Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will need to do a Google search, but it is in the threads. Mine was not as the factory manual stated and it took some searching with my meter to find the correct wires.
BTW, if you want electronic brakes, you will need the 7 pin adapter in the factory set up.
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a 4-door. I think the wheelbase is fine. The rear suspension may be too soft. Maybe stiffer springs can fix that.

Getting a third vehicle is just not in the cards right now.
To be clear, the tow rating on the Bronco is Class II not Class III. Just because the receiver is 2" does not mean that inserting a Class III receiver hitch gives any extra capacity.
Also, as per the towing guide the 4 door Badlands does not have a 3,500 pound tow rating. It will only have at best a 3,320 tow rating with a GCWR of 8,860 pounds.
Ford Bronco Ordering Badlands Bronco... have some questions about towing capacity 1644468671896

Ford Bronco Ordering Badlands Bronco... have some questions about towing capacity 1644468966575

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, as per the towing guide the 4 door Badlands does not have a 3,500 pound tow rating. It will only have at best a 3,320 tow rating with a GCWR of 8,860 pounds.
Whoa... this is a total shock. With this posting, you've got me rethinking my entire order; in particular V6 vs 4 cylinder engine. And I was thinking the V6 was totally the way to go with trailer tow. I'm not at all interested in being the fastest guy on the road. Now I know these trailer weight numbers are not based on torque, and simply on weight.

With all the fear conversations on this site about V6 engine failures, what is the downside of changing an order from V6 to inline 4 cylinder?

Note, I'm a late Nov 2020 reservation, Badlands, Sasquatch, MIC, Trailer, V6 engine current order with expectation of late 2022 or early 2023 delivery. (based on nothing, just my personal observations here..)

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can’t believe I’m getting sucked into this question, but bottom line. “Safe” is whatever the GCRW rating is, which includes, the GVWR of the vehicle, plus fuel, plus occupants, plus dildos, trailer, the cargo and whatever other crap you’re hauling. Did you even factor in that 1 gallon of fuel weighs 8.33lb, assuming a full tank in both vehicles and any additional jerry cans you could be looking at close to another 500lbs just in fuel, which is also a bit flammable should you get into an accident.

Once you exceed the GCRW you’re unsafe since the brakes, stopping mass of the towing vehicle, wheelbase and other factors are direct factors in what the final stated GCRW for a vehicle are. Just because you can jump off a cliff or cut off your arm, doesn’t mean that it is necessarily safe to do so.

I personally wouldn’t want to be anywhere near you on the road when that trailer starts to wag the dog. Sounds like you should be looking at F150/250 with factory tow package for your needs.

Everything you need is below, you’re welcome:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/...-guides/2021_Ford_RVandTrailerTowingGuide.pdf
I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this, but:
GCWR (not GCRW) does not have anything to do with GVWR of the tow vehicle - both can't be exceeded but they're different things
When calculating how close you are to GVWR and/or GCWR from the vehicle curb weight plus estimated cargo weight, remember that a full tank of gas is included in the curb weight. Yes gas weighs, but having less means your curb weight goes down. Don't double count it.
If the stated tow capacity is governed by the actual receiver setup then you need to be cognizant of it as well as the GCWR. OP is talking about a BL so he shouldn't gave that problem, but you can go over it on other trims while staying well under GCWR.
The Ranger is rated for 7500lbs which is well over what he's towing. He likely doesn't need an F-250. Heck my Kia tows close to that weight around in camping season, and with a much larger surface area.
All gas and diesel vehicles have fuel

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a 4-door. I think the wheelbase is fine. The rear suspension may be too soft. Maybe stiffer springs can fix that.

I towed my NA Miata racecar on an aluminum trailer with my 2019 4Runner which had a 5000lb tow rating. The total tow weight was ~3600lbs, and it was a pain in the ass. Even putting airbags on the rear springs in the 4Runner didn't help. I ended up getting a Tacoma and towed the Miata across the country to many racing events with no issues.

The Bronco is ABSOLUTELY worse for towing. I wouldn't trust it to tow my Miata on the same aluminum trailer, let alone a Mustang on a steel trailer that weighs almost twice as much.

If you're planning on using the Bronco to tow your mustang for anything longer than a few miles, you're definitely getting the wrong vehicle for your needs. If you need a cheap third vehicle, you can get an early 2000s 1/2 ton pickup for under 10k in most places. They'll be beat to shit but they'll do a hell of a lot better than your Bronco at towing anything over 3000lbs.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like Ford? Like stick shifts? Buy my old F350 cheap and it’ll tow just fine. Aluminum or steel open or enclosed.

08 F350 v10 xlt srw. New falken winterpeaks and a plow mount for a fisher.

Or spend for a light aluminum trailer and take it easy. Maybe put in air bags to help the rear axle.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whoa... this is a total shock. With this posting, you've got me rethinking my entire order; in particular V6 vs 4 cylinder engine. And I was thinking the V6 was totally the way to go with trailer tow. I'm not at all interested in being the fastest guy on the road. Now I know these trailer weight numbers are not based on torque, and simply on weight.

With all the fear conversations on this site about V6 engine failures, what is the downside of changing an order from V6 to inline 4 cylinder?

Note, I'm a late Nov 2020 reservation, Badlands, Sasquatch, MIC, Trailer, V6 engine current order with expectation of late 2022 or early 2023 delivery. (based on nothing, just my personal observations here..)
The 2.7 V6 only weighs 20 more pounds than the 2.3 I4 so I wouldn't get hung up too much on saving weight with your engine choice.

Regarding 2.7 reliability, at some point Ford will get that problem addressed. Eventually, 2.7 Bronco owners will finally feel comfortable driving them somewhere other than between their house and the Ford dealer.

Order a manual transmission and then you won't have an engine choice dilemma.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And I thought a 3000lb boat on a 1000lb braked trailer was pushing it….

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be possible to flat tow the Mustang?

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Here is my take, You purchase a Badlands Bronco - for what? It's built for offroading and soaking up large bumps sorta like a 4 wheel dirt bike. The suspension is designed for this specific application. Then turn around and want a tow vehicle. Modifying the suspension will work but then you'll have more of a truck. You should evaluate what your main needs are. If you feel like towing the hot rod is very common with small amounts of off road adventures, then get an F-150 or Ranger, They are very capable off road and can do the towing chores also. It would be a shame to take a specifically designed vehicle and make it horrible at what it does best. It may be like taking a new supercross bike and dragging a four wheeler around the track with it. Eventually you'll see that you have chosen the wrong vehicle. Maybe someday, make the Bronco your third vehicle.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So how did the bronco do pulling the boat?
My JKUR does fine. If I ever get a Bronco order scheduled, I’m fixin’ to find out.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You want to tow 175% of the rated capacity and are asking the internet if it would be "safe"? WTF.

That being said, the answer depends on where, what distance and at what speeds. If it was on city/suburban streets at 45mph for 10miles or so. Sure I would tow it. But no way would I attempt long distances, hills or highways.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a question....

I know the towing capacity is only 3,500 pounds. I'd like to tow my GT350 on a flat bed safely if possible (even if not legal). GT350 curb weight is 3,760. The trailer stand alone probably weighs 2,000. Together it's 5,760 lbs.

Would it be safe to tow with a Curt Class III Trailer Hitch for around 6000 lbs payload?
There’s no such thing as a dumb question…except for a dumb question :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored