First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree. So it is actually 7, but Ford says 6 is okay because they installed the wrong dipsticks on a bunch of 2.7L Broncos, but we should really be using 7?
Yep… you got it
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's incorrect as the spec for the 2.3L is and was listed as 6.2 quarts vs 7 originally for the 2.7L and now on paper down to 6 or 0.2 quarts less.
You obviously just don't understand and you're logic is extremely flawed. There have been 2.3's and 2.7's in multiple other vehicles for years. Both of which have always taken 6 quarts. Just because an engine is smaller and has one less turbo doesn't mean it cant take the same amount of oil.
The 2.3 being four cylinders long bored at 3.45 inches may actually have a longer pan than the 2.7 being three cylinders long bored at 3.27 inches as well. That could account for 0.2L extra of oil.

Besides, 6qts have worked just fine in hard working F150s. I know at one point Ford made a point about the Bronco having 7 making it even tougher in harsh off road conditions (which implies a different pan).

This sure sounds like engineering designed it one way, then the bean counters came in and said no / same as all other 2.7s, and the word didn’t filter back to the engineers who provided editing info to the technical writers until now.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This sure sounds like engineering designed it one way, then the bean counters came in and said no / same as all other 2.7s, and the word didn’t filter back to the engineers who provided editing info to the technical writers until now.
That makes too much sense. It can’t possibly be this. It must be a conspiracy by Ford because they doesn’t want to replace a few dip sticks 🤣

/sarcasm

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New announcement for the 2.7 picture is a 2.3🤷‍♂️ Yup they know what their doing 🤣

Sponsored

pjstans

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As the title says, Ford just released a new SSM yesterday to hopefully clear up some of the confusion about the incorrect oil dipstick for the 2.7 that some people were ordering.

sooo what is the correct engine oil capacity then? You would think that it would make sense to also include the correct capacity as the 2 go hand in hand. Using the "FT" stick (the longer one) still shows an over fill according to the manual if you go with 7qts.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy smokes. Why do people think they know more than Ford?

Makes absolutely zero sense.

SSM on oil capacity SSM on dipstick. Case closed.

So ridiculous.
You seem to have some issues, but cased is not closed until Ford explains why they are filling the engines well over the Max mark from the factory.

When THEY start filling to match whatever dipstick they put in then this may be closed. (Assuming YOU believe 1.5 quarts remain in the engine between oil changes)

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

sooo what is the correct engine oil capacity then? You would think that it would make sense to also include the correct capacity as the 2 go hand in hand. Using the "FT" stick (the longer one) still shows an over fill according to the manual if you go with 7qts.
Post #69

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

9 pages of people arguing about what number Ford published in whatever document.... Seems like you guys have not been following this Broncos saga since the beginning, because had you, you would know that Ford has messed up every single document they've ever published.

Digging your heels in the ground because of something for put in print is a ridiculous argument.

We need to stop worrying about what Ford printed.... And start worrying about why Ford continues to overfill from the factory. And when I say overfill, I don't mean N quarts.... I mean per their installed dipstick.

So do the later model F150s (with the same 2.7 nano engine) come overfilled from the factory according to their dipstick (I give two craps about what is in "print")? To me, that would be some actual facts to back up Ford's actions.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Going to verify script and PN on dipstick. From what I gathered it was only two months the wrong dipstick was installed.
From my understanding (And maybe I missed it), But Ford never installed the wrong dick stick. Only the online catalog showed the wrong dipstick for a short period.

The only way those dipsticks got "installed" in a Bronco was DYI.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

9 pages of people arguing about what number Ford published in whatever document.... Seems like you guys have not been following this Broncos saga since the beginning, because had you, you would know that Ford has messed up every single document they've ever published.

Digging your heels in the ground because of something for put in print is a ridiculous argument.

We need to stop worrying about what Ford printed.... And start worrying about why Ford continues to overfill from the factory. And when I say overfill, I don't mean N quarts.... I mean per their installed dipstick.

So do the later model F150s (with the same 2.7 nano engine) come overfilled from the factory according to their dipstick (I give two craps about what is in "print")? To me, that would be some actual facts to back up Ford's actions.
They messed up the original publications, they looked into the issue and now they’re correcting it. That’s the way I see it 🤷‍♂️ other people seem to think it’s some big corporate conspiracy because Ford didn’t want to replace a few dip sticks. To each their own. If you’re looking for a better explanation from Ford, good luck, because I doubt you’ll get it unfortunately.

As far as the overfill from the factory, I can’t speak to that since mine wasn’t.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From my understanding (And maybe I missed it), But Ford never installed the wrong dick stick. Only the online catalog showed the wrong dipstick for a short period.

The only way those dipsticks got "installed" in a Bronco was DYI.
Correct, the only wrong dipsticks we’re bought “over the counter” and then installed. Not from the factory.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You seem to have some issues, but cased is not closed until Ford explains why they are filling the engines well over the Max mark from the factory.

When THEY start filling to match whatever dipstick they put in then this may be closed. (Assuming YOU believe 1.5 quarts remain in the engine between oil changes)
You are so wrong. They don’t need explain ANYTHING to you.

They need to advise their service departments and that is exactly what they did.

Like I said earlier, fill it with whatever floats your boat and no one cares.

As long as you keep expecting an explanation, you will always be disappointed. It’s not coming.

Personally I am not an automotive engineer so I’m doing what Ford says.

You do whatever you want.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

They need to advise their service departments and that is exactly what they did.

As long as you keep expecting an explanation, you will always be disappointed. It’s not coming.

The service Dept does not own my Bronco... I do... so ford needs to talk to me also... which they have not....

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't say Ford needed to explain it to me. I simply said Ford needed to fill to correctly read on whatever dipstick comes from the factory.

To clarify, when I pick up my Bronco from the dealer and pull the dipstick, I want to know why it reads in the overfilled zone.
Sponsored