Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know that the 'C' dipstick has replaced 'B', but how does it differ physically?
I haven't seen both myself, but from what I've heard from other people on here, the only difference is the location of where the dipstick twists before the bottom. Supposedly so it's easier to read or something. But that's only what I've heard šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

*EDIT*
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-change-on-my-2-7l.49883/page-20#post-1523389

See post 300, it shows a picture of both.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I almost hate adding to this dipstick disaster but for over a month........my dipstick has informed me I have oil. :ROFLMAO:

Annnnnyyyywwwaaaaaayyyysss............. This is what I discovered with my 21 First Edition 4dr built in mid-late November........

This was my original post........ #142

Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion A12B72E0-2363-4E29-A383-40A37010C794

Dipsticks be dipsticks...... Old vs New
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 325AAB12-0DDB-4788-97F7-8A9CA4451D72

After seeing the above, my personal assessment, why was so much oil added that it was ABOVE the bend/twist in the dipstick?? I mean, what does oil above the twist tell me about the oil level........keep in mined this oil was measured at 2200miles on a 21 FE that has never had any oil changes?! šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø At least the "new" dipstick gives me a reading on the hashed marks at 90%. Again, not trying to say this "IS" the one and only dipstick for all 2.7lt Bronco motors but this is what I discovered.

More close up's of my dipstick
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion B9773967-4961-4599-9381-3A05E8B5F889

The below dipstick has oil at about the 90% hashed marks......
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 12AB169D-12EC-45C2-B10C-BC365E1CD6E5

Good luck to you all on whatever your state of mind be on this dipstick dilemma! āœŒ

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen both myself, but from what I've heard from other people on here, the only difference is the location of where the dipstick twists before the bottom. Supposedly so it's easier to read or something. But that's only what I've heard šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

*EDIT*
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealer-insists-itā€™s-6-quarts-for-oil-change-on-my-2-7l.49883/page-20#post-1523389

See post 300, it shows a picture of both.
Thanks for looking that up, sounds like it's not worth replacing my original dipstick since they're effectively the same.

It's pretty sad that "see post 300" is an answer to the extremely basic question of "how much oil should I put into my vehicle?". Shows how much goodwill Ford has lost with this community by not providing clear and open communication on why they've changed their answers on this over the last couple years.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTF. Iā€™ve been on a lot of automotive forums over my 68 years but Iā€™ve never seen grown people quivel over bs like thisā€¦..it does not matter.
Ford says run 6, or 7 quarts if you wishā€¦..enough said.
If anyone finds some factual info from Ford Motor Company about how the 6 verses 7 situation came about from an engineering stand point, Iā€™d love to see it.
But, keep on with your bsā€¦ā€¦itā€™s entertaining
Iā€™m pretty sure one or some of you will be offended by my postā€¦.please donā€™t be, but geez.
The ā€œmain actorsā€ in this thread (and on the other two or three threads) are gonna do what they do, but Iā€™m pretty sure they wouldnā€™t do it to your face.
I really like this forum as Iā€™ve learned a lot hereā€¦..itā€™s a fun place with loads of great information.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You don't... only dealers get them and the customer is left in the dark... then you have to believe "my dealer said"
You do. Simply go here, register and pay for it.

Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The ā€œmain actorsā€ in this thread (and on the other two or three threads) are gonna do what they do, but Iā€™m pretty sure they wouldnā€™t do it to your face.
I really like this forum as Iā€™ve learned a lot hereā€¦..itā€™s a fun place with loads of great information.
I agree with you, its a forum online and one of the big no, no's.......Oil!!! You never win on an oil, fuel and tires thread. However, peace be upon you......but I'm keeping the newer dipstick. It reads better than the previous one that came with the vehicle that shows oil from the factory thats WAAAAAY over the MAX oil indicator. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The plot thickens :
From Brett Foote's June 9 2022 article on Ford Trucks-

" Turns out, the oil pans used in this application are poorly designed as well, as the oil pickup tube can become uncovered during hard driving . This can lead to damaged valves and bearings, all of which are issues that Ford Explorer ST owners have previously experienced as well with the 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6, a larger-displacement version of the 2.7. "

Ford Bronco Engine Failures Stem From Two Problem Areas: Report - Ford-Trucks.com

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's already been posts here about a "faulty" oil pan design. That website is old news.

Sponsored

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The plot thickens :
From Brett Foote's June 9 2022 article on Ford Trucks-

" Turns out, the oil pans used in this application are poorly designed as well, as the oil pickup tube can become uncovered during hard driving . This can lead to damaged valves and bearings, all of which are issues that Ford Explorer ST owners have previously experienced as well with the 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6, a larger-displacement version of the 2.7. "

Ford Bronco Engine Failures Stem From Two Problem Areas: Report - Ford-Trucks.com
Do you think Ford will allow us to trade our dipstick collections for a new oil pan?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, agreed. that doesn't clear anything up when it comes to the oil. It only clarifies why we saw different dipstick part numbers temporarily in the catalog.

Why does Ford state a 7.5 initial fill and that from the factory, regardless of which proper dipstick we have, the oil level exceeds the max?

Sure, I'll even be an idiot and pretend like 1.5 q can be lost somewhere in the engine. Still does not explain why from the factory it's okay to have the oil above the max line, but now Ford is telling me to only add six quarts to put it just at the max line.

Thanks for posting the dealer insider info...but ...
Oil cooler, and lines to turbo will not drain when you change oil so assume these retain 1.5 quarts that you will never remove, it just gets tge new oil immediately dirty.

But if that is only reason then why does a factory filled vehicle still read high on the dipstick?

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of a radical thought here, haha ā€¦. Doesnā€™t someone who owns a 2.7 Bronco also own a 2.7 EB F150?? If so I d be interested very much on:
1) how dipsticks compare
2) how oil pans compare

if they appear the same wouldnā€™t that give some credence to if itā€™s a 6 qt system like the F150??

Thereā€™s a hell of a lot of 2.7EB in those pickups and I havenā€™t heard of them blowing up right and left cause they ā€˜only run 6 qtsā€™ !

This whole thing seems way to difficult when a comparison MIGHT give some good info.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oil cooler, and lines to turbo will not drain when you change oil so assume these retain 1.5 quarts that you will never remove, it just gets tge new oil immediately dirty.

But if that is only reason then why does a factory filled vehicle still read high on the dipstick?
Wrong dip stick ā€¦ simple
Sponsored