the salt off…

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes...silly...if you think the dash and other areas are sealed like a Skidoo, then you will be in for a rude awakening as components and connectors slowly corrode in those small, hidden areas. But, I enjoy watching folks with their Jeeps...this will be the same.
It's really not silly to expect a roof-off can't-take-it-with-you vehicle to handle some rain. My motorcycle does it all the time with sealed switches and water-tight connectors in areas that get wet (BTW, auto makers already do this for connectors in the engine bay and other exposed areas). In addition to wash-out flooring, Ford media highlights sealed switches and MGV upholstery, all of which infer an interior that can get wet. Nobody really expects to spray water everywhere inside the cockpit, but it's not unreasonable to expect a vehicle like this to be alright when (not if) folks get caught in the rain and their hard top is back home.