First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long is the presale pricing going to last? I want to get mine ordered but have really bad timing with my credit card not working.
Bummer! No worries though, you still have some time since we're planning for about two more weeks

-Nick
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

I wanted to bump up this thread for those who have already started to get your kits!

Just a reminder that you can find the installation instructions on the kit's product page under the 'Tech Specs' tab. You can also find them right here too:

Bronco 2.3L Catch Can Installation Instructions

Thanks again guys! We're looking forward to seeing these kits installed on your Broncos!

-Nick

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

I wanted to bump up this thread for those who have already started to get your kits!

Just a reminder that you can find the installation instructions on the kit's product page under the 'Tech Specs' tab. You can also find them right here too:

Bronco 2.3L Catch Can Installation Instructions

Thanks again guys! We're looking forward to seeing these kits installed on your Broncos!

-Nick
Just got my kit today. Probably be the weekend before I get it installed but very impressed by packaging and quality! Nice little personal touch with the card as well Nick!

IMG_20220203_153546__01.jpg

IMG_20220203_153102.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 7MT Bronco, Lamborghini Urus, McLaren 765LT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking to order! How do you get presale pricing?

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody got pics of where the PCV is? The instructions say back of intake and has a pic but I see nothing like this. Figure I am looking in the wrong area/have a bad angle but not real sure the location of the area the pic shows is at to be looking.

Looking around it seems it is by the motor mount and the shock tower/wheel plastic was blocking my view.

Last edited:

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody got pics of where the PCV is? The instructions say back of intake and has a pic but I see nothing like this. Figure I am looking in the wrong area/have a bad angle but not real sure the location of the area the pic shows is at to be looking.

Looking around it seems it is by the motor mount and the shock tower/wheel plastic was blocking my view.
You need to take the driver's wheel off and work from the inner fender area. The block connection is above the starter, towards the front of the engine. The intake connection is above the starter as well. Look for the blue clips. I took the inner fender out to make it easier. Also got someone with smaller hands. It's a pain in the ass, very asinine design by Ford. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the location as I was too busy with colorful words and frustration. Sorry.

IMG_20220205_175339.jpg

16441023310548000657397273077854.jpg

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cuts are probably from the worm clamps. Otiker clamps would make a much more finished product. Pretty easy to source from aircraft supply houses and cost is negligible.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to take the driver's wheel off and work from the inner fender area. The block connection is above the starter, towards the front of the engine. The intake connection is above the starter as well. Look for the blue clips. I took the inner fender out to make it easier. Also got someone with smaller hands. It's a pain in the ass, very asinine design by Ford. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the location as I was too busy with colorful words and frustration. Sorry.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Bronco Catch Can R&D Thread 16441023310548000657397273077854

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Bronco Catch Can R&D Thread 16441023310548000657397273077854
i feel for you sir. I’m dreading this week when I get mine and eventually my OCD makes me want to install it now….

how long did it take you to install?

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i feel for you sir. I’m dreading this week when I get mine and eventually my OCD makes me want to install it now….

how long did it take you to install?
Probably around an hour and a half. Struggled the longest with the stock PCV pipe. The catch can installed nice and easy. The Mishimoto hoses installed smoothly as well. They did a great job on their kit, very high quality for the money.

Sponsored

truckatologist

Black Diamond
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr 7MT, on order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if this would void the factory warranty?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my kit today. Probably be the weekend before I get it installed but very impressed by packaging and quality! Nice little personal touch with the card as well Nick!

Anything for you guys ;)

Yep, it's down near the motor mount on the driver's side. It's a little bit of a tight squeeze, so there is some that you may have to do by feel since Ford always seems to place these in tight locations

Also, like what @Vellicate said, you can spot it through the wheel well and looks a lot like this:

NLT_9145-scaled.jpg

Does anyone know if this would void the factory warranty?
Great question!

We actually get asked this a lot when it comes to our catch can kits, and what it really all boils down to is that it's dependent on your dealership. Warranties are largely honored at the dealership level, so it really depends on how mod-friendly they are, so we always recommend chatting with your service writer before making your purchase and/or shop around for a dealer that is more receptive to modifications.

-Nick

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone made an install video yet?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got around to installing mine last night.

short of it.
Mishimoto parts...10/10
Instructions 8/10
ease of install 2/10 - all related to Ford pcv connection.
Frustration level 9/10

long story.

1st....Ford located this part in the most inaccessible location they could find sans putting it between the intake and block ala BMW starter. One of if not the worst experience for the basic simplicity of the part...close tie to the dumb gas tube flap gasket that is 10x's more complicated than a rubber hose clamped to a tube/nipple.

Rant over. Once you get the Ford part off the only hard part I had was routing the hose to get a good angle on the nipple/connector to get it to slide on and click.

The top part or non-red nipple was not so bad. I did remove the 8mm bolt holding some kind of hose setup out of the way to get more room.

The bottom/red connection took a couple of routing changes to get the best angle.

Mishimoto connections are much easier to install having only to push until you hear the click.

My only complaints on the install instructions. The instruction pics are close up and you lose perspective of where these pcv connections are. i get a close picture is needed as it is difficult to even see. You can see the red nipple once the tire and or plastic is moved out of the way. A general picture of where to look would help shorten the figuring out time.

Second maybe I missed this on the step but it says later in the instructions to connect the long hose to the a specific in/out port...but it did not say what nipple to connect this long hose too. I watched some you tune videos and they said the red nipple hose goes to the in so that is what I did as I did not see where to connect this long or short hose to.

Due to the location...not Mishimoto the install sucked. The parts are great and at most some slight tweaks to the instructions.

I could see and smell oil/fuel liquid buildup in my factory pcv tube and that is after 2,500 miles or so and I always run premium fuel from mobile or philips66 No doubt this is a must do mod on the 2.3L.

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my oil changed today at 7000 miles, emptied the catch can when I got home. In the short time I've had it installed, it's definitely put in some work. Highly recommend for any 2.3L.

IMG_20220228_161822.jpg
Sponsored