Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

daily. And if you have driven the new 10speed it’s so much smoother and quicker than any stick I’ve driven.
I would love a manual however in reality I would take the auto any day.
ok

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is good. more manual drivers than i thought!
In my family (brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces,...) there are at least 5 families who have one or more manual transmissions, and plan to always have at least one.
While most consider themselves Ford fans, they've all had to move on to Mazda's, VW's, Audi's and other brands due to availability. I can get a few more years out of my truck, but I'm down to the Taco as my only option, unless the Bronco comes through for me.
Ford... if you're listening, PLEASE?
Ford Bronco MTI550 7 Speed Manual Transmission With Low Crawler Gear Revealed in Document giphy

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Open to others? My dealers suck, I flew to Tenn to buy my explorer and drove it back to Jersey!!

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my family (brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces,...) there are at least 5 families who have one or more manual transmissions, and plan to always have at least one.
While most consider themselves Ford fans, they've all had to move on to Mazda's, VW's, Audi's and other brands due to availability. I can get a few more years out of my truck, but I'm down to the Taco as my only option, unless the Bronco comes through for me.
Ford... if you're listening, PLEASE?
PTL

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the take rate on manuals is low because for the most part dealers do not stock them. If you look at Ram trucks you had two dealers in the US (Dennis Dillon and Kernersville Dodge) that stocked large volumes of manual transmission trucks, they sold every truck they could get and people would travel over a thousand miles to buy one. Ram would only setup to run MT trucks through their plants periodically, so you could have a long wait if you ordered. Buyers like to purchase from stock on hand instead of ordering, I have heard many people say they would have bought a manual if they could have bought one from dealer stock. Since 2019 Ram has stopped building MT trucks.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will have to get the MT if it’s available in the Bronco. For years I have been saying to AT Jeep owners, “ Oh, I didn’t know these came in an Automatic” and “ cause your wife wants to drive it......right?”

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've only owned vehicles with a manual. My 2008 Jeep Liberty that I drive now is a 6-speed manual and my first car was a 1974 Z-28 with a 4-speed manual and all my cars and SUVs that I owned in between have been manuals. Same with my girlfriend - she will only buy a car if it is has a manual - she is now driving a 2012 Caliber with a 5-speed manual. When we go to the car shows the first thing that we ask is if it is available with a manual. And with our current vehicles we had to buy used to get the manual - hope that you are listening Ford !

Last edited:

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe the take rate on manuals is low because for the most part dealers do not stock them. If you look at Ram trucks you had two dealers in the US (Dennis Dillon and Kernersville Dodge) that stocked large volumes of manual transmission trucks, they sold every truck they could get and people would travel over a thousand miles to buy one. Ram would only setup to run MT trucks through their plants periodically, so you could have a long wait if you ordered. Buyers like to purchase from stock on hand instead of ordering, I have heard many people say they would have bought a manual if they could have bought one from dealer stock. Since 2019 Ram has stopped building MT trucks.
This is EXACTLY what it is. It's not that people DON'T WANT manuals, its solely that people don't NEED them enough to be forced to custom order one or fly across the country to get one. Dealerships just refuse to stock them, and because of that, it makes it look like buyers aren't willing to own them

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is EXACTLY what it is. It's not that people DON'T WANT manuals, its solely that people don't NEED them enough to be forced to custom order one or fly across the country to get one. Dealerships just refuse to stock them, and because of that, it makes it look like buyers aren't willing to own them
Yeah, sort of like Field of Dreams, "If you build it they will come".

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when was the last time you drove a manual?
Saturday, but I'm planning on selling it to use the funds as a down payment
Sponsored