Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in Bakersfield CA. Every year local dealerships lose 100s if not thousands of new car sales to LA dealers.

They think that the usual sale talk is going to persuade everyone to pay more.

You know the usual, buy local get local perks thing that always gets said. Stuff that isn't in writing that people seldom get. Like the whole "ill go out of my way to make sure if your car is in service to get a local buyer a loaner if possible" key word there is if possible.

I've bought a mitsubishi, a Ford, and nissan locally. All because the dealerships at the time were willing to accept a fair offer where they still make money and I go home with a decent deal.

After the sale though I have never ever gotten any "local" perk that would have been worth forgoing the savings.

Be an informed shopper, remember there is invoice and holdback. A dealership will usually never tap into their holdback but never take the usual "We got to make some money on the car" when asking for invoice + factory rebates.

It is downright disgusting when you find out what the holdback is on some of these vehicles and the dealership still marks up the vehicle because they know they are going to stick some sucker with all that negative equity. There is in fact a video on yourtube showing holdbacks on a raptor.... check it out.... its eye opening if you are new to car shopping.
I’m from Bakersfield as well, interested as to what your plan is? I’m currently reserved at Jim Burke (MSRP) but thinking of moving to Kearny-Mesa. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess everyone can rule out Norm Reeves Ford in Cerritos, CA.

@nsquiklifestyle doesn't sound like he wants any customers from here.

Edit: Seems he may have moved on to Bob Wondries Ford.

Dude... If youre going to talk shit at least do it anonymously. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

TUNGSTANG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any dealers in TN doing group buys or anything competitive?

I guess it's time to start getting my strategy sorted out.

Deuce

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You haven't looked around this forum much. There are quite a few deals to be had. Your dealership may be holding strong to MSRP or higher, but you'll likely lose a few conversions along the way. You've been registered since August, so I'd be surprised if you haven't seen some of the posts from various dealers (including us) that are offering discounts to B6G members. Some dealers are even in your backyard (Kearny Mesa Ford). You may or may not recognize it, but holding the reservation and being able to switch dealers with a phone call gives more power to the buyer then you're giving them credit for.
I’ll admit I haven’t been on the forum long myself, but I reserved the day after reveal. I was even thinking it could be a fun trip to pick my new ride up if I have to. Any good links I should look for? I’m in MN.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ll admit I haven’t been on the forum long myself, but I reserved the day after reveal. I was even thinking it could be a fun trip to pick my new ride up if I have to. Any good links I should look for? I’m in MN.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...icing-and-clarifications-for-the-masses.2296/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...voice-october-special-2nd-dealer-switch.7029/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ber-bronco-reservations-at-granger-ford.5905/

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
This reminds me of a story who did just that and was the quickest sale I ever made. A lady had totaled her Maxima and came in with an insurance check and a build out printed. She walks up to me on the showroom floor and said that she saw online that I have this exact car like the one she had and that if I could match said price she'd buy it right now. Took it to my manager at the time and he said okay. I had the car detailed and offered to show her all the features but she already had the same car so she declined. She was gone within 45-50 minutes.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You sure you want to leave Texas?? Everyone that I have met from Texas always moves back. Just saying!
I have never stopped regretting my move away from that great state, when I joined the Army back in 1990. I am trying like hell to get back.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The WORLD’S largest Ford dealer by volume is in SoCal and I have one of my resos with them. Other than an introductory welcome email at Reso time and now getting the sales emails, It’s been nothing but crickets from them and I received no offers of spiffs either. I made my 2nd Reso with them to protect my interests when X Plan dealers were being singled out. I’m assuming here in Calif, that MSRP is going to be the common sales price goal. I do try to buy locally to support my community, but I refuse to be held hostage over that mantra nor am I going to trade dollars for a trip to Des Moines IA
Larry — I expect that you’ve seen plenty of my posts, before, so I won’t waste too much time. Kearny Mesa has posted that they will still do the X Plan (value) discount. We both know they are near you in socal, so give Eric a chance to earn your business.

Sponsored

Deuce

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Larry — I expect that you’ve seen plenty of my posts, before, so I won’t waste too much time. Kearny Mesa has posted that they will still do the X Plan (value) discount. We both know they are near you in socal, so give Eric a chance to earn your business.
Seeing the potential deal and the positive reputation Eric has earned, it’s only a $59 fare on Alaska to go to San Diego and I am going to consider it. I want to let this X Plan Pricing issue settle down after the B&P goes online. I’ve been in the neighborhood of Kearney Ford more times than I can count, so it’s a very easy trip to make. If I contact Eric I want it to be meaningful time spent

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What you're missing is that by doing it your way, you are REWARDING the dealer that screws you over. I would happily spend a $1000 bucks on meals, hotel, and travel cost, to buy from someone that hasn't put a stick up my azz!
That just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's just making you work harder. The dealer isn't going to worry about it.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still not following how that's a good financial decision if the difference between the two dealers is any less than, let's say, $1500. And even if transportation costs you $1k, is going through that hassle really worth $500? I would probably need a few thousand to go through that scenario.
The price difference from MSRP to Invoice -$1000 is roughly $2300-$3000 so the savings would be in the thousands. Do your homework theres a thread on here with a spreadsheet that breaks it all down. I'd pay the $500 in travel fees and lodging to save that much.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.